Is MUI a recycled SSG design-wise?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Golden God

Is MUI a recycled SSG design-wise?

Post by The Golden God » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:38 am

The concept for the SSG design was minimalist design that was more calm and modest looking than SS. The idea was it was supposed to be the opposite of SS3 which was mega flashy. That all went out the window with the next movie which introduced SSB which was just SS recolored blue, the reason for that being some people thought SSG looked too much like Kaio-ken because of the red hair and fiery aura.

Ultra Instinct is basically the same concept, base hair style Goku but with different hair color. Still very calm and serene looking compared to the explosive looking Super Saiyan. The only difference is swap the “kaio-ken” looking red hair and aura for silver, and Goku keeps his muscles.

I think MUI is basically SSG redesigned taking into consideration the problems people had with the origibal SSG design.

Jack Bz
Regular

Re: Is MUI a recycled SSG design-wise?

Post by Jack Bz » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:21 am

As far as I'm aware, Toriyama's design he himself drew for ultra instinct is quite literally a recolor of his same super saiyan god drawing but with a slightly sterner face.

The Golden God

Re: Is MUI a recycled SSG design-wise?

Post by The Golden God » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:12 am

Jack Bz wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:21 am As far as I'm aware, Toriyama's design he himself drew for ultra instinct is quite literally a recolor of his same super saiyan god drawing but with a slightly sterner face.
But why...