Couldn't the Z-Warriors use the Super Dragon Balls to help Trunks?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lionel
I Live Here

Couldn't the Z-Warriors use the Super Dragon Balls to help Trunks?

Post by Lionel » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:18 pm

We understand that Zeno erased the timeline that Future Trunks hails from which Goku nor anyone else wanted. With what the Super Dragon Balls have been proven to be capable of, couldn't they be used to restore the timeline to a point before Goku Black appeared? It would ease the burden the other future timeline has for accommodating two Trunks' and Mais.

One other question -- was it explained what became of the Zamasus from the Cell and unseen fourth timelines? We know of the immortal Zamasu, the one from Trunks' multiverse, and the one from the original unaltered timeline (who became Goku Black) of the present were destroyed/erased along with the main timeline's iteration (was destroyed by Beerus before he could put his agenda into motion), but that still leaves two Kaioshin renegades unaccounted for.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Couldn't the Z-Warriors use the Super Dragon Balls to help Trunks?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:55 pm

The fact that there are multiple sets of Super Dragon Balls for each timeline heavily implies/downright confirms that the Super Dragon Balls are not above time. Which means that Super Shenron (the Divine Dragon of the Gods), when asked to restore the Future timeline to a point before Goku Black invaded, would simply reply with "That wish is beyond my capabilities because I cannot affect other timelines".

You could make the same argument for Zeno actually, since there is a Present Zeno and a Future Zeno. Despite being called "King of All", the fact that he too bends to the rules of time (the rules that state there must be a "version" of X for each timeline), would imply that even he is not above time.

As for the second question, it is shown with Future Zamasu, that Zamasu would have never put the plan (Project Zero Mortals) in action if he wasn't challenged by Goku. As that Zamasu was pushed into action by Goku Black, a version of Zamasu that was challenged by Goku. So what this means basically is that if Goku never met Zamasu, Zamasu would just carry on with his training and eventually become Supreme Kai. He'd still "lament" and be "despaired" by the existence of mortals, but he'd "lack the will to act" (which are the exact words verbatim that Future Zamasu used, to explain how it was Goku Black who convinced him to act...). Future Zamasu too would have gone down that path, if a time "anomaly/paradox" didn't result in Goku Black going to his timeline and teaming up with him.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:33 am

Until we learn otherwise, they can do anything--that's their whole gimmick--so I believe, yes, they could.

They're exceedingly difficult to gather for anyone who isn't one of the highest ranking gods though, being planet-sized and spread across two universes and all.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:45 pm

Yes.

The characters didn't think to do it though. I can understand why they kept the setting limited to what it was.

A saga where there's traveling throughout the universe and multiverse seems like it requires a lot of world building and interaction with the multiverse cast. They hadn't developed the other universes yet.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:06 pm

Yes, though it'd depend on what help could be provided.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:20 pm

The Super Dragon Balls were inactive at the time from their usage in the Tournament of Destroyers. And going by the anime, undoing Zeno's destruction was only allowed because he wanted to, so challenging him here is probably not a good idea. I don't think Beerus would let Goku gather the Super DBs.

As for the other Zamasus. Cell and the unseen timelines are future ones without Trunks, so they'll just be like Future Zamasu before meeting Goku Black, living their days drinking tea with Gowasu.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:03 pm

Tampering with time like that is forbidden and would probably get them into trouble with Zeno and the Grand Priest, especially if they brought back a timeline Zeno erased

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:39 pm

They could probably only do it if Shin agreed to help teleport the balls and speak the god language. Would be interesting to see how a timeline would develop without any gods of destruction or angels in any universes. And no Zeno!
Cipher wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:33 am Until we learn otherwise, they can do anything--that's their whole gimmick--so I believe, yes, they could.
I do think it should be said that they failed to protect Zamasu from being erased. I guess your mileage may vary on if you think a wish for immortality should protect from something that for all intents and purposes is death, but probably isn't in a technical sense. I wonder what would happen if someone wished to be immune to erasure.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:27 pm

They can only be used once a year in cosmic time, and they just used them for the U7vsU6 arc.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/