Countries and Release Dates for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Re: Countries and Release Dates for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

Post by TheRed259 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:29 pm

EGonzo wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:09 pm I'm a little worried about the Mexico release. The voice actors barely got together so I'm afraid they'll be rushed and their work will suffer for it. It kind of already happened with BOG, and the trailer for this one was rough
If someone watches the trailer while wearing headphones, then I think it's obvious that some voice actors recorded their lines from their home. The voice actor of Goku in the Latin American dub has said that due to Covid he is recording from his house. If they do record the movie from their houses then most likely the sound quality is gonna be bad.

The Brazilian Portuguese and German trailers suffer from the same issue as well.

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:04 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:29 pm
EGonzo wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:09 pm I'm a little worried about the Mexico release. The voice actors barely got together so I'm afraid they'll be rushed and their work will suffer for it. It kind of already happened with BOG, and the trailer for this one was rough
If someone watches the trailer while wearing headphones, then I think it's obvious that some voice actors recorded their lines from their home. The voice actor of Goku in the Latin American dub has said that due to Covid he is recording from his house. If they do record the movie from their houses then most likely the sound quality is gonna be bad.

The Brazilian Portuguese and German trailers suffer from the same issue as well.
Ah, that explains some. I don't blame them for wanting to stay safe, and I can take some bad quality audio, but the direction is what I'm worried about. The tones and inflections and all rhat. Like BOG had some moments where Mario Castañeda had very lousy readings, especially in the King Kai section of the movie

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:44 pm

Pre sale has started. Just a heads up. Tickets are on sale in the USA! It seems to a full theatrical release on a bunch of screens in dubbed and subbed. Plus it is available in IMAX too.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:18 am

TheRed259 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:34 pm New confirmed countries:
Number of confirmed countries so far: 107

Iceland never had any Dragon Ball in any format so this is weird.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:53 am

In the 2022dbs-global website, in the tickets section when you search for Bulgaria, Denmark and Slovakia it does give you a release date for them but the theaters listed below are wrong since they belong to other countries. The map is wrong as well.

https://www.2022dbs-global.com/tickets

So before putting them in the list, I will wait for an official confirmation from the movie theaters of these countries. Also, if you search for some countries from that Italian press release it does give you the same dates, so it's correct. For example when you search for Turkey it does say September 16.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:00 am

TheRed259 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:53 am In the 2022dbs-global website, in the tickets section when you search for Bulgaria, Denmark and Slovakia it does give you a release date for them but the theaters listed below are wrong since they belong to other countries. The map is wrong as well.

https://www.2022dbs-global.com/tickets

So before putting them in the list, I will wait for an official confirmation from the movie theaters of these countries. Also, if you search for some countries from that Italian press release it does give you the same dates, so it's correct. For example when you search for Turkey it does say September 16.
You didn't mention Norway - it says when I type in Norway that the movie will be out on August the 19th. Surprisingly there is not mention of Sweden.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:04 am

sangofe wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:00 amYou didn't mention Norway - it says when I type in Norway that the movie will be out on August the 19th. Surprisingly there is not mention of Sweden.
Also, when I type France it doesn't give any release date even though it has been confirmed by both Crunchyroll and Sony Pictures France. So this could be an official site but it's not to be trusted 100%.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:05 am

So Super Hero has almost the same amount of countries as Broly.

Do you know what the differences are? What countries was Broly released in that Super Hero hasn't been announced for yet? China? Russia?

Likewise has Super Hero been announced to release in any countries that Broly never did?

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:48 pm

I got a confirmation it'll be shown in Norway :
Takk for din henvendelse.
Vi kommer til å vise den filmen på våre kinoer ja.
Billetter kommer til å bli sluppet i løpet av de neste ukene. Vi har foreløpig ikke satt en eksakt dato for billettslipp, men dersom du følger med på nettsiden vår vil filmen legges ut under "kommende filmer" så fort vi har noe mer informasjon.

Ønsker deg en fin dag videre!
Med vennlig hilsen

Sunniva

Nordisk Film Kino

Nedre gate 7 | 0551 Oslo | Norway

Tlf: +47 99 43 20 00

post@nfkino.no | www.nfkino.no

Org. nr 979 488 203 MVA
EGMONT
Xeno Goku Black wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:05 am So Super Hero has almost the same amount of countries as Broly.

Do you know what the differences are? What countries was Broly released in that Super Hero hasn't been announced for yet? China? Russia?

Likewise has Super Hero been announced to release in any countries that Broly never did?
It's the first time Norway gets any Dragon Ball shown in any media officially.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:16 pm

I added Belgium and Northern Mariana Islands to the list. There are other countries from the 2022dbs-global website that will be added to the list as well once their movie theaters make the announcement. Also, more and more countries from that Italian press release are getting a confirmation from their movie theaters. More details in the first post.

It seems that DBS: Super Hero will be released in more countries than DBS: Broly.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:57 pm

Hong Kong trailer is out!

https://youtu.be/2Ao7Cb3KMRg
The world is your's.

Yalos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yalos » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:50 am

Just wanted to say that Saudi Arabia is listed twice on the post.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:23 pm

tinlunlau wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:57 pm Hong Kong trailer is out!

Thanks! Do you know if the movie is going to be released in China as well?
Yalos wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:50 am Just wanted to say that Saudi Arabia is listed twice on the post.
Thanks for the correction!

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:15 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:23 pm

Yalos wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:50 am Just wanted to say that Saudi Arabia is listed twice on the post.
No word on China yet.
The world is your's.

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:53 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:05 am Likewise has Super Hero been announced to release in any countries that Broly never did?
Romania, for one, is one of these countries. I doubt it's the only country in this case and I'm glad we are starting to get anime movies shown in cinemas here.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:05 am

Super hero is showing up in coming movies in several cities in Norway. Here are just some that are not Oslo.

https://www.nfkino.no/film/dragon-ball- ... y=tonsberg

https://www.nfkino.no/film/dragon-ball- ... ity=horten

https://www.nfkino.no/film/dragon-ball- ... ty=drammen

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:22 am

https://press.sfstudios.no/line-up/cinema/list/page

Pardon the double post. I can't edit my previous post.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:28 am

tinlunlau wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:15 pm
TheRed259 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:23 pm

No word on China yet.
Resurrection F was released in China about a year after most countries, Super Broly was only a few months, but Super Hero's rollout has been lagging so it probably won't be released there until early next year.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: