Hypothetical: Speedrunning the ToP

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Hypothetical: Speedrunning the ToP

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:58 am

Pick a team of 10 mortals from any universe and come up with a strategy to win the Tournament of Power as fast as possible (by eliminating all of the other teams before the time limit is up). How fast do you think you can do it? Assume Zeno won't get annoyed that it ended so quickly.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Hypothetical: Speedrunning the ToP

Post by Cipher » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:05 am

Moro. And someone to help hide Moro. Then the rest of the tram to clean up.

Idk like ten minutes? How long does it take to drain all of Jiren’s energy?
Last edited by Cipher on Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:06 am

Pick Goku Black

Have Goku Black open his dimensional rift.

Use 100+ of Black's clones to take out all the fodder quickly (his clones are shown capable of damaging SSB saiyans so they'll take out all of the fodder, Kefla is never born because two of Black's clones simply speedblitz Caulifla and Kale).

Then Goku Black and his teammates can take out the rest. Maybe you can add Buu or Cell to the team in order to absorb the top fighters like Jiren and Toppo. For instance, Black can volunteer himself as a punching bag for Jiren (he likes being a punching bag) while Buu sneaks behind him to absorb him, like Super Buu did with Gohan. Buu wouldn't be disqualified because the absorbed victims are still alive biologically, just preserved inside his body.

What is important is numbers, if you can create endless clones of yourself that are all SSB level, then the fodder will be taken out in like 5 seconds. And that's the secret to speed-running it, regrettably in the actual show it took like 30 episodes for the fodder to go away :think:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:00 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:06 am Pick Goku Black

Use 100+ of Black's clones to take out all the fodder quickly (his clones are shown capable of damaging SSB saiyans so they'll take out all of the fodder, Kefla is never born because two of Black's clones simply speedblitz Caulifla and Kale).

Then Goku Black and his teammates can take out the rest. Maybe you can add Buu or Cell to the team in order to absorb the top fighters like Jiren and Toppo. For instance, Black can volunteer himself as a punching bag for Jiren (he likes being a punching bag) while Buu sneaks behind him to absorb him, like Super Buu did with Gohan. Buu wouldn't be disqualified because the absorbed victims are still alive biologically, just preserved inside his body.

What is important is numbers, if you can create endless clones of yourself that are all SSB level, then the fodder will be taken out in like 5 seconds. And that's the secret to speed-running it, regrettably in the actual show it took like 30 episodes for the fodder to go away :think:
Interesting idea, but a few potential problems:

1. Goku Black might not qualify as a mortal, as he has Zamasu's mind/soul

2. It was never really explained how the dimensional rift worked (Black himself said that he had no idea where it went), so it's possible that it might not work in the World of Void, or work differently. Instead of clones, something else might happen, and there's no way to know what.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:01 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:58 am Pick a team of 10 mortals from any universe and come up with a strategy to win the Tournament of Power as fast as possible (by eliminating all of the other teams before the time limit is up). How fast do you think you can do it? Assume Zeno won't get annoyed that it ended so quickly.
Dyspo trained by Belmod with IT, Piccolo fused with all Namekians with Kaioken and IT, Gohan trained by Beerus and Whis, Moro, UI Goku, UE Vegeta, Jiren, Hit, #17 and #18 trained by Whis.

I'd have the people with IT doing all the heavy lifting, teleporting around and eliminating large crowds of fighters. Moro would sit back and drain everybody with Hit watching his back. #17 and #18 on clean up duty, spamming big attacks. I took the strongest fighters outside of Broly, Frieza, Toppo, and Granolah so I think this will be a quick one. About ten minutes, maybe a little more depending on how much trouble Granolah and Broly can muster.

IDK, did I read this wrong? If we can craft the ultimate team, that leaves everyone else majorly screwed.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:02 am

BWri wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:01 am
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:58 am Pick a team of 10 mortals from any universe and come up with a strategy to win the Tournament of Power as fast as possible (by eliminating all of the other teams before the time limit is up). How fast do you think you can do it? Assume Zeno won't get annoyed that it ended so quickly.
Dyspo trained by Belmod with IT, Piccolo fused with all Namekians with Kaioken and IT, Gohan trained by Beerus and Whis, Moro, UI Goku, UE Vegeta, Jiren, Hit, #17 and #18 trained by Whis.

I'd have the people with IT doing all the heavy lifting, teleporting around and eliminating large crowds of fighters. Moro would sit back and drain everybody with Hit watching his back. #17 and #18 on clean up duty, spamming big attacks. I took the strongest fighters outside of Broly, Frieza, Toppo, and Granolah so I think this will be a quick one. About ten minutes, maybe a little more depending on how much trouble Granolah and Broly can muster.

IDK, did I read this wrong? If we can craft the ultimate team, that leaves everyone else majorly screwed.
Well the point of speedrunning is not just to beat the game, but beat it as fast as possible. So yes, cheap tactics are not only allowed, but encouraged.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:05 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:00 am

True, but technically Buu is also part-God then since he has the Grand Supreme Kai within him, and Buu would have qualified for the Tournament of Power if he did not fall asleep. So maybe the judges could accept it because Black had the body of a mortal.
2. It was never really explained how the dimensional rift worked (Black himself said that he had no idea where it went), so it's possible that it might not work in the World of Void, or work differently. Instead of clones, something else might happen, and there's no way to know what.
Well I'm starting from the assumption that the ability would work the same way it did when Black canonically used it. And I don't know any other technique that would allow to create countless SSB-level clones :think:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:16 am

SSBE Vegeta's final explosion destroyed half the arena, so I'm thinking current Ultra Lego Vegeta doing the same only without injuring himself might destroy more of the arena. Thus eliminating several universes at once.

The three cats duking it out on planet Cereal should easily clean up the arena. Goku can do those air punches, on top of being super fast, and Granny can hakai the rest, or even use clones.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:33 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:05 am
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:00 am

True, but technically Buu is also part-God then since he has the Grand Supreme Kai within him, and Buu would have qualified for the Tournament of Power if he did not fall asleep. So maybe the judges could accept it because Black had the body of a mortal.
Well I'm starting from the assumption that the ability would work the same way it did when Black canonically used it. And I don't know any other technique that would allow to create countless SSB-level clones :think:
We don't know Buu would not have been turned away at the door for being or god or his old absorbtions making them count as more than one person...

Obviously the moro arc was not thought out yet, but in universe its canon retroactivly.

Theyd have to grab Freeza reeeeal quick or Yamcha.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:55 am

TobyS wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:33 pm Theyd have to grab Freeza reeeeal quick or Yamcha.
Definitely they should just grab Frieza if that's the alternative :wink: