Would you like a beach episode in DBS?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Would you like a beach episode in DBS?

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:35 am

Kataphrut wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:28 am
JulieYBM wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:13 am
Kataphrut wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:08 am My Hero Academia is supposed to be the classy well-paced seasonal shonen and they just done a beach episode. That means until DBS does one, it's officially the better show.

Why does anime filler always draw from the same pool of stock storylines? If it's not a beach episode it's a baseball episode. Actually wait, DBS had one of those. So I guess they're even.
"Why are people horny?"

Sometimes people are just attracted to images and want to inject that into their art. I mean, obviously the production staff of the Boku no Hero Academia cartoon have multiple interests. We see their interest in drawing cute girls in cute swimwear the same way we see their interest in bringing to life cool fight scenes, like those earlier in the season!
Hey I ain't complaining. I just think it's weird that baseball seems to be the second go-to. It's the second-most boring sport on the planet after American football. And nothing horny about it either.
I apologize if I led you to believe that I was arguing that you were complaining. That was not my intention! ♥

Anyway, I don't get baseball, either. It's not my thing but it's quite popular in Japan! I've also enjoyed the anime I have seen about it. Of course, Japanese cartoons about sports are notoriously good, so it's no surprise that a baseball cartoon from Japan would be fun, too!

Personally, I'd love to see a basket ball episode. Imagine Goten moving like Nakazawa Kazuto's basketball scenes from Kuroko no Baske! It'd be so cool and something different for Dragon Ball!

She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:45 am

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:35 am
Kataphrut wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:28 am
JulieYBM wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:13 am

"Why are people horny?"

Sometimes people are just attracted to images and want to inject that into their art. I mean, obviously the production staff of the Boku no Hero Academia cartoon have multiple interests. We see their interest in drawing cute girls in cute swimwear the same way we see their interest in bringing to life cool fight scenes, like those earlier in the season!
Hey I ain't complaining. I just think it's weird that baseball seems to be the second go-to. It's the second-most boring sport on the planet after American football. And nothing horny about it either.
I apologize if I led you to believe that I was arguing that you were complaining. That was not my intention! ♥

Anyway, I don't get baseball, either. It's not my thing but it's quite popular in Japan! I've also enjoyed the anime I have seen about it. Of course, Japanese cartoons about sports are notoriously good, so it's no surprise that a baseball cartoon from Japan would be fun, too!

Personally, I'd love to see a basket ball episode. Imagine Goten moving like Nakazawa Kazuto's basketball scenes from Kuroko no Baske! It'd be so cool and something different for Dragon Ball!

It's all good, and yeah I'd be all for a basketball episode. Since the baseball episode was a Universe 6 rematch, I reckon there should be a basketball episode that brings Universe 11 into the fold. Imagine the long-awaited rematch between UI Goku and Jiren, and it's them clashing on the basketball court.

Since the baseball episode was Yamcha's show, the basketball episode should be Piccolo's. I'd wanna seem using his stretchy arms to steal game with a half-court dunk like Michael Jordan at the end of Space Jam.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:47 am

God, I would die to see, like, Gokuu and Hit having their long awaited rematch as a basketball game. :cry:
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:51 am

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:47 am God, I would die to see, like, Gokuu and Hit having their long awaited rematch as a basketball game. :cry:
You know what, if we're involving Universe 6 I want to see Gotenks vs Kefla in a basketball match. That would be actually insane.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:55 am

Kataphrut wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:51 am
JulieYBM wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:47 am God, I would die to see, like, Gokuu and Hit having their long awaited rematch as a basketball game. :cry:
You know what, if we're involving Universe 6 I want to see Gotenks vs Kefla in a basketball match. That would be actually insane.
Not just that...but what if Kefla and Gotenks did a volleyball game?! :o

She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:23 am

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:55 am

...on the beach? :P
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:28 am

Either way, the match would go down the same- Kefla dominates until Gotenks gets fed up and turns her into the ball.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:29 am

PurestEvil wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:23 am

...on the beach? :P
Full-circle, baby!

I can't wait for those muscles to be animated. :cry:
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:26 am

Goku and Jiren playing basketball? Seems oddly familiar...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f-9apIVBYD8
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:53 pm

It's not a big deal to me either way, but I'd be willing to give it a chance, as Super's writers are great at writing slice-of-life.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: