Wait, is Gogeta x Vegito incest?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Wait, is Gogeta x Vegito incest?

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:17 pm

Before anyone flames me, I DO NOT SHIP THEM. However I noticed when I browsing my Pinterest account that Gogeta x Vegito was a rather popular ship and some art depicts Gotenks as their kid in a way.

I do not understand the appeal as while the drawings do look nice, the ship does make me scratch my head as Vegito and Gogeta are more or less different fused forms of the same two people. Like I legit could understand any other ship before this.

While Gogeta and Vegito are established to be different people, I still think shipping them is the equivalent of shipping Zamasu and Black together. Black and Zamasu are legit the same person, the only real difference is that Black has Goku's body and Zamasu doesn't. And let's be legit, if Gogeta and Vegito somehow managed to exist at the same time in canon, they would act more akin to twin brothers than any actual twisted fucked up romance.

Even though they aren't the same person, they're basically two versions of Goku and Vegeta fused together through different means and they look almost identical outside of Gogeta having a tan and them wearing different clothes. It'd be like having sex with your twin at that point.

So is it selfcest or something else? I can't really tell since Gogeta and Vegito are two separate people but at the same time, they're two versions of the same two people fused, it'd be weird as fuck for them to have sex with each other even if it wasn't self-cest.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Wait, is Gogeta x Vegito incest?

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:25 pm

It's fun fantasy between adults (or just between oneself) and not meant to reflect real-world values.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:52 am

The word you’re looking for is self-cest.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:10 am

Weeeeird :eh:

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:09 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:52 am The word you’re looking for is self-cest.
But they aren't the same person. Gogeta and Vegito are confirmed to be two different people, albeit fusions of the same two characters created through different means. It'd be more like incest than self cest since they aren't the same people.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:19 pm

GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:09 pm
PurestEvil wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:52 am The word you’re looking for is self-cest.
But they aren't the same person. Gogeta and Vegito are confirmed to be two different people, albeit fusions of the same two characters created through different means. It'd be more like incest than self cest since they aren't the same people.
But they are not related to each other. They are made up of the same two people and their faces look the same. Therefore, it is more like selfcest than incest.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:19 pm

It's self-cest because it's hotter that way when Gogeta inevitably dominates Vegetto into submission.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter