The moro arc if I was to write it

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

The moro arc if I was to write it

Post by Geraldo » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:26 am

The moro arc was surely long (starting at October of 2018 and ending at December 2020); despite all of this time this arc was short on the delivery department and felt like something a fan who is not that creative would come up with (it was basically an amalgam of King Piccolo and the Androids/Cell Sagas with a cameo to Frieza's first transformation). It's ironic that moro is not only a moloch (bad idea of religion that needs life sacrifices of people and children, on itself) spoof, but also a DB characters one.

I do believe that the following additions would have made the arc a better one:

1. Honestly, if I was able to keep Cranberry around and have him fight Chiaotzu instead of teaming him with Tien against the Metalman, I would. Cranberry can be recognized by SSJ Vegeta while he steps on his spaceship's window, as one of the weaklings Raditz was friends with, and whom Nappa bullied (I do believe that the Ginyu Force used to bully the leftover Saiyans).

2. moro CAN NOT sense the Dragon Balls, that's what bought Vegeta and Goku time to fight him again. he just flew at the direction of the gatherings of the Namekians' ki.

3. Also, I did not forget Soba and the Yakis, the animals he uses, from Goku's training on Yardrat on "Dragon Ball Z: Sagas"; but they're off the table for Toriyama, I guess.. I would use them for Vegeta's training and will explain that the Dragon Ball Online Yardrats are mutants that were created because a meteor hit Yardrat 3,000 years ago and caused any Yardrat who touched it to mutate.
There can be a scene of the damage the Ginyu Force caused on Yardrat before they were called to Namek.

4. Chapter after the given Chapter 54: "moro's past" (as he was clearly lacking [a proper] one)

5. The next chapter: "Earth's Defenders Prepare!"

6. Goku returns to Earth with Jiya's guidance from afar. As he doesn't know how to fly Merus' spaceship, he manages to call the Galactic Patrol HQ where only Jiya is there to protect the Galactic King, and he tells him what to do. At this time, Cranberry leads a gang of the Salza-looking prisoner, the monkey prisoner and the dog prisoner from the end of Chapter 50 and tries his best to rob King Fury's palace, but is stopped and face off Chiaotzu for a death match after he knocked the three mooks out. Tien fights 2 mooks before facing the Metal Man he defeats with insults. Yamcha starts to win against Zauyogi, but the lizard who was empowered by moro shows off his natural ability to shed his damaged skin and to repay his opponent like Gyasa did on "Shinzo". Once Tien and Chiaotzu defeat their opponents, they fly to help Yamcha.

7. Chapter afterwards: "Earth's Last Stand! Where's Goku??"

8. Turns out the greedy goat was collecting goods via lying to his henchmen because he opted to bribe the councilmen of the Demon Realm to be appointed king.

9. Have moro steal the ki he gave all his defeated convicts who are still in the Milky Way and use it to push his ki further up while fighting UI Sign Goku before Vegeta shows up.

10. Vegeta manages to defeat moro who in return flies up to his ship, tells Shimorekka to wait for him in the cockpit and extract the ki he gave 7-3 to copy before landing on Earth. Now moro is back at his youth and prime permenently. As he has no use of 7-3 at the moment, he tosses him down the chimney to Shimorekka.

11. End of Moro
12. The Granolah Arc begins with Goichi's scouts find the dying Shimorekka with 7-3 flying near one of their bases and from there the story evolves...

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Re: The moro arc if I was to write it

Post by Geraldo » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:57 am

Perhaps it will be more fitting in the 'fan works' section of this forum, rather than in the Dragon Ball Super section. :twisted: