Can Granolah even get any stronger?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Can Granolah even get any stronger?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:50 pm

Vegeta said that Granolah made a mistake by not training since he got his powerup, but would it have even helped? The dragon supposedly concentrated all of the potential he could ever have in his entire life into his current form, so doesn't that mean that all of the training he could have ever done throughout the remainder of his 150 year lifespan is part of that power? There should be no way for him to become any stronger than he is now, except by somehow gaining power from a source external to himself.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Jack Bz
Regular

Re: Can Granolah even get any stronger?

Post by Jack Bz » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:09 pm

It concentrated all of his potential until he was undisputedly the strongest mortal, not making him as strong as he could possibly be. The dragon left 3 years in the tank because that was all he needed to be the strongest in the universe.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:43 pm

Presumably if he needed to be any stronger in order to be #1 in that moment, the dragon would have condensed a few more years of hypothetical training or deemed it impossible. Those three extra years probably represent room to grow.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:22 am

The way I interpreted what Vegeta said was that he was pointing out that Granolah has all this power and all these techniques, but he hasn't practiced fighting with them before, so he isn't able to use it all as well as he could be. Part of being the best is to be able to know exactly what to use and do in each situation so that you always end up on top, after all. So I don't necessarily think Granolah can get stronger, but I think he can train so that he can become a more experienced fighter and learn how to fully utilise the power he possesses. I think Granolah's limitations, the fact that this current strength is his peak, will be an important point in the overall plot once we move on from act 1 (the opening act we're currently in). Though I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:30 am

I think he was referring to train to adapt and learn to use his new power. Since Vegeta noticed, I guess it would make at least some difference.