Mishandling of the Multiverse

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Mishandling of the Multiverse

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu May 12, 2022 10:10 am

Man Super is only running on "creative fumes" cause the ones in charge refuse to let somebody other than Toriyama have final say in where the story should go. i mean there is still 4 other universes that have yet to be explored, plus the Demon realm, plus we still know very little about the heavenly realm, angels etc.

Skar
I Live Here

Re: Mishandling of the Multiverse

Post by Skar » Thu May 12, 2022 10:55 am

Goku9001 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:53 pmWell, my point moreso is that Goku still has challengers out there that can fight him so as long as that is the case, I don't really see Goku abandoning his training with Whis just to mentor Oob. Goku has already undergone a mentorship relationship with Broly and his lifestyle still hasn't changed. If the intention is to end the series with EoZ, then I don't think we are that point yet. Once Goku surpasses Beerus, I can envision him pursuing Oob like you suggested provided there is something special about Oob. I just don't think we are nearing that point yet. Beerus is still seen as an immovable roadblock for Goku and Vegeta.
Yeah that's true. I meant it would be after Goku finishes his training with Whis since Whis might not have anything left to teach Goku once he fully masters UI. U think he's slowly getting there. It's similar to SSJ1 because he worked to learn how to transform at will first then fully master it a few years later.

I think Goku might also be close to surpassing Beerus. The ToP implied he did surpass Beerus since UI was a technique no GoD could achieve but it looks like they backtracked to keep it going a little longer. I'd say Goku is at least stronger than some of the GoDs. If Beerus is a 10, maybe UI Goku is a 9?