Would you like a beach episode in DBS?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Would you like a beach episode in DBS?

Post by GatoF » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:00 pm

It's tradition for many anime to have a beach episode, It could be fun to have a casual beach episode where everyone get together to have fun perhaps after beating a major villain. Do you guys have an idea of how would it be?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Would you like a beach episode in DBS?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:42 pm

I'd like any new episodes of DBS.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:45 am

Yeah, I want an episode where animators who are really good at handling sexy animation get to show off a bunch. Oonishi Ryou and Tomita Yoshikazu--two Toei Animation regulars--would be perfect for one!

Satou Tatsuya wouldn't work on a Toei series but if they can find someone who can animate men like this...whoo boy.

She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:50 am

Yeah, that DBGT beach flashback when Goku turned SS4. I would like that episode to be fleshed out.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:26 am

A perfect opportunity for Roshi sexual assault jokes!
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:18 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:26 am A perfect opportunity for Roshi sexual assault jokes!
Finally, the R18 episode I've been waiting for. 😭😭😭
She/Her
bisexual milf

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:50 pm

Meh, beach episodes seem to be nothing more than vapid fanservice vehicles, and DB fortunately never really delves into that. The less dumb anime bullshit in Dragon Ball, the better.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:11 pm

Only if Yajirobi and Buu are there in their swimsuits, looking thicc

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:11 pm

Thinking about how Ooishi Ryou and others would animate folds and frills on bathing gear. 😍😳😍😳😍😳😍😳😍😳😍😳😍😭😭😇😇😇💜💜💜💜😘😘😘😘😳😌😳😌😳😌😌😌😌👀👀👀oh lord, the water animation, too. Just imagine Shida Naotoshi getting a chance to animate a water splash fight. 😭😭😭
She/Her
bisexual milf

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Post by fleahop » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:26 pm

I dunno man. This is one area where I feel DB does a lot better (usually) in having their fanservice be laughable at best. I don't want to introduce DBS to my nephew and then have to fast forward through an episode because it's blatantly there for teens to get way too attached.

If there is a beach episode I'd like it to be a subversion of what's expected if anything. Make it a gag.
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:24 pm

fleahop wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:26 pm I dunno man. This is one area where I feel DB does a lot better (usually) in having their fanservice be laughable at best. I don't want to introduce DBS to my nephew and then have to fast forward through an episode because it's blatantly there for teens to get way too attached.

If there is a beach episode I'd like it to be a subversion of what's expected if anything. Make it a gag.
Yup, that's the thing I like about Dragon Ball - it actually makes dumb shit like that interesting rather than doing the usual nonsense. I say build the episode on Oolong and Master Roshi going on and on about what the ladies are gonna wear, only for the girls to all arrive in their regular street clothes and taunt them. Or the girls just skip it entirely and go on their own vacation that we never see, and thus the beach excursion is a sausage fest that Vegeta and Goku inevitably turn into a warzone to the bewilderment of all the regular folks, while Roshi and Oolong can only pout about being stuck with the guys. Boom, actually interesting and potentially funny, not stupid fanservice!
Cold World (Fanfic)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:31 pm

Don't understand this attitude of "beach episode only means one thing" when one can, in fact, just do multiple things, like have a character-heavy episode and hot shirtless men running slowly on the beach and swimming gracefully and sexily through water. People like multiple things!
She/Her
bisexual milf

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:53 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:31 pm Don't understand this attitude of "beach episode only means one thing" when one can, in fact, just do multiple things, like have a character-heavy episode and hot shirtless men running slowly on the beach and swimming gracefully and sexily through water. People like multiple things!
Well, yeah, that's why I workshopped something to do with it that would actually be interesting rather than the banal "SEXY TIME" stuff that those episodes seem to be an excuse for in anime in particular.
Cold World (Fanfic)

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:13 am

Perhaps I should mention that a chunk of the Krillin x Maron episode took place at a beach.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:29 am

PurestEvil wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:13 am Perhaps I should mention that a chunk of the Krillin x Maron episode took place at a beach.
i just remembered that. I must block it out since it looks god awful ugly.
She/Her
bisexual milf

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:30 am

JulieYBM wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:29 am
PurestEvil wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:13 am Perhaps I should mention that a chunk of the Krillin x Maron episode took place at a beach.
I take it that you are not a Maron fan...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:43 am

PurestEvil wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:30 am
JulieYBM wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:29 am
I take it that you are not a Maron fan...
I like her as a character. I just think that there is no eroticism in how the animation staff at the time drew the characters.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:08 am

My Hero Academia is supposed to be the classy well-paced seasonal shonen and they just done a beach episode. That means until DBS does one, it's officially the better show.

Why does anime filler always draw from the same pool of stock storylines? If it's not a beach episode it's a baseball episode. Actually wait, DBS had one of those. So I guess they're even.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:13 am

Kataphrut wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:08 am My Hero Academia is supposed to be the classy well-paced seasonal shonen and they just done a beach episode. That means until DBS does one, it's officially the better show.

Why does anime filler always draw from the same pool of stock storylines? If it's not a beach episode it's a baseball episode. Actually wait, DBS had one of those. So I guess they're even.
"Why are people horny?"

Sometimes people are just attracted to images and want to inject that into their art. I mean, obviously the production staff of the Boku no Hero Academia cartoon have multiple interests. We see their interest in drawing cute girls in cute swimwear the same way we see their interest in bringing to life cool fight scenes, like those earlier in the season!
She/Her
bisexual milf

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:28 am

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:13 am
Kataphrut wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:08 am My Hero Academia is supposed to be the classy well-paced seasonal shonen and they just done a beach episode. That means until DBS does one, it's officially the better show.

"Why are people horny?"

Sometimes people are just attracted to images and want to inject that into their art. I mean, obviously the production staff of the Boku no Hero Academia cartoon have multiple interests. We see their interest in drawing cute girls in cute swimwear the same way we see their interest in bringing to life cool fight scenes, like those earlier in the season!
Hey I ain't complaining. I just think it's weird that baseball seems to be the second go-to. It's the second-most boring sport on the planet after American football. And nothing horny about it either.