Rank the DBS arcs from worst to best

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Re: Rank the DBS arcs from worst to best

Post by fleahop » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:39 pm

Yuji wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:04 am Extremely difficult to do so considering all the different mediums the stories have been told in, but I'll break it into parts:

Movies:
Battle of Gods
Broly
Resurrection F

Anime:
Zamasu
Universe 6
Battle of Gods
Tournament of Power
Resurrection F

Manga:
Tournament of Power
Zamasu
Universe 6
Moro
Battle of Gods

In total:
Battle of Gods (movie)
Tournament of Power (manga)
Zamasu (anime)
Zamasu (manga)
Broly
Universe 6 (manga)
Moro (manga)
Universe 6 (anime)
Battle of Gods (anime)
Battle of Gods (manga)
Tournament of Power (anime)
Resurrection F (anime)
Resurrection F (movie)
This list gave me pause. You've got balls/ovaries of steel to be posting it so nonchalantly. Most arcs I can kinda get why the person likes it even if I couldn't stand it (zamasu) but RoF? Not that you're wrong for liking what you like, I'm just genuinely curious. Why RoF?
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:50 pm

fleahop wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:39 pm
Yuji wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:04 am Extremely difficult to do so considering all the different mediums the stories have been told in, but I'll break it into parts:

Movies:
Battle of Gods
Broly
Resurrection F

Anime:
Zamasu
Universe 6
Battle of Gods
Tournament of Power
Resurrection F

Manga:
Tournament of Power
Zamasu
Universe 6
Moro
Battle of Gods

In total:
Battle of Gods (movie)
Zamasu (anime)
Zamasu (manga)
Broly
Universe 6 (manga)
Moro (manga)
Universe 6 (anime)
Battle of Gods (anime)
Battle of Gods (manga)
Resurrection F (anime)
Resurrection F (movie)
This list gave me pause. You've got balls/ovaries of steel to be posting it so nonchalantly. Most arcs I can kinda get why the person likes it even if I couldn't stand it (zamasu) but RoF? Not that you're wrong for liking what you like, I'm just genuinely curious. Why RoF?
Try reading them from Best at the top to Worst at the bottom.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:59 pm

Champa
Tournament of Power
Zamasu
Beerus
Golden Freeza

*Did a best to worst list so uh read it from bottom to top for a worst to best
Last edited by MasenkoHA on Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:07 pm

fleahop wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:39 pm

Movies:
Battle of Gods
Broly
Resurrection F

Anime:
Zamasu
Universe 6
Battle of Gods
Tournament of Power
Resurrection F

Manga:
Tournament of Power
Zamasu
Universe 6
Moro
Battle of Gods

In total:
Battle of Gods (movie)
Zamasu (anime)
Zamasu (manga)
Broly
Universe 6 (manga)
Moro (manga)
Universe 6 (anime)
Battle of Gods (anime)
Battle of Gods (manga)
Resurrection F (anime)
Resurrection F (movie)
As PurestEvil said, it's ranked from best to worst. Perhaps I should have clarified considering the title says worst to best, but in all fairness usually people rank things the other way around.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:05 pm

Manga:
Beerus arc -- It feels cheatsy to even put this here, the Battle of Gods recap is treated as just that: a recap. It doesn't try to retell the full story of the movie and feels quite barebones as a result, though as an introduction to the manga as a whole, it's fine. Toyotaro's early artwork is also very hit-or-miss if you ask me.
Universe Survival arc -- I've grown fonder of the manga's take on this arc over the years, but I still feel iffy on it as a whole. While a more compact, thematically tight story, it's not hugely memorable in a vacuum due to the breakneck pace (including with the recruitment phase) not suiting the multiversal stakes all that well in my opinion, though it does make the Tournament of Power feel appropriately hectic (though the arena often looking completely barren undermines this effect). 95% of the new characters introduced get wasted instantly, which makes me think this arc's scale should've been drastically reduced. The art suffers in places too.
Moro arc -- A thicc back-to-basics arc. Unfortunately, it rigidly sticks to the old formulas and stretches itself thin with repetitive and incoherent plot beats, though I maintain that the climactic stretch with Goku's buffed-up Perfect Ultra Instinct is pretty bloody great for the most part. The Moro arc represents the start of a more Toyotaro-helmed, decompressed era for the manga going forward, which the Granola arc seems to be following.
Universe 6 arc -- Very fond of this one. It's like a strawberry sundae, so light and refreshing. Not much more to say, but it tells a tidy little low-stakes tournament arc like old school Dragon Ball, now with Super Saiyan Gods.
Zamas arc -- Considered the definitive Toyotaro arc for many as this was the point when the creative divergences from the anime became glaringly obvious. There's plenty to love here: the story is tight, Zamas is a really compelling antagonist (though not quite as nuanced and weepy as his anime self) and some truly outstanding action choreography. Goku vs. Fusion Zamas is still one of the Super manga's finest hours. I've been thinking about how well Toriyama and the gang hit the jackpot with Goku Black, such an instant classic character. One negative is that Trunks, who officially has this arc named after him (which I've always found jarring when nearly all other arcs are named after villains), feels... kinda useless.

