Think of a plot for the new movie

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Think of a plot for the new movie

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:34 pm

Just for fun.

Here's my idea:

Toppo, Marcarita, and the Pride Troopers suddenly appear on Earth one day. Toppo explains that since he replaced Belmod as Universe 11's new Hakaishin, there's now a vacancy on the Pride Troopers, and they want to recruit Goku, because they were impressed by him in the tournament. Goku is unsure, but when they tell him that he'll get the chance to fight a lot of strong opponents, he's immediately interested. Someone then asks why Jiren isn't with them. They explain that after he tried to attack the audience in the ToP, he was punished by being banned from the team for a year, and has to spend that time meditating and reflecting on his mistake before he can rejoin. So that means they actually have two vacancies to fill.

Goku suggests that Gohan should join too, since he has experience being a superhero. Gohan says he has to stay home and take care of Pan, as she just reached the age where she'll start attending school. But Pan says that she thinks it's awesome that her dad and grandpa are both going to be superheroes, so she really wants them to go and then come back and tell her all about it. Even Chichi is persuaded to let them go once she hears that this might help Goku learn some responsibility that comes with having a job.

So Goku and Gohan go to Universe 11 and easily pass a series of physical tests and are inducted as Pride Troopers. Gohan wants to wear his Great Saiyaman costume but Dyspo (who is now the number 1 Pride Trooper and their commander) says that the rules say that they all have to wear the same red uniforms. Goku and Gohan then travel with the team on their spaceship, stopping a few monsters and criminals and saving a planet or two, but suddenly they receive a transmission saying that the Pride Trooper HQ is under attack, and when Dyspo asks who is attacking, the communications officer can't answer in time before there is a huge explosion and the signal cuts out.

Dyspo is upset that they won't be able to make it to the HQ in time, but Goku says that he can use his instant transmission to take them there, so they all hold hands and try to teleport, but for some reason Goku can't sense the ki signatures from the HQ. When they arrive in the ship, they find that the entire planet has been destroyed and everyone is dead. Just then, Goku senses a powerful but familiar ki signature on another nearby planet, and this time he is able to teleport everyone there before it's too late. The planet is in ruins, but there are still some survivors hiding, and then the attacker appears from a cloud of dust.

Everyone is shocked to see that it's Jiren, but there is something off about him, like he's not himself. He is also not wearing his Pride Trooper outfit anymore, but a type of black armor. Dyspo and the other Pride Troopers ask what the hell is going on, but Jiren doesn't reply and attacks them. Goku and Gohan join in the fight, and Goku uses MUI, but Jiren is able to keep up and is winning, and Goku comments that Jiren is now even more powerful than he was in the ToP. The Pride Troopers try a combination attack to trap him, but he easily breaks through it and kills one or more of the Pride Troopers. Jiren then powers up a ki blast to destroy the planet, and Goku realizes that they can't stop him, so he and Dyspo use their speed to grab as many people as possible, and Goku teleports them all back to the Pride Troopers' ship.

Dyspo thinks Jiren has gone crazy and become evil after being kicked off the team, but Goku says that he doesn't think that's it, he seems like he is not in control of himself, similar to when Vegeta was under Babidi's spell. Toppo and Marcarita then show up, and explain that, since he was kicked off of the team, Jiren spent the time trying to hunt down the demon who killed his master. He eventually found him and defeated him, but at the last moment the demon possessed him, and amplified the evil in his heart to make him a villain with the goal of conquering the universe, as well as massively increasing his power. Marcarita can't intervene because as an angel she's not allowed, but Toppo is willing to help the Pride Troopers stop him.

They intercept Jiren as he's attacking another planet, but even Toppo's new mastered Hakaishin powers are no match for him. Toppo, Dyspo, and other Pride Troopers try to distract him while Goku and Gohan come up with a plan. Goku briefly shows Gohan the fusion dance, as Gohan has seen it before he learns it quickly, and he and Goku fused into Gokuhan. By this point, Jiren has defeated Toppo and all of the Pride Troopers, and even with Ultra Instinct, Gokuhan has a tough match of it. Due to using MUI, the fusion wears off faster, and Goku and Gohan split apart, but they have barely scratched Demonic Jiren.

Gohan then has an idea and tells Goku to try using the Mafuba on Jiren. Goku says that without the talisman and something to seal him in it's useless, but Gohan insists he try it anyway, and he does. When Jiren is hit by the Mafuba, it actually extracts the demon essence from his body, but without anywhere to seal it the demon immediately tries to possess Jiren again. However, Jiren himself regains enough of his wits to blast the demon away from him, and then Goku and Gohan finish off the demonic being with a Father-Son Kamehameha. Jiren, Toppo, and the remaining Pride Troopers thank them for saving their universe, and say they are always welcome to rejoin the team if they want.

The movie ends with Goku and Gohan telling Pan the story of what happened, but she thinks they're just making it up since it sounds too crazy.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Think of a plot for the new movie

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:15 pm

Is this about guessing the upcoming 2022 movie's plot? If so:

-Pan's flying to Piccolo's house to drop off a present she made for him.
-They get to talking about Gohan; smash cut of him doing his Great Saiyaman thing taking down some robbers in the city with Krillin helping him; could be interspersed with Pan and Piccolo hanging out.
-Suddenly the numbered guys from the panel arrive; they mistake Gohan for a bad guy and battle him briefly before they learn he isn't.
-1 & 2 reveal they're part of a special outerspace/universe patrol of sorts and they're hunting down a villain that's headed this way, but they don't know what said villain looks like and/or the villain can change their own looks easily so they could be anyone.
-Gohan & Krillin decide to help.
-1 & 2 crash at Gohan's house; this is how Pan and Videl learn about them. If we get lucky, Videl decides to join in the search too.
-Gohan at some point spots the villain in town, sees them transforming, but the villain also sees Gohan and gets the drop on him before assuming the Gohan's identity.
-The villain returns to Gohan's house still in disguise and tries to kill 1 & 2 while failing spectacularly multiple times as he senses Pan and Videl notice something off about him and they keep peeking in on not!Gohan either intentionally or accidentally. Also 1 & 2 are incredibly lucky when it comes to unknowingly avoiding death.
-Piccolo meanwhile races to help Gohan as he senses him get KO'd. Helps him up with a senzu.
-They arrive back at Gohan's and confront the villain who transforms multiple times into different types of monsters while fighting Gohan now above the city.
-With the help of Piccolo, Videl, Pan, Krillin, 1 & 2 they defeat the villain who finally, out of energy, transforms back into their original form which is the sort of comedic harmless-looking (think first-form blob-digimon) character.
-1 & 2 arrest the villain, name Gohan and friends honorary universal patrol members, take the villain and go home.
-End credits scene with Gohan, Videl, and Pan fighting crime as Great Saiyaman 1, 2, Pan as 3 with her own costume and everything.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:27 pm

Chuquita wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:15 pm Is this about guessing the upcoming 2022 movie's plot? If so:
More like make up your own idea of the plot, even if it's something that probably won't happen. Sort of like if you were writing the movie, what you would do.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:54 pm

You know what? If I were writing the upcoming movie, I’m inclined to say that I’d just go into full-blown schlocky fanfic territory and have all the old movie villains from their respective nonsensical movie continuities (including Broly, because why not?) team up to wipe out all of existence or something, and of course, the Dragon Team (and also Freeza, I guess) have to stop them. Then the climax would be some ridiculous battle between Ultra Instinct God of Destruction Gogeta and some unholy amalgamation of all the movie villains.

If that premise sounds extremely stupid and nonsensical, that’s because it is, but I’d almost want to see something like that just for the fan reactions.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:04 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:54 pm You know what? If I were writing the upcoming movie, I’m inclined to say that I’d just go into full-blown schlocky fanfic territory and have all the old movie villains from their respective nonsensical movie continuities (including Broly, because why not?) team up to wipe out all of existence or something, and of course, the Dragon Team (and also Freeza, I guess) have to stop them. Then the climax would be some ridiculous battle between Ultra Instinct God of Destruction Gogeta and some unholy amalgamation of all the movie villains.

If that premise sounds extremely stupid and nonsensical, that’s because it is, but I’d almost want to see something like that just for the fan reactions.
You could just watch SDBH if you want to see that kind of thing.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:13 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:04 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:54 pm You know what? If I were writing the upcoming movie, I’m inclined to say that I’d just go into full-blown schlocky fanfic territory and have all the old movie villains from their respective nonsensical movie continuities (including Broly, because why not?) team up to wipe out all of existence or something, and of course, the Dragon Team (and also Freeza, I guess) have to stop them. Then the climax would be some ridiculous battle between Ultra Instinct God of Destruction Gogeta and some unholy amalgamation of all the movie villains.

You could just watch SDBH if you want to see that kind of thing.
But it’d be a lot funnier if something like that made it’s way into the series proper. :lol:

In all seriousness though, I’m messing around. If I were coming up with the plot for the movie, I’d probably go with a more down-to-earth story that focuses on Gohan trying to balance being the Great Saiyaman with being a good father for Pan, while also examining his relationship with Goku. Also, there would probably have to be a bad guy, so I guess Chiquita’s suggestion about Goku and Gohan getting recruited to help take down a criminal would also factor in.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:15 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:27 pm
Chuquita wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:15 pm Is this about guessing the upcoming 2022 movie's plot? If so:
More like make up your own idea of the plot, even if it's something that probably won't happen. Sort of like if you were writing the movie, what you would do.
Oh! In that case, what I'd propose is more of a wishlist than a plot proper:
-Take advantage of the movie format and take viewers to exciting new locations that aren't just barren wastelands.
-A brand new villain with an entertaining personality who knows how to figuratively chew the scenery and has creative, whimsical yet dangerous powers.
-Brand new movie-exclusive outfits that go beyond "She's got a new hat!/They've got new coats!".

These are all things that have been utilized in various ways in Toei films for One Piece and Precure so it's not like they wouldn't have experience plotting it out.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:50 am

At work, so quickie version:

Pan has beem visiting Piccolo's new house to complain about how unfair her parents are about not letting her learn martial arts. Piccolo reluctantly teaches Pan. Meanwhile, Kuririn is investigating an case but two heroes appear and complicate the issue. One of the heroes turns out to be a villain and it's up to Kuririn, the Great Saiyaman, Gokuu, Piccolo and Pan to stop the villain. Pan, who had good interactions with the good hero and Great Saiyaman (who she does not know is her dad) decides to aim to become a super hero.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:19 am

If I'm restrained to one movie only and can't extend it beyond that movie, then let's see ...

-It'll be small, character based.
-The villain will have somewhat unique powers.
-Will introduce new-ish locations.
-Will use more than just Goku and Vegeta.
-Punching and kicking alone won't solve things, neither will a spirit bomb.

Title: Imagine: Dragon Ball Super
Time Frame: After Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

I'd have the bulk of the story take place in another dimension, a dimension that can only be accessed through meditation. It's the same place they go when they image train, but instead of their own dimension, they'll have to figure out how to get to the big bad's image dimension and defeat him there. Raw power won't be enough but spirit will be key in defeating this big bad. It's a villain that preys on each character's deepest fears. If they can't defeat the villain in time the Earth will be converted in an image world (something like a dream world).

Okay, here goes: The world is experiencing all sorts of weird catastrophes. People around the globe are suddenly falling asleep as they go about their day to day. It starts small but soon whole villages are affected by this and eventually even big cities like West City and even Satan City. Soon, members of the cast are also affected by this and it seems to affect those with the least amount of spirit (chi) moreso.

Once Bulma and her parents are affected, Vegeta demands answers. Against his better judgement, Vegeta reaches out to Whis for help in figuring out what is going on. Goku's family doesn't know what's happening with the rest of the world, it's not until Chi-chi succumbs to this mysterious slumber that Goku and Goten begin to freak out. Goku notices that Chi-Chi's mannerisms are similar to those of someone who is image training. He places a palm on her head and dives into her mind (like he did with Krillin on Namek).

Inside of Chi-Chi's mind, Goku sees Cell, only this time, Cell is distorted and more terrifying than he was previously. Goku notices remnants of his own fighting gi nearby, seemingly blown to pieces and nearby he sees Chi-Chi protecting Gohan's unconscious body from this Nightmare Cell. Goku steps in before Cell can attack Chi-Chi and fights Cell, but Cell is much stronger than Goku anticipates. As a matter of fact he's stronger than anyone Goku has ever fought before and Goku doesn't know why. No matter what he does, he simply cannot defeat Cell and so he's forced to grab Chi-Chi and flee. He teleports to the safest place he can think of at the moment, Kami's lookout. From here, Goku tries to wake Chi-Chi but is unable to. He decides to stay with her until they can figure out how to escape this nightmare. Together they watch over a strangely young version of Gohan, the one from the Cell Games.

Gohan is the third main character to deal with the fallout. Videl is starting to get drowsy as well, but she's fighting it. Her dad has already succumbed to the mysterious affliction and its at this point that it reaches a new state. The victims are slowly having their life force drained from them and so enters our race against the clock. Perhaps Whis enlightens Vegeta about this particular detail or perhaps Dende and Piccolo notice it. I'm not sure which way adds more to the story. Maybe Gohan should figure it out, IDK. On top of all that, the world is also starting to transform into a more abstract state as pockets of people's image worlds bleed out into the real world, changing the landscape.

Other characters affected by this also step forward. #17's entire family has fallen ill, and Krillin and #18 have lost Marron to the sickness (lost as in she is also in a deep sleep). Tien even comes across Launch who is slumbering along with a nearby village which alerts him that something is wrong. Thankfully Pan is okay. Gohan and Videl are helping out around their city with people passing out on the roads, in the air, on dangerous jobs, etc. They're doing the Superhero thing in plain clothes. Piccolo contacts everyone via telepathy and requests they head to the lookout. With things not letting up, Gohan just wants to get Pan to safety, as does Videl but without them many more people will be hurt or die leaving a tough choice. Luckily, they spot Krillin and #18 flying overhead with an unconscious Marron and so they request them to take Pan with them.

Eventually, everyone arrives at the lookout, except for Tien, Choazu, Gohan, Videl, Trunks, and #17. Due to a series of unfortunate events, a nearby volcano erupted near the village Tien and Chaozu train by and so Tien uses a 32 man multiform to carry the villagers to safety while Chaozu uses his psychokinesis. Trunks stays to watch over Bulma and her family, while #17 watches over his family as well.

At the lookout, Piccolo reads Marron's mind and comes to the same conclusion that Goku did earlier. He is also concerned because he cannot reach Goku, but that's when he connects with a distraught Goten who is still at the Son household watching in horror as his father and mother are frozen in a deep meditative state. As Piccolo learns the details and prepares to fly to the Son household, Beerus and Whis show up with Vegeta. As the group trades notes about the situation, a panicked Gohan contacts Piccolo. Videl has fallen into a deep sleep and Gohan can't wake her, just like with Hercule. Piccolo tells Gohan not to panic and tells Gohan to fly Videl to Goku's house where they'll all meetup.

Inside of Chi-Chi's mind, Goku expresses to Chi-Chi that he'll find a way out. Chi-Chi asks if he will fight Cell and Goku says he will if he has too. Chi-Chi is concerned. She doesn't want to lose Goku again. Her fears and doubts cast a literal dark cloud over her mind's rendition of Kami's lookout. The skies are so black that it's almost like Shenron was summoned, and once more Nightmare Cell shows up, this time descending from the sky. He delivers threat after threat to Chi-Chi. He threatens to take Goku away from her, for good this time, and to finally be rid of Gohan. Goku looks at Chi-Chi and sees her cradling Gohan, who has now reverted back to his 4 year old self from the start of the series. As a tumultuous storm is brewing around them, with lighting piercing the sky, Goku says to her, "That aint our boy." Chi-Chi seems hurt by his words initially, until Goku continues. "Our boy aint a kid no more. He's outside, with his own kid ... or in the books, like you always wanted." Chi-Chi appears apprehensive.

Cut to Gohan, who's arrived at Goku's house with the unconscious Videl. He along with Whis, Beerus, Vegeta, Goten, and Piccolo look on as Goku continues his battle inside of Chi-Chi's mind. Vegeta goes to interrupt Goku but sees a determined look on his face and declares that Goku is getting ready for a big battle and to leave him alone. Whis explains what Goku is doing and Gohan asks if he can do that too, but for Videl. Piccolo coaches him through a mind dive, after reminding him of the basics of image training. With Piccolo's guidance, Gohan is able to dive into Videl's image world.

