Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero Box Office Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero Box Office Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:05 am

Finally it crossed the 2 billion mark.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:18 pm

Actual - ¥2,090,908,010 / 1,540,000 admissions

So with Monday then yeah it's above ¥2.1 billion now. No word on the actual weekend figure yet but yeah it means it made ¥187 million over the 7 days.

Coming up next is its venture into the Dragon Ball top 10, it's currently 12th. Fusion Reborn did ¥2.16 billion so it'll pass that shortly and then Lord Slug at ¥2.21 billion and Bojack Unbound at ¥2.23 billion are gonna be close. Once it passes those three it'll rank 9th.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:50 am

Tuesday did 61.2% of last week, about ¥7.5 million. So the first day it's gone under ¥10 million.

Total should be about ¥2.11 billion.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:37 am

Wednesday did about 63.7% of last week. About ¥11 million.

Total about ¥2.12 billion.

kemuri07
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kemuri07 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:18 pm

You mean to tell me this movie did well because it’s Dragon Ball.

I am shocked

Shocked.

Well, not that shocked.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:09 am

Thursday did about ¥7 million so between ¥2.12-2.13 billion.

Now I'm not really sure what's going to happen from this point forward.

Starting tomorrow in Japan it's summer vacation. The kids are off school until September. So on the one hand that could help Super Hero some and would generally boost the weekdays up.

However on the other hand and I can't say for sure but it's most probably going to lose a huge amount of showings and maybe theatres starting tomorrow aswell. Minions is coming out which is a big animated movie that'll probably be taking a lot away from it.

By Monday it'll be clear enough.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:34 pm

Yeah Friday was down significantly from last Friday, only did 45% of the ticket sales. Though near everything was down by the same margin. That's like ¥5.5 million, was ranked 13th.

Whether it picks up over the weekend again we will see but it's surely gonna drop a fair bit more than the past couple weekends.

I've got it at like ¥2.135 billion right now. Might get to like ¥2.2 billion after the weekend.

These are the DBZ movies above it right now.

Bojack Unbound - ¥2.23 billion
Lord Slug - ¥2.21 billion
Fusion Reborn - ¥2.16 billion

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:41 am

Movie had a big week over drop, ticket sales down by 61%. Everything dropped big this week though.

Saturday maybe at ¥21 million for about ¥2.155 billion.

At this rate the weekend may not even hit ¥50 million. So it could well be a slow crawl from here on.

Or you never know maybe the weekend has took a bigger hit because there is a holiday now and the weekdays will be higher than usual.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:22 pm

The gross posted earlier, may be an incomplete one. The site reporting the ticket sales as issued that there's been an error, I'm not sure what it's meant to be exactly but maybe some kind of tracking error when it comes to the Aeon theatre chain. So it could have done better than what it's saying but how much better, I have no idea.
TheRed259 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:52 pm Are you planning to keep track of the worldwide numbers as well?
For sure I'll try and track every country where possible. I've got a bunch of sites for it that has different information for different countries.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:14 am

So as said yesterday, the usual site Mimorin is having some tracking problem but it's actually been as of the 12th which was the Tuesday. It's all quite confusing and Japanese but it appears like the usual 270 theatres that most movies are being a tracked in has now become around 170 instead.

I had said that Monday did 85% the previous Monday and then Tuesday did 61% the previous Tuesday so that may explain it.

Apparently this issue isn't going to be fixed for a bit so it is gonna make estimating things more difficult.

Sunday did see a big 40.5% increase over Saturday so that's good.

That should at least make for a weekend of ¥51 million and like ¥2.185 billion but as I said, this is based on the numbers being incomplete for the past 6 days so who can say what it really is. We'll know tomorrow though.

Edit: Rough guess ¥2.22 billion.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:56 am

There won't be any actual today after all because today has been a national holiday in Japan.

As such Monday went and did even better than Saturday. It did 93.5% of Sunday actually.

Should be ¥28 million based on incomplete numbers. Up to like ¥40 million.

At a minimum it should be at about ¥2.21 billion. At most probably ¥2.27 billion.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:29 am

Box Office actual as of Sunday

¥2,213,938,740

No actual for the weekend yet so can't make a good breakdown for Monday but with the holiday yesterday it's probably around ¥2.25 billion.

Tuesday could be like ¥6-7 million.

Also I can't tell because it's in Japanese and the Google translate is a bit dodgy but there's something about from July 23rd they're giving away 200,000 game cards? I'm guessing that's another promotional give away involving Super Dragon Ball Heroes?

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:01 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:29 am Box Office actual as of Sunday

¥2,213,938,740

No actual for the weekend yet so can't make a good breakdown for Monday but with the holiday yesterday it's probably around ¥2.25 billion.

Tuesday could be like ¥6-7 million.

Also I can't tell because it's in Japanese and the Google translate is a bit dodgy but there's something about from July 23rd they're giving away 200,000 game cards? I'm guessing that's another promotional give away involving Super Dragon Ball Heroes?
The next promo item is a Gohan Beast and Orange Piccolo SDBH