Adult Gotenks

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kappa
Not-So-Newbie

Adult Gotenks

Post by Kappa » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:22 pm

If Adult Gotenks is in the new movie, what do you want him to be like?

I personally would like to see him be a little more serious and use a sword. Or 2 swords.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Adult Gotenks

Post by Lionel » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:51 pm

I can't see why Gotenks would use a bladed weapon. The only members of the Z group who have experience with weaponry are Goku and Yamcha but they haven't been in use since the Daimou arc.

Now in personality I wouldn't mind something a bit more earnest and competent but Gotenks expressing a more optimistic and cheerful attitude wouldn't be wrong. It would be a good way of reflecting how the efforts of his elders have allowed him to live a good stable life unlike the Trunks from the future.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:14 am

I don't want him to appear at all. I'd rather Trunks and Goten become fighters on their own. Gotenks, in my opinion, is super overrated and bland.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:40 am

Lionel wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:51 pm I can't see why Gotenks would use a bladed weapon. The only members of the Z group who have experience with weaponry are Goku and Yamcha but they haven't been in use since the Daimou arc.
Gohan had a whole ass sword during his training in the Saiyan arc and then the whole Z sword training

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:35 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:40 am
Lionel wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:51 pm I can't see why Gotenks would use a bladed weapon. The only members of the Z group who have experience with weaponry are Goku and Yamcha but they haven't been in use since the Daimou arc.
Gohan had a whole ass sword during his training in the Saiyan arc and then the whole Z sword training
Gohan doesn’t make the Gotenks fusion though
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:46 pm

I'd like to see a Future Trunks/Gohan fusion instead.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:52 pm

If the movie takes place somewhere between AGE 782 and AGE 783, that would be teen Gotenks actually.

I'd like to him to be... a teenager. Acting like a teenager. Sounding like a teenager. Height of a teenager.

By the way, one of my avatars is adult Gotenks. One just need to take that and reduce him in size a little bit.
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:46 pmI'd like to see a Future Trunks/Gohan fusion instead.
Your wish is granted.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:42 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:40 am
Yeah, I only realised that after posting originally. I apologise for not remembering him. Although you could argue that his weapon's usage lacked proper experience in combat unless you count fending off and hunting animals while out in the wilderness.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:23 am

Grimlock wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:52 pm If the movie takes place somewhere between AGE 782 and AGE 783, that would be teen Gotenks actually.

I'd like to him to be... a teenager. Acting like a teenager. Sounding like a teenager. Height of a teenager.

By the way, one of my avatars is adult Gotenks. One just need to take that and reduce him in size a little bit.
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:46 pmI'd like to see a Future Trunks/Gohan fusion instead.
Your wish is granted.
Link doesn't work.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:11 am

Goten and Trunks learns sword but that doesn't happen until DBO. They have a dojo to teach others sword, but again doesn't happen until DBO, which they learn to infuse ki into their sword.

Gohan will need to have written his book about ki or Katchin.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:18 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:23 amLink doesn't work.
It was just an image of Gohanks.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:06 pm

The movie is supposed to be lighthearted, so I doubt they'll make him serious if he does appear. He'll probably be just as goofy as an adult, and I personally wouldn't want it any other way.

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:19 pm

I'd love if we never saw Gotenks again honestly, I'd prefer them individually.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:44 pm

super michael wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:11 am Goten and Trunks learns sword but that doesn't happen until DBO. They have a dojo to teach others sword, but again doesn't happen until DBO, which they learn to infuse ki into their sword.

Gohan will need to have written his book about ki or Katchin.
It's kinda neat that Goten and Trunks learn some sort of Kendo. It shows that they want to forge their own path even though Trunks is probably inspired by Future Trunks.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:44 am

Even when adult Goten and Trunks fuse, Gotenks should still be eight.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:43 pm

Personally I'd rather more development and focus be given on Goten and Trunks individually, as some others have said. Not that seeing an Adult Gotenks wouldn't be cool.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:11 pm

I'm also on the boat that wants more G&T and less Gotenks. I mean, Gotenks won't defeat any major threat, that's his parent's job, and for Gotenks to defeat a second level threat, I better have that reserved for Goten or Trunks.

Have those characters develop a little more instead of them being a vehicle, and excuse for Gotenks to exist.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:19 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:11 pm I mean, Gotenks won't defeat any major threat, that's his parent's job
Gotenks’ parents are Vegetto and Gogeta.

evirus

Post by evirus » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:21 pm

Kappa wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:22 pm If Adult Gotenks is in the new movie, what do you want him to be like?

I personally would like to see him be a little more serious and use a sword. Or 2 swords.
I've been thinking.... with Trunks using a typical western style sword Goten should spend some time with Yajirobe and pick up a katana.

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Post by fleahop » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:09 pm

I don't particularly want him to be in the movie, but let's say he is.

I'd like him to fuse to accomplish non-fighting feats. Like something both of them lack some characteristic to overcome a daily challenge so they fuse.

Or to avoid trouble they fuse into Gotenks to cause mischief, but the culprit is no more after 30 minutes. Just two guys. I'd especially like this if Chi-Chi/Bulma make them fuse back and just to get on to Gotenks specifically.
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill