I hope the next movie is the end of the Super era

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: I hope the next movie is the end of the Super era

Post by HeroR » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:18 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:22 am
Why don't they just start putting in manga-only content? Because it hasn't been animated yet? But don't other Shonen start making videogame characters even before they first appear in animation?

I mean certainly the problem can't be that they can't find a voice actor or something like that, so why can't they just start putting Moro arc characters in the game? Plenty of people liked the Old Moro so I'm sure he'd be popular in videogames (as an old crippled warlock at least instead of Perfect Cell 2.0).

Honestly the whole 'waiting for the anime return' theory has always been stupid to me. They're not going to waste millions of dollars in merchandise for an anime that hasn't been announced to return and at best, won't come back until 2022, which would be four years after the first anime ended. But instead squeezed as much as they can from the anime and the Broly movie for several year.

As for Moro, to be frank, most Dragon Ball fans don't even know he exists because they don't follow the manga even in Japan. A lot of that seems to be that most Japanese fans sees the Dragon Ball Super manga as Toyo's Dragon Ball and not Toyo's Dragon Ball with Toriyama's guidance. Basically, unless Toriyama is 100% behind it, they're not that interested unless it's Dragon Ball Heroes.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:46 am

Super definitely can't last forever, and it certainly feels (somewhat) like the next movie is getting closer to that ending, what with Pan getting some sort of focus and being close to EOZ. I don't think they'd continue making "Super" content that takes place after the ending period of the original manga, although they could just rebrand it. I have made "Dragon Ball GT2" jokes before.

Speaking of GT, I doubt that they'd use content from that for various reasons, mostly quality, although when they decide to use it is also key. I feel like the Shadow Dragons would have been used well if they spawned from the TOP wish and Baby could have been the antagonist of a Sadala arc, for example.

Whatever happens I'll be here to complain about it with you guys. :lol:

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:46 am

ZodiacBeast wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:46 am Super definitely can't last forever, and it certainly feels (somewhat) like the next movie is getting closer to that ending, what with Pan getting some sort of focus and being close to EOZ. I don't think they'd continue making "Super" content that takes place after the ending period of the original manga, although they could just rebrand it. I have made "Dragon Ball GT2" jokes before.
Step into the SUPER TOUR
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:31 pm

ZodiacBeast wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:46 am Super definitely can't last forever, and it certainly feels (somewhat) like the next movie is getting closer to that ending, what with Pan getting some sort of focus and being close to EOZ. I don't think they'd continue making "Super" content that takes place after the ending period of the original manga, although they could just rebrand it. I have made "Dragon Ball GT2" jokes before.

Speaking of GT, I doubt that they'd use content from that for various reasons, mostly quality, although when they decide to use it is also key. I feel like the Shadow Dragons would have been used well if they spawned from the TOP wish and Baby could have been the antagonist of a Sadala arc, for example.

It doesn't make any sense for Baby or a spiritual successor of him to be the antagonist of a Sadala arc. Besides the fact that Sadala is in U6, it's established that U6 Saiyans never went out and attacked or killed other races to take over their planets.
Which means Baby entire personality wouldn't make sense in that scenario, and if you're going to change him that much you might as well just make an entirely new character.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Ilikepictures-meh wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:31 pm

It doesn't make any sense for Baby or a spiritual successor of him to be the antagonist of a Sadala arc. Besides the fact that Sadala is in U6, it's established that U6 Saiyans never went out and attacked or killed other races to take over their planets.
Which means Baby entire personality wouldn't make sense in that scenario, and if you're going to change him that much you might as well just make an entirely new character.
Well, you could have him as a bad guy who knows he is the evil guy in the room.

Baby was supposed to be part of the good guys and the saiyans the bad guys, even though Baby was the bad guy, he viewed the saiyans as the evil ones... in this scenario that ZodiacBeast proposes, U6 Baby would be the bad guy all the time only instead of pretending to be attacking an evil race, he'd be just evil attacking another race. U6 tsufurujin could be just plain evil and have been rightfully erradicated by the good-natured saiyans.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:56 pm

Yeah, evil Tuffles could work, but honestly I just forgot the "Universe 6 Saiyans are good-natured" thing.

It's what I get for staying up too late.