Countries and Release Dates for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: Countries and Release Dates for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:46 pm

Greenland is an interesting addition. I've never heard anything about Dragon Ball in that country.
TheRed259 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:54 pmPlatinum Cineplex Timor Leste had also an announcement for the movie but for some reason they removed it so I won't add Timor Leste for now.
Interesting thing about Timor Leste is that Dragon Ball never aired, but the manga (which had an Indonesian translation) could be found in random chapters, but it was rare and people bought them to collect. Indonesian channels were free and accessible so some kids watched Dragon Ball that way on Global TV. I'm happy Timorese fans may now experience watching Dragon Ball on the big screen locally, it must have been a pipe dream when they were kids.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:55 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:46 pmI'm happy Timorese fans may now experience watching Dragon Ball on the big screen locally, it must have been a pipe dream when they were kids.
The movie premiered today.
https://www.facebook.com/Platinumcinepl ... 6510526117

Number of confirmed countries so far: 136

And there are still some countries that will be announced soon. It's not over yet.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:22 pm

wjbraden wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:53 pm
sangofe wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:02 am First post lists 11 dubs. This post says 13.
While Crunchyroll's blog posts aren't always accurate with little details like these, I'll assume it means there's a few more unannounced dubs on the way.
A Thai dub was announced 2 days ago for example.

Reunion is the new addition to the list.

Number of confirmed countries so far: 139

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:53 am

Do we have release dates for Reunion, Monaco, Mayotte and Vanuatu? I presume Super Hero has been shown in some of them territories already.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:09 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:53 am Do we have release dates for Reunion, Monaco, Mayotte and Vanuatu? I presume Super Hero has been shown in some of them territories already.
That's true. Check the first post for all the release dates.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:35 am

You can add Mainland China for January 6, 2023 now. And they even changed the title of the film due to strict Chinese censorship not allowing them to use the word "hero". It will now be known as 龍珠超:超級人造人 (long zhu chao: chao ji ren zuo ren)/ Dragon Ball Super: Super Android. 🤦

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dbsshk/ ... tid=Nif5oz
The world is your's.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:08 pm

tinlunlau wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:35 am You can add Mainland China for January 6, 2023 now. And they even changed the title of the film due to strict Chinese censorship not allowing them to use the word "hero". It will now be known as 龍珠超:超級人造人 (long zhu chao: chao ji ren zuo ren)/ Dragon Ball Super: Super Android. 🤦

Okay but let me know when the distribution company or a Chinese movie theater makes the official announcement and if it will be dubbed or subbed.

Number of confirmed countries so far: 145

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:53 pm

:evil:
TheRed259 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:08 pm
tinlunlau wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:35 am You can add Mainland China for January 6, 2023 now. And they even changed the title of the film due to strict Chinese censorship not allowing them to use the word "hero". It will now be known as 龍珠超:超級人造人 (long zhu chao: chao ji ren zuo ren)/ Dragon Ball Super: Super Android. 🤦

Okay but let me know when the distribution company or a Chinese movie theater makes the official announcement and if it will be dubbed or subbed.

Did Resurrection F and Broly get dubs? I know they got released, but haven't heard whether they were dubbed or subbed. Only Dragon Ball movies we know for sure had dubs recorded in mainland China are the first 6 Z movies. Either way, great news for Chinese fans.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:14 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:08 pm

Nothing mentioned about a dub there. I think the only censorship of the movie in China will be the movie itself. Otherwise I see nothing worthy to censor.
The world is your's.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:00 am

Looks like Toei Animation just dropped the official trailer on their official kuaishou page. Film title change is indeed legit. Also you'll get a glimpse of their new logo.

https://v.kuaishou.com/EhrHdd
The world is your's.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:04 am

4Anime have announced they are going to air Super Hero. Given the channel's history that should also mean a Kurdish dub is on the horizon.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:32 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:04 am 4Anime have announced they are going to air Super Hero. Given the channel's history that should also mean a Kurdish dub is on the horizon.
Is the Kurdish dub legal?

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:14 am

TheRed259 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:32 am
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:04 am 4Anime have announced they are going to air Super Hero. Given the channel's history that should also mean a Kurdish dub is on the horizon.
Is the Kurdish dub legal?
No, it's not. It was produced without a license like the Albanian dub.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:38 pm

https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/announ ... -this-july

Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO will officially arrive on Crunchyroll starting July 12 in North America, Central America, South America, Europe (excl. France), Africa, Oceania, Middle East, CIS, South Asia, Southeast Asia and East Asia (excl. Japan).

So the number of confirmed countries must be more than 146 but I don't know if I should break them all down. When it comes to the subbed versions, I added the Russian and the Hindi ones.