Goku stands in front of Chi-Chi with his back to her as he faces down Nightmare Cell. He calls out to her again, "This is an impossible battle. I can't win alone." "Goku-sa..." she says. "We must fight together ... Chi-Chi." Chi-Chi is confused by Goku's request. She's never fought by his side in dangerous battles and she reminds him of such. Goku tells her that this is different, this is so they can get back the the real Gohan and Goten. After finally remembering her real sons the fake Gohan disappears my her grasp and Goku offers her a helping hand. She takes it, gets to her feet and together they strike a martial arts pose. Chi-Chi gives an epic speech about Cell not taking her Goku-sa again and they proceed to beat the ever loving snot out of Nightmare-Cell. Cell's facade drops for a moment, briefly revealing the true villain though they immediately revert back. We end the fight with a Wife/Husband Kamehameha and Nightmare Cell is reduced to sketch, but soon a quiet laughter can be heard which quickly vanishes. Goku and Chi-Chi both awaken to find Gohan now enthralled in Videl's mind.

In Videl's mind, we're back at the 25th TB and Videl is once again fighting Spopovich. She's putting up an absolute banger of a performance but once more can't seem to knock the man out. She once again fatally wounds him by this time kicking his head clean off his shoulders but Nightmare Spopovich is revealed to be a Buu-like Majin. He regrows his head and proceeds to knock Videl around. Gohan shows up and fights with Spopovich. Videl is overjoyed to see him and somehow her world suddenly seems less scary. Gohan lands some impressive blows but can't seem to make any headway against Majin Spopovich and this is where Gohan notices the nature of Videl's image world. He knows now that this Spopovich is not an opponent that he'll be able to defeat and so he coaches Videl.

He tells Videl that this is her fight and that she needs to believe in herself like she did when they first met. Videl pushes back and tells Gohan that her confidence back then was built on a lie. A lie that her dad was the strongest and that she was the daughter of a hero who saved the world. Gohan tells Videl that Hercule is strong for a human and that she is even stronger still. He reaffirms that he believes in her and that Spopovich is an opponent that only she can defeat. He tells her that once she defeats Spopovich, that they will see Pan-kun. As the fight progresses Videl gains more confidence and Gohan teaches her a new technique or two while she's fighting just by coaching from the sidelines. I'm thinking she'll pick up his Masenko as her first official ki blast and finish off Majin Spopovich with it.

With Gohan, Goku, Videl, and Chi-Chi now free, we still have the others to worry about and now the ailment is spreading to even stronger folk like Yamcha, Roshi, Tien, Chaozu and Krillin. It's here where the true villain reveals themself, though they're cloaked. We hear their voice for the first time (or maybe 2nd time, might do a cold open with the villain doing some villainy). The villain demands that they stop interfering with their plans so that they may continue to produce images and feast on the life force produced by those who now slumber. Goku declines and so the villain ups the ante and brings the strongest image foes into the real world. Majin Vegeta returns from both Bulma and Vegeta's image worlds. This sort of shared nightmare image is much more resistant than normal. Vegeta must team with his whole family to defeat that threat. It's dealt with after Vegeta promises to take them all to an amusement park which cheers Bulma up. Piccolo and Roshi's nightmares combine and so Piccolo must deal with Piccolo Daimaou once more. Daimaou shows Piccolo what his life could be if he returned to his conquering ways. Daimaou's plan fails once he shows an image of Piccolo defeating Gohan and destroying the Satan City. It's enough to grant Piccolo the resolve he needs to defeat his former self. He and Dream Roshi do a double team Mafuba on Daimaou. As Daimaou is being sealed away, Piccolo tells him that he didn't save Gohan so that Gohan would hate, he saved him so that he would live.

Gohan teams with all the Dream versions of the Earthlings to fight Nightmare Nappa and the Saibamen which is taken from their combined image worlds. Gohan literally invokes the power of each Earthling as he does their signature attacks. The slumbering Earthlings literally take over his body briefly as they land attacks on Nappa and the Saibamen. This brings them all back to the waking world.

#17 and #18 are faced with Gero commanding obedient and destructive versions of themselves. I'm not sure how they'd get out of this pickle, but likely with each other's help and Krillin's (can you tell I'm getting sleepy?). Perhaps Dream Marron steps in to remind #18 who she is, saving her from despair.

The last battle is a set piece with Goku and Vegeta fighting the big bad through various battle scenes from the franchise and some from Toriyama's other works. And finally, let's reveal our bad guy.

With the stakes higher than they've ever been, Goku and Vegeta stare down this mysterious figure and both begin the fight in Super Saiyan Blue forms. Through their tattered hood, the big bad stares down their foes and laughs. Once's they had their fill of laughter, they removes their hood to reveal the face of true evil.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:45 am

BWri wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:19 am If I'm restrained to one movie only and can't extend it beyond that movie, then let's see ...

I'd have the bulk of the story take place in another dimension, a dimension that can only be accessed through meditation. It's the same place they go when they image train, but instead of their own dimension, they'll have to figure out how to get to the big bad's image dimension and defeat him there. Raw power won't be enough but spirit will be key in defeating this big bad. It's a villain that preys on each character's deepest fears. If they can't defeat the villain in time the Earth will be converted in an image world (something like a dream world).

Okay, here goes: The world is experiencing all sorts of weird catastrophes. People around the globe are suddenly falling asleep as they go about their day to day. It starts small but soon whole villages are affected by this and eventually even big cities like West City and even Satan City. Soon, members of the cast are also affected by this and it seems to affect those with the least amount of spirit (chi) moreso.

Once Bulma and her parents are affected, Vegeta demands answers. Against his better judgement, Vegeta reaches out to Whis for help in figuring out what is going on. Goku's family doesn't know what's happening with the rest of the world, it's not until Chi-chi succumbs to this mysterious slumber that Goku and Goten begin to freak out. Goku notices that Chi-Chi's mannerisms are similar to those of someone who is image training. He places a palm on her head and dives into her mind (like he did with Krillin on Namek).

Inside of Chi-Chi's mind, Goku sees Cell, only this time, Cell is distorted and more terrifying than he was previously. Goku notices remnants of his own fighting gi nearby, seemingly blown to pieces and nearby he sees Chi-Chi protecting Gohan's unconscious body from this Nightmare Cell. Goku steps in before Cell can attack Chi-Chi and fights Cell, but Cell is much stronger than Goku anticipates. As a matter of fact he's stronger than anyone Goku has ever fought before and Goku doesn't know why. No matter what he does, he simply cannot defeat Cell and so he's forced to grab Chi-Chi and flee. He teleports to the safest place he can think of at the moment, Kami's lookout. From here, Goku tries to wake Chi-Chi but is unable to. He decides to stay with her until they can figure out how to escape this nightmare. Together they watch over a strangely young version of Gohan, the one from the Cell Games.

Gohan is the third main character to deal with the fallout. Videl is starting to get drowsy as well, but she's fighting it. Her dad has already succumbed to the mysterious affliction and its at this point that it reaches a new state. The victims are slowly having their life force drained from them and so enters our race against the clock. Perhaps Whis enlightens Vegeta about this particular detail or perhaps Dende and Piccolo notice it. I'm not sure which way adds more to the story. Maybe Gohan should figure it out, IDK. On top of all that, the world is also starting to transform into a more abstract state as pockets of people's image worlds bleed out into the real world, changing the landscape.

Other characters affected by this also step forward. #17's entire family has fallen ill, and Krillin and #18 have lost Marron to the sickness (lost as in she is also in a deep sleep). Tien even comes across Launch who is slumbering along with a nearby village which alerts him that something is wrong. Thankfully Pan is okay. Gohan and Videl are helping out around their city with people passing out on the roads, in the air, on dangerous jobs, etc. They're doing the Superhero thing in plain clothes. Piccolo contacts everyone via telepathy and requests they head to the lookout. With things not letting up, Gohan just wants to get Pan to safety, as does Videl but without them many more people will be hurt or die leaving a tough choice. Luckily, they spot Krillin and #18 flying overhead with an unconscious Marron and so they request them to take Pan with them.

Eventually, everyone arrives at the lookout, except for Tien, Choazu, Gohan, Videl, Trunks, and #17. Due to a series of unfortunate events, a nearby volcano erupted near the village Tien and Chaozu train by and so Tien uses a 32 man multiform to carry the villagers to safety while Chaozu uses his psychokinesis. Trunks stays to watch over Bulma and her family, while #17 watches over his family as well.

At the lookout, Piccolo reads Marron's mind and comes to the same conclusion that Goku did earlier. He is also concerned because he cannot reach Goku, but that's when he connects with a distraught Goten who is still at the Son household watching in horror as his father and mother are frozen in a deep meditative state. As Piccolo learns the details and prepares to fly to the Son household, Beerus and Whis show up with Vegeta. As the group trades notes about the situation, a panicked Gohan contacts Piccolo. Videl has fallen into a deep sleep and Gohan can't wake her, just like with Hercule. Piccolo tells Gohan not to panic and tells Gohan to fly Videl to Goku's house where they'll all meetup.

Inside of Chi-Chi's mind, Goku expresses to Chi-Chi that he'll find a way out. Chi-Chi asks if he will fight Cell and Goku says he will if he has too. Chi-Chi is concerned. She doesn't want to lose Goku again. Her fears and doubts cast a literal dark cloud over her mind's rendition of Kami's lookout. The skies are so black that it's almost like Shenron was summoned, and once more Nightmare Cell shows up, this time descending from the sky. He delivers threat after threat to Chi-Chi. He threatens to take Goku away from her, for good this time, and to finally be rid of Gohan. Goku looks at Chi-Chi and sees her cradling Gohan, who has now reverted back to his 4 year old self from the start of the series. As a tumultuous storm is brewing around them, with lighting piercing the sky, Goku says to her, "That aint our boy." Chi-Chi seems hurt by his words initially, until Goku continues. "Our boy aint a kid no more. He's outside, with his own kid ... or in the books, like you always wanted." Chi-Chi appears apprehensive.

Cut to Gohan, who's arrived at Goku's house with the unconscious Videl. He along with Whis, Beerus, Vegeta, Goten, and Piccolo look on as Goku continues his battle inside of Chi-Chi's mind. Vegeta goes to interrupt Goku but sees a determined look on his face and declares that Goku is getting ready for a big battle and to leave him alone. Whis explains what Goku is doing and Gohan asks if he can do that too, but for Videl. Piccolo coaches him through a mind dive, after reminding him of the basics of image training. With Piccolo's guidance, Gohan is able to dive into Videl's image world.

Goku stands in front of Chi-Chi with his back to her as he faces down Nightmare Cell. He calls out to her again, "This is an impossible battle. I can't win alone." "Goku-sa..." she says. "We must fight together ... Chi-Chi." Chi-Chi is confused by Goku's request. She's never fought by his side in dangerous battles and she reminds him of such. Goku tells her that this is different, this is so they can get back the the real Gohan and Goten. After finally remembering her real sons the fake Gohan disappears my her grasp and Goku offers her a helping hand. She takes it, gets to her feet and together they strike a martial arts pose. Chi-Chi gives an epic speech about Cell not taking her Goku-sa again and they proceed to beat the ever loving snot out of Nightmare-Cell. Cell's facade drops for a moment, briefly revealing the true villain though they immediately revert back. We end the fight with a Wife/Husband Kamehameha and Nightmare Cell is reduced to sketch, but soon a quiet laughter can be heard which quickly vanishes. Goku and Chi-Chi both awaken to find Gohan now enthralled in Videl's mind.