While I've criticised the Granola arc's poor pacing, it's probably gonna be one of those arcs that's far better on re-read. If it all works out well, I have a gut feeling that it may be in the running for first place...

Anime:
Golden Freeza arc -- Just an absolute shitshow on every level. Worse animation than the first arc, pointless and irritating changes to an already barebones plot (seriously, removing Jaco from the gauntlet fight, bringing in Gotenks just to have him defuse instantly, Ginyu taking Tagoma's body? What the disco fuck?), overall bloated beyond reason. The one highlight is actually getting to see the process of Goku and Vegeta training with Whis, though that's mostly sandwiched between the first two arcs in no-mans-land.
Copy-Vegeta arc -- Just a joke of a filler arc. There's some humour in Vegeta being confused about whether to support Goku or his own evil duplicate, but overall it's extremely bland and pointless. The setting of Planet Potafou is friggin' eye-bleeding.
Great Saiyaman arc -- A slice-of-life arc focusing on Gohan and Videl's family life sounds great on paper. Unfortunately, it's rather boring in execution.
Beerus arc -- Bleh. Some interesting changes and expansions here and there, making Beerus more overtly antagonistic was an interesting choice, but still suffers bloat and choppy animation.
Kuririn arc -- Some nice development for Goku and Kuririn, but overall it comes off as a waste of time as Kuririn's training doesn't come to much, and many of the same beats get undermines or repeated in the lead-up to the Tournament of Power. It's cool that this arc basically confirms Kuririn has major undiagnosed PTSD.
Hit Rematch arc -- There we go, a proper decent filler arc! More Hit is always welcome and the story doesn't distract or contradict the major arcs, so it gets a thumbs up.
Universe 6 arc -- Carries similar amount of charm as its manga counterpart, though bogged down with subpar animation in places.
Zamasu arc -- Mr. SupremeKai25, a.k.a. The Notorious N.I.N.G.E.N. summed up many plusses of this arc, especially that it was the point where people really sat up to take notice of Super after several mediocre arcs. Zamasu is a great villain with a reasonably complex descent into darkness. Nozawa absolutely steals the show as Goku Black, such an intensely menacing performance. The added touch of making Goku Black an affably evil bastard was genius. However, here are downsides in the wonky, convoluted time travel mechanics and the overly repetitive structure. How many times are Goku and Vegeta forced to retreat and rematch Black and Zamasu? Too many times.
Universe Survival arc -- Yeah, it's still a guilty favourite after all this time. It's normie crowd-pleasing schlock, but the art and animation are soooo much better and I can't help but respect Toei's sheer dedication to making sure damn near EVERY character gets some spotlight or development, both old and new. Maybe they went a bit too far in some places, and I do dislike how Toei-ified it gets towards the end with random ugly transformations and hamfisted "power of friendship" themes, but the entertainment value ultimately wins out.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:14 am

Manga (like them all; just some more than others):

Granolah - Ongoing (But at this point I wouldn’t be surprised at all to put it on top when it’s done)

4. Moro
3. Future Trunks
2. Universe 6
1. Universal Survival (top two are just about tied; basically even; Universal Survival is more ambitious and hooks me in on rereads, but isn’t flawless in its execution; U6 aims lower but I feel like perfectly accomplishes everything it sets out to do)

Anime (it’s more like which I dislike the least, unfortunately):

5. “F”
4. Battle of Gods
3. Universe 6 (Despite sharing literal scene-for-scene beats with the manga in places, this is really a devil’s-in-the-details case study—in this case the details are the overall pacing, the presentation of action, the scripting and delivery of jokes, odd, atonal mixing of serious tension and humor (not in the good, feed-into-one-another DB way, which the manga version does hit at points, like Goku gleefully hopping out of the ring to “see Monaka fight”), reliance on past homages, and color palette—I think this might be the ugliest looking arc in DB animation, not in terms of actual drawing and animation quality.)
2. Universal Survival
1. Future Trunks (The only TV arc I might say I find more enjoyable than frustrating on the whole, though it sure has its moments)

BernardoCairo

Post by BernardoCairo » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:53 am

[no filler arcs here]

ANIME:
-worst-
- Fukkatsu no F
- Future Trunks Arc
- Battle of Gods
- The Tournament of Destroyers Arc (U6)
- Universe Survival Arc
-best-

MANGA
-worst-
- Universe Survival Arc
- Battle of Gods
- Future Trunks Arc
- The Tournament of Destroyers Arc (U6)
- Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc
-best-
(Granolah the Survivor is still ongoing, but I like it so far)

MOVIES
-worst-
- Fukkatsu no F (Z)
- Battle of Gods (Z)
- Broly
-best-

Broly is the best thing to come out of Super. Moro is cool as well.

Mr Baggins
Regular

Post by Mr Baggins » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:12 am

After the most recent chapter, the Granolah arc probably is more of a giant question mark than ever for me. This month's outing is of the same general quality as several great chapters prior to the Galactic Patrol Prisoner arc (the worst story in the manga), even if the last few months were pretty mediocre in comparison.

I probably won't know how I feel about it as a whole until we're closer to the end. I can't say the pacing is up to snuff, though.
Review scores for the DBS manga (and movies):

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:06 pm

From worst to best.

Revival of Freeza
Screw this saga man. The movie was already awful, and the anime wastes time retelling this mess with piss bad animation. They at least bothered to fix stuff like Sorbet one shoting SSJB Goku and explain why Tagoma/Shisami got so strong, but it's still ass. At least the training episodes were cool. I also really like Ginyu, but it's pretty confusing that he was actually stronger in Tagoma's body.

Battle of Gods
The movie is pretty cool, but again hy did they waste time retelling this story? Episode 5 alone makes this saga the second worst.

Tournament of Power (Manga)
This is the only saga that I give the anime and manga different placements. The manga was incredibly rushed with key fights happening of screen. It's like Toyotaro just wanted to get it done so he could write his own material. Also, the Roshi stuff.

Goku Black
The manga rushes too much (No development for Zamasu) while the anime drags too much (3 trips to the future?), but overall I'd say both versions are about the same. Trunks didn't really have to be in it and time travel only makes things confusing, but he's a welcome presence. The ending is absolutely awful though and the saga has no impact in the series whatsoever. The manga at least had Goku master SSJB, but it came off as an asspull. Like, Goku using Hakai made more sense than PSSJB for me.

Broly
Meh. The animation is pretty simplistic and the CGI sequences give me a headache. Broly sort of has a character now, but at the end of the day he just reverted to old brutish Broly to throw hands with Goku and Vegeta.

Tournament of Destroyers
As safe as this saga was, I love a good ole tournament. It's a little too safe, the new characters are pretty bland and Goku and Vegeta's godly training is downplayed to hell. But still, some fun fights, a bit of heart here and there. That's the bare bones of Dragon Ball. Btw a lot of people giving praize

Moro
I actually kinda liked this saga. Moro is a pretty basic villain, but his techniques are something new. The saga has some missteps (The Galactic Brigade) but it's aways quick to find it's footing (Giving the weaker Z Fighters stuff to do) afterwards. Vegeta gets some character development on Namek and Yardrat and it's always good to see it. It's like Toyotaro really likes Vegeta, but since Toriyama doesn't he has to take that L by the end of the day. Wish he had stepped up and somehow defeated Moro after Goku gave him the Senzu though. That or just have Goku kill Moro, but I don't find it OOC for him to spare the guy.

And oh yeah, Boo was in it. The explanation for Dai Kaioshin to show up was horribly contrived, but at the end of the day he didn't impact the plot at all. I mean he was kinda important in the end, but I don't want to remember that ending.

Tournament of Power (Anime)
This is cool. So what the power scaling doesn't make sense? So what that it's too long? It took as long as needed. I really love how Goku's new form actually didn't do jack and Freeza had to save the day in the end. UI looks like SSJ5 after getting a haircut anyway.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:12 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:06 pm Broly
Meh. The animation is pretty simplistic and the CGI sequences give me a headache. Broly sort of has a character now, but at the end of the day he just reverted to old brutish Broly to throw hands with Goku and Vegeta.
:shock: Simplistic animation? Are you referring to the simpler character art or the actual animation? If you're talking about the art, then fair enough. They did go for simpler character designs to benefit the animation team. But if you're talking about the actual animation, then I'm gonna have to disagree like crazy. That movie has the best animation in the entire franchise. Some of the animation is creative as hell, like the scene where the perspective smoothly shifts into Broly's point of view while he fights Goku.

DBPirate

Post by DBPirate » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:31 pm

Strictly sticking to the anime here, as I haven't read the GPP arc. I have been thoroughly enjoying the Granola arc so far.

Worst
Resurrection F (easily) flawed
Battle of Gods (better story than Universe 6, but lackluster execution) decent
Universe 6 good
Broly great
Tournament of Power amazing, mostly
Future Trunks amazing
Best

The ToP and Future Trunks sagas have always been in stiff competition for me, but when forced to pick one or the other, I tend to go for the Future Trunks saga as I think Zamasu is an amazing new character and I love the story. ToP's best moments certainly rival the FT saga's best, but there's a lot of episodes that feel like filler, particularly in the recruiting segment. By contrast, the episodes of the FT saga that are considered "filler", like Trunks getting to hang out with Gohan's family, I find to be great.
Favorite sagas: Tien Shinhan (DB), Frieza (Z), Future Trunks (Super)
Favorite characters: Frieza, Future Trunks, Beerus, Android 17, Zamasu, Gohan

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:19 am

All anime except for Moro.

Universe Survival
Future Trunks
Moro
Universe 6
Beerus
Golden Frieza

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:59 pm

Worst to best -

Manga:

Battle Of Gods arc (Barely even an arc to begin. It's basically a glorified cliff notes version of the far superior movie)
Universal Survival arc (I give it points for trying something unique with its narrative but it's the execution that matters, and man, this arc just falls flat in several areas. From the terrible character writing to the iffy arc and the very questionable narrative choices. The biggest issue was the pacing. This arc went WAY too fast, resulting in a lot of significant fights feeling cut short and barely any time for character development.)
Universe 6/Champa arc (A fun and tidy little arc even if out of all the arcs, this has the lowest amount of steaks. Nice fights, nice art and a nice ending)
Future Trunks arc (I'm so conflicted about this arc. On one hand, it's the most cohesive and coherent arc Toyotaro has written so far. But it just doesn't have enough emotional resonance to hook me in. This becomes a huge issue with how the arc ends.
Galactic Patrol Prisoner arc (Hand's down the best arc to come out Super so far. But even then, it runs into problems in the third act as the plot devolves into "Rule Of Cool" storytelling and the narrative becomes unnecessarily bloated with the pacing grinding to a halt once the Galactic Patrol prisoners arrive on Earth the second time. It's not helped by Moro being terribly underwritten as an antagonist. This arc would have worked far better with a weekly schedule than a monthly one because I think that would have given Toyotaro more pages to work within a four-week span and would have made the storytelling flow better. This arc definitely benefits better from being read in sitting than being consumed on a monthly basis.)

Anime:

Ressurection F arc (Terribly written, poorly animated... just... not only the worst in Super but one of the worst arcs in all of Dragon Ball.)
Copy Vegeta arc (Dreadfully boring but inoffensive. This arc is nearly saved by the phenomenal casting choice made by FUNimation to have Brian Drummond voice Copy Vegeta. Well played, FUNimation)
Battle Of Gods arc (Ridiculously overwritten and far more melodramatic and less humourous than the movie. The nadir being the cringy as hell "My Bulma" moment. But the Goku and Beerus battle was better than the movie. I thank this arc for the memes spawned from Episode 5, though.)
Post Future Trunks/Pre Universal Survival arc (A fun collection of episodes that brings out some of the best of the supporting cast and also shows that Goku really does has great chemistry with anyone. The biggest highlight though was Yamcha's Baseball episode. Out of all the filler episodes in the Dragon Ball anime, I rewatch that episode the most by FAR.)
Universe 6/Champa arc (A decent and compact arc, despite it looking REALLY rough at times. Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken is dumb but one hell of a visual and a moment.)
Future Trunks arc (The more I rewatch the arc, the more I realise how much the final third of it really KILLS this arc, especially the final two episodes. And that's such a shame because Goku Black and Zamasu are such entertaining villains, Future Trunks feels like an even more compelling character and the initial reveal of Goku Black is the best reveal of a villain in all of Dragon Ball. The arc just runs out of steam around Episode 62 and embraces "Rule of Cool" to the detriment of the quality of its storytelling. At the end of the day, bringing back Future Trunks did more harm than good when examining this arc as a whole.)
Universal Survival arc (This is the ultimate guilty pleasure in all of Dragon Ball. Any kind of nuance and layered storytelling takes a back seat to give the whole cast one more moment in the limelight in a scenario where stakes have never been higher with some of the best-animated fights in the entire series. The introduction of Ultra Instinct and Goku and Freeza teaming up to defeat Jiren remain high points for the entire franchise. This arc is the epitome of "turn off your brain and enjoy the fireworks", but holy shit, what a firework show it is.)

OVERALL:

Ressurection F arc (Anime)
Battle Of Gods arc (Manga)
Copy Vegeta arc (Anime)
Battle Of Gods arc (Anime)
Universal Survival arc (Manga)
Post Future Trunks/Pre Universal Survival arc (Anime)
Universe 6/Champa arc (Manga)
Universe 6/Champa arc (Anime)
Future Trunks arc (Manga)
Future Trunks arc (Anime)
Universal Survival arc (Anime)
Galactic Patrol Prisoner arc (Manga)

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:20 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:12 am :shock: Simplistic animation? Are you referring to the simpler character art or the actual animation? If you're talking about the art, then fair enough. They did go for simpler character designs to benefit the animation team. But if you're talking about the actual animation, then I'm gonna have to disagree like crazy. That movie has the best animation in the entire franchise. Some of the animation is creative as hell, like the scene where the perspective smoothly shifts into Broly's point of view while he fights Goku.
Aw shit I always swap animation and art. I think the art is too simplistic, and my grip with the animation is the opposite with the complexity. The way it flows makes me dizzy.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

nhienphan2808
Beyond Newbie

Post by nhienphan2808 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:04 am

Worst :
1.Every arc from the manga
(Anime from here)
2. RoF and BoG arc tied because i only care about the movie version
3. Universal Survival arc (Tedious, almost unwatchable fillers. I only care about a few moments with the mains) vs 4. Copy Vegeta arc (The rivalry is my guilty pleasure) Tied.
5. Champa arc
6. Future Trunks arc (Weird because OG Android/ Cell arc was my hardest arc to read and watch. This one was better. It's like it could have been what Toriyama wanted to envision - a revised Android/Cell arc just like Frieza arc with movie ROF if not for certain Toei choices)
ShadowWolf87 wrote:Freeza beat Goku, beat Vegeta, and destroyed the Earth. Even if no one else knows it, who does? Goku.
Who gets told it's his fault for being so careless? Goku.
Who has to live with that similar to how he wanted to make Freeza live with the fact he'd been beaten by what he considered trash, and have to live with that shame? Goku.
Freeza got the perfect revenge.

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Post by OrangeBanana » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:36 am

Worst

RoF: Lol who wrote this pile of dribble.

Future Trunks: By god was this arc god awful in pretty much every sense. Filled to the brim with pointless fights and a pointless plot which honestly adds up to nothing in the end and just kinda exists to act as that one arc you skip on every rewatch.

ToP: Yeah this is as bad as the future trunks arc, there is basically no redeeming qualities in this mess of what like 40ish episodes. This arc is all fighting but no story, and all the fighting is also pretty terrible and boring apart from a few stand out moments which raise this arc a bit higher than the future trunks arc.

Moro: This arc is also pretty terrible. Moro was a boring villain with nothing about him that was remotely interesting. Merus was a character and that's basically it, shieet you could remove him and nothing would change about the arc at all. However I did like the fact that the Moro arc does seem to not exist as its own thing but rather a continuation of the ToP arc (MUI) and builds up to the EoZ with UUB and stuff like that. Additionally the fights in this arc were actually pretty fun and solid, even if the senzu bean thing towards the end was pointless and worsened the arc towards the latter part.

Universe 6/7 Tournament: Okay now we're actually getting into the decent and goodish arcs of DBS. The Universe 6/7 arc was actually pretty fun and in the anime it had some pretty balls to the walls moment with SSJBKK showing up, bringing back the baller technique that is King Kai Fist. Also the fights and characters were actually enjoyable, especially Champa and his relationship with Beerus as well as Vados. This arc also introduces fully the idea of Zeno and is pretty important for the plot of DBS. The only bad thing I'd say is that SSJBKK didn't go anywhere after this in the anime which is a shame.

BoG: The OG DBS arc and probably the best one in the anime. Introduces the idea of SSJG which looked baller and also gave us the amazing pair that is Beerus and Whis. Not much more to say about this arc tbh, its solid and simple and does what it needs to do well, which is to be fun and entertaining and straightforward.

Granola Bar: While this arc has not finished yet and possibly won't for a good few more months, I will state that so far its the most enjoyable DBS arc in the Manga and is tied with BoG if we include the anime in there too. Gotta wait and see however where this arc will go though.

Best

Broly: This is a film but if I were to include it I'd probably put it tied with the universe 6/7 arc. Its a solid short story but it falls short on some character elements and sacrifices time spent on that for action and flare which tbh when working with a cardboard of a character like broly, was probably the right choice.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:34 pm

From worst to best, including the movies but none of the manga and filler:

Resurrection F (anime)
Battle of Gods (anime)
Tournament of Power
Universe 6
Resurrection F (movie)
Battle of Gods (movie)
Future Trunks
Broly

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:10 am

Resurrection F - I don't think it's as bad as everyone says, but it's hard to think of a better contender for the bottom slot.

Universe 6 - A decent introduction to the new universes, but it's generally bland and kind of ugly. Basically a farce like Resurrection F, but more open about it.

Future Trunks - Atmospheric and ambitious with a great main antagonist. It really should be higher, but unfortunately it dropped too many balls in my opinion.

Battle of Gods - The one that started the whole thing, it's a good fun story and Beerus and Whis are (or were in Beerus' case, he's worn out his welcome for me) additions to the cast.

Broly - Easily the best produced Dragon Ball anything- fantastic visuals, art and animation mixed in with a good dose of action and comedy. I'm only docking it for being overly safe- it's Broly vs Gogeta and also Bardock is in there for christ's sake, it's the basic-bitch team lineup of any Dragon Ball video game.

Moro - Felt very back-to-basics with it's muhaha evil villain out for galactic conquest and training arcs for the heroes to unlock a new powerup to defeat him. But at the same time, what's not to enjoy about that?

Universe Survival - Yeah, this is my top (heh) arc, sue me. I think it's got more going on thematically than it gets credit for, and it deserves a nod for being the arc that dragged the TV production arc out of its tailspin. Good action, good characterisation, great climax, it was the most enjoyable out of all of these to experience.

I'm witholding judgement on Granola until it's over and I'm not gonna count filler. The Krillin two-parter was good, but Brian Drummond couldn't save Copy Vegeta.

Kamehamehadouken

Post by Kamehamehadouken » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:09 pm

1 Moro
2 Broly
3 ToP
4 BoG
7 Zamasu
6 U6
5 RoF

Aizamasu