Next Dragon Ball Super Movie Idea

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Re: Next Dragon Ball Super Movie Idea

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:03 am

As long as it has nothing to do with SDBH, it might be fun. The story and characters in Heroes are awful, it's like bad fan fiction.

(I do love the Heroes game by the way, I just hate the original plots and characters. )

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:50 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:42 pm The old Toei movie baddies show up in Dragon Ball Heroes on the regular so the potential shock value has been worn right out.
Agreed. Heroes has so thoroughly run that well dry that "doing it for real" wouldn't have as much impact.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:20 am

Dragon Ball Super had well over than one year to do that before Dragon Ball Heroes started doing it, but they preferred to waste time retelling what didn't require to be retold in the first place.

We may lose the "shocking value" and "impact" but who knows what else could be done if they ever (and finally) decide to do it in the series.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:07 pm

Thinking about this more, I actually like how the DBZ movie that used this idea way back in the 90s did things. Cell and Freeza (and Hitler) escaped from hell but they're such pushovers at this point that Trunks and Gotenks took care of them easily.

This kind of wacky, pandering, meme-like idea is best handled with humor. That wasn't a great movie, but they did get one thing right!

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:23 am

If SDBH didn’t exist, I’m almost convinced that a movie where a bunch of past Toei villains show up to cause havoc, and Goku teams up with his GT counterpart to stop them, would’ve caused the fandom to have an orgasm.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:34 pm

Maybe something like Super and GT timelines crossing over, or timelines involving both Brolys (if we're assuming Broly has two movie versions) may work out.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.