In Videl's mind, we're back at the 25th TB and Videl is once again fighting Spopovich. She's putting up an absolute banger of a performance but once more can't seem to knock the man out. She once again fatally wounds him by this time kicking his head clean off his shoulders but Nightmare Spopovich is revealed to be a Buu-like Majin. He regrows his head and proceeds to knock Videl around. Gohan shows up and fights with Spopovich. Videl is overjoyed to see him and somehow her world suddenly seems less scary. Gohan lands some impressive blows but can't seem to make any headway against Majin Spopovich and this is where Gohan notices the nature of Videl's image world. He knows now that this Spopovich is not an opponent that he'll be able to defeat and so he coaches Videl.

He tells Videl that this is her fight and that she needs to believe in herself like she did when they first met. Videl pushes back and tells Gohan that her confidence back then was built on a lie. A lie that her dad was the strongest and that she was the daughter of a hero who saved the world. Gohan tells Videl that Hercule is strong for a human and that she is even stronger still. He reaffirms that he believes in her and that Spopovich is an opponent that only she can defeat. He tells her that once she defeats Spopovich, that they will see Pan-kun. As the fight progresses Videl gains more confidence and Gohan teaches her a new technique or two while she's fighting just by coaching from the sidelines. I'm thinking she'll pick up his Masenko as her first official ki blast and finish off Majin Spopovich with it.

With Gohan, Goku, Videl, and Chi-Chi now free, we still have the others to worry about and now the ailment is spreading to even stronger folk like Yamcha, Roshi, Tien, Chaozu and Krillin. It's here where the true villain reveals themself, though they're cloaked. We hear their voice for the first time (or maybe 2nd time, might do a cold open with the villain doing some villainy). The villain demands that they stop interfering with their plans so that they may continue to produce images and feast on the life force produced by those who now slumber. Goku declines and so the villain ups the ante and brings the strongest image foes into the real world. Majin Vegeta returns from both Bulma and Vegeta's image worlds. This sort of shared nightmare image is much more resistant than normal. Vegeta must team with his whole family to defeat that threat. It's dealt with after Vegeta promises to take them all to an amusement park which cheers Bulma up. Piccolo and Roshi's nightmares combine and so Piccolo must deal with Piccolo Daimaou once more. Daimaou shows Piccolo what his life could be if he returned to his conquering ways. Daimaou's plan fails once he shows an image of Piccolo defeating Gohan and destroying the Satan City. It's enough to grant Piccolo the resolve he needs to defeat his former self. He and Dream Roshi do a double team Mafuba on Daimaou. As Daimaou is being sealed away, Piccolo tells him that he didn't save Gohan so that Gohan would hate, he saved him so that he would live.

Gohan teams with all the Dream versions of the Earthlings to fight Nightmare Nappa and the Saibamen which is taken from their combined image worlds. Gohan literally invokes the power of each Earthling as he does their signature attacks. The slumbering Earthlings literally take over his body briefly as they land attacks on Nappa and the Saibamen. This brings them all back to the waking world.

#17 and #18 are faced with Gero commanding obedient and destructive versions of themselves. I'm not sure how they'd get out of this pickle, but likely with each other's help and Krillin's (can you tell I'm getting sleepy?). Perhaps Dream Marron steps in to remind #18 who she is, saving her from despair.

The last battle is a set piece with Goku and Vegeta fighting the big bad through various battle scenes from the franchise and some from Toriyama's other works. And finally, let's reveal our bad guy.

With the stakes higher than they've ever been, Goku and Vegeta stare down this mysterious figure and both begin the fight in Super Saiyan Blue forms. Through their tattered hood, the big bad stares down their foes and laughs. Once's they had their fill of laughter, they removes their hood to reveal the face of true evil.
Wow what a story it was intense while I was reading your movie plot but the only thing I didn't like was that the big baddie was garlic jnr. Because he's the least liked villain in dbz plus he wasn't canon also we already had his movie The 1st dbz movie Deadzone, the story could work with some kind of demon who can manipulate image dimension world thus revealing our 1st demon realm arc and we find out that image dimension is a part of demon world and only demons who are above hiearchy can manipulate image dimension what you think??
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:53 am

BWri wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:19 am If I'm restrained to one movie only and can't extend it beyond that movie, then let's see ...

I like it, I thought my idea was creative but yours is even more so.

BWri

Post by BWri » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:29 pm

Ssgvegito30 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:45 am Wow what a story it was intense while I was reading your movie plot but the only thing I didn't like was that the big baddie was garlic jnr. Because he's the least liked villain in dbz plus he wasn't canon also we already had his movie The 1st dbz movie Deadzone, the story could work with some kind of demon who can manipulate image dimension world thus revealing our 1st demon realm arc and we find out that image dimension is a part of demon world and only demons who are above hiearchy can manipulate image dimension what you think??
I was just joking about the Garlic Jr. bit. I didn't want to write several more paragraphs explaining the villain at that point, but yes, I like your idea of an image demon. If you'd like, please, take the idea and run with it. It's open source at this point :D
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:53 am I like it, I thought my idea was creative but yours is even more so.
I liked yours quite a lot too. I meant to say that before I got caught up in my idea. Particularly your idea to bring use Jiren's evil-doer and how they extract the demon from Jiren with Mafuba. But I also liked how naturally the world of universe 11 progresses once Toppo takes Belmod's place, but also how Toppo still desires to help his friends. Good stuff there! You could probably name your movie Dragon Ball Super: Pride.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:42 pm

What truely made the original series so great weren't the actual battles, but the fact it made us care about these characters.
Whatever the detailed plot may be ... i'd like to see a story which really brings back that feeling. Supers anime may not have been the best character driven plot ever, but it did have these (slice of life and other) moments which made me still care in a sense (although not in the same way as the original series), something which is completely missing and absent for me in the latest two story arcs of the manga.

So please first zoom in to the characters themselves, to get us more involved, then later on zoom back out again to other universes and bigger threats.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:14 pm

Toriyama likes to keep things relatively simple and remix older ideas that he's played with before, so how about something like this (half-prediction, half-suggestion)?:
  • Due to a wacky twist of fate (a stray TV broadcast, or something), the renown of the Great Saiyaman (and Great Saiyaman 2?) reaches beyond Earth into outer space where it is picked up by an Alien race. They are currently enduring the tyrannical rule of some petty despot, and set out on a mission to enlist the help of this/these hero/es (this is where the new character comes in - they're the representative of these people). What they don't realise is that Gohan's just a dork (admittedly, a powerful one) goofing off in his spare time, rather than someone they should pin messianic hopes on. But he'll do (and Videl, too, if her heroic alter-ego exists in this continuity).
  • The new character comes to Earth while the Great Saiyaman (and 2?) is/are foiling some petty robbery, and verifying their bona fides, clumsily abducts them by stunning them and taking them away off-world (think Galactic Patrol vs. Goku and Vegeta in the Moro arc, only with gags instead of camouflaged trainee Angels).
  • Having learned about this, Goku and Vegeta go after them into space, thus initiating the B Plot. Pan is handed off to Piccolo to look after, since her parents have been abducted and her grandpa is going off into space after them (or maybe Mr. Satan at first, only for an event to open Piccolo's eyes to her potential, so he nabs her).
  • The A Plot is that without the Great Saiyaman (and 2?), the Satan City Police Force is totally swamped with the excess of crime that used to be kept down by its Super Hero(es). Officer Kuririn asks if maybe there isn't something Piccolo can do about it - maybe step in as a hero type in Gohan's place; though he's the strongest guy left on Earth that Kuririn's in contact with these days, Piccolo doesn't personally care - but some event happens that puts Pan in the frame as a super-prodigy like her dad, so he decides to train her for old times' sake - and she wants to become a Super Hero, too, because she's a little kid and thinks that would be really cool.
  • 'A' Plot follows Pan's path to becoming the Protector of Satan City under Piccolo's tutelage and in teaming up with Kuririn/the SCPD, 'B' Plot follows the alien enlistment of our other heroes in foiling the plans of the petty alien tyrant. Gags and battles abound in both plots, with eventual heroic success (probably without a great deal of difficulty, at that).
  • Having secured the freedom and gratitude of the alien race, Gohan comes home having finally felt the satisfaction of being treated like a true hero instead of a powerful dork in a stupid costume, only to find he's been pushed out of his Superheroing bit on Earth by his own daughter, who is Satan City's new Defender of Justice. It's good to know that it's still a time of peace on Earth.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:08 pm

That’s how I would write a light-hearted, slice-of-lifey story using the information we have so far about the movie:

- Movie begins with Gohan telling Pan a bed story, and the story is about the great super hero Great Saiyaman and his origin, how he first started fighting crime as a little kid, and even went out to outer space to defeat a galactic villain and then saved the Earth and the universe multiple times. Pan says that it would be cool if the story was real.

- The next day, she begins kindergarten. While she is playing in recess, kidnappers irrupt and hold her hostage, asking the police to immediately hand out a ton of money or Mr Satan’s granddaughter gets shot.

- Fortunately among the police there is Krillin, who rapidly disposes of the kidnappers and saves Pan. She recognises him and asks him how he did it, and he acts like she dreamed up that he moved at super high speed and tells her to go back to playing, but at the same time she sees Piccolo standing on top of a building looking over her, and sees him fly away.

- The scene cuts to Gohan’s family having dinner with Piccolo. Pan insists she saw Piccolo flying but everyone tells her she must have dreamed it. She says she didn’t and believes everyone is lying to her as she also once saw her grandpa Goku teleport into nothingness.

- After dinner, she sneaks outside and sees Piccolo flying off and begins whistling knowing that he can hear it. Now that the secret is out, she convinces Piccolo to teach her how to be a superhero in exchange for his favorite furniture.

- Scene cuts to Pan being thrown in the wilderness among dinosaurs: Piccolo’s training ways haven’t changed, but Pan is able to quickly fight off the dinosaurs and we see her climbing up some rocks barehanded to reach up to a mountain with a big lake, in the middle of which Piccolo is meditating.

- Surprised to already see her there, a training sequence of Piccolo teaching her martial arts begins, showing how Pan learns to fly and to fire off some ki blasts.

- Meanwhile, Goku is on Planet Vampa training with Broly. The two begin with Goku using Super Saiyan and Broly fighting in base form, then Goku switches to Super Saiyan Blue and Broly to rage, which he can now control. Broly goes full power and Goku reverts to base, but he can hold his own and eventually beats Broly! It turns out he has mastered Ultra Instinct in his base form.

- At the same time, Vegeta and Bulma are on a vacation with Whis and Beerus, and are seen enjoying the finest foods all over the universe. Vegeta keeps training and has decided to go on this vacation in the hopes of finding Freeza during one of their trips.

- The next day, as Pan is at school, two aliens arrive in Satan City and start committing various petty crimes, such as throwing litter around, painting graffitis, shooting birds with their toy pistols and other similar stuff. Piccolo, who always oversees Pan when she is at school, quickly confronts the two who introduce themselves as super villains who go around through worlds to do evil things and beat the local super heroes.

- Piccolo tells them to leave the planet, but the two attack him and quickly overpower him leaving him unconscious.
The two villains keep going around the city doing dumb criminal stuff but never crossing the line. They even encounter Krillin who fines them, but they draw a nose on his face and when he tries to restrain the two he’s quickly downed too.

- Sensing what’s happening, Gohan has to leave work. He goes on to fight them and a great fight sparks but eventually even he also loses.

- Gohan, Piccolo and Krillin reunite to try and find a solution for the problem. They reach the conclusion that they need to call Goku and ask for his help. And so they do, and the next day Goku arrives excited to fight two strong guys at once.
The two ask him if he is a super hero, but he says he is not and that he only fights for sport. The battle starts, and it is harder than Goku thought! It turns out the two can copy and match is power, aside from Ultra Instinct, but that is still enough for them to have an upper hand. Gohan decides to join the fight to make it more fair.

- As they fight throughout the world, they end up arriving in Satan City. Krillin joins as a spectator alongside Piccolo, and even Kame Sennin arrives as he was in the city to buy new sunglasses. The fight is at light speed and no citizen can see anything, but Pan senses something is in the air. She closes her eyes and in front of her appear lots of lights, with 4 burning much more than the others. She instinctively puts her fingers on the forehead and teleports to them!

- Goku and Gohan cannot believe their eyes. Pan asks them if she can also be a super hero, and on the sidelines Piccolo says that she can and clothes beam her a gi. He coaches her from far away, as she helps in the fight and eventually they are able to beat the two villains thanks to her, while Goku deals the decisive blow.

- Jaco is called to arrest the two and bring them to galactic prison.

- After the battle is over, Kame Sennin tells Goku that he fought stupendously. He gifts him the turtle school’s master Gi (EoZ outfit), which had once belonged to Grandpa Gohan, and tells him to go and become his own master, following his own principles, but hoping that he will carry on the turtle school’s philosophy.

- Uub is shown training in the village. From a distance, Kame Sennin observes him, and comments that at last even his best pupil will hand the torch to the next generation of fighters, and he can’t wait to see what they will be capable of.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:54 pm

It would be great if a new movie involved searching for the DBs again except each ball was hidden within a puzzle that took the abilities, knowledge, and experience of the team into account to solve. Dende & Whis could arrange it as a game to see who can win the most points and obtain a one-time, specialized wish that goes beyond what Shenron is ordinarily capable of at the cost of both wishes. There could be different teams like one under Goku, Vegeta, or Piccolo and it would be an opportunity to bring back some rivalries under a friendlier and more balanced setting.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

The Golden God

Post by The Golden God » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:10 am

Goku trains with Whis, he unlocked Ultra Instinct GOD by preforming a ritual of collection 7 kind hearted GODS from various universes. But Frieza decides that he’s done with the games and decides to train for a YEAR. After a year Frieza obtains Golden Frieza GOD and is now GREEN instead of gold. Frieza GREEN challenges Ultra Instinct GOD Goku to a battle, using death beam to mortally wound and humiliate Vegeta sending Goku into a RAGE, allowing him to ascend to Ultra Instinct GOD 2, defeating Frieza once again. Then Goku has a dream about Uub and thinks to himself wow, that guy, he looks STRONG, I better keep TRAINING because there’s STRONG people.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:35 pm

The Golden God wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:10 am Goku trains with Whis, he unlocked Ultra Instinct GOD by preforming a ritual of collection 7 kind hearted GODS from various universes. But Frieza decides that he’s done with the games and decides to train for a YEAR. After a year Frieza obtains Golden Frieza GOD and is now GREEN instead of gold. Frieza GREEN challenges Ultra Instinct GOD Goku to a battle, using death beam to mortally wound and humiliate Vegeta sending Goku into a RAGE, allowing him to ascend to Ultra Instinct GOD 2, defeating Frieza once again. Then Goku has a dream about Uub and thinks to himself wow, that guy, he looks STRONG, I better keep TRAINING because there’s STRONG people.
No offense to you personally...but that sounds like if Tommy Wiseau watched some episodes of DBS and then decided he was going to make his own adaptation of the series.
Anime Reporter: "So what led you to make Ultra Instinct into just one more of many transformations for Goku in his endless quest for improving his strength & skills?"
Tommy Wiseau" "I watch Dragonball Super and see that Goku gets stronger by transformation so I make him have a lot more so he can be strongest."
Anime Reporter: :shock:
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:23 pm

theherodjl wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:35 pm
The Golden God wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:10 am Goku trains with Whis, he unlocked Ultra Instinct GOD by preforming a ritual of collection 7 kind hearted GODS from various universes. But Frieza decides that he’s done with the games and decides to train for a YEAR. After a year Frieza obtains Golden Frieza GOD and is now GREEN instead of gold. Frieza GREEN challenges Ultra Instinct GOD Goku to a battle, using death beam to mortally wound and humiliate Vegeta sending Goku into a RAGE, allowing him to ascend to Ultra Instinct GOD 2, defeating Frieza once again. Then Goku has a dream about Uub and thinks to himself wow, that guy, he looks STRONG, I better keep TRAINING because there’s STRONG people.
No offense to you personally...but that sounds like if Tommy Wiseau watched some episodes of DBS and then decided he was going to make his own adaptation of the series.
Anime Reporter: "So what led you to make Ultra Instinct into just one more of many transformations for Goku in his endless quest for improving his strength & skills?"
Tommy Wiseau" "I watch Dragonball Super and see that Goku gets stronger by transformation so I make him have a lot more so he can be strongest."
Anime Reporter: :shock:
That’s...the joke
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:59 pm

This... This may be a joke but... This is something that modern Dragon Ball taught us. It's feels like a joke but as well it may be true. :lol:
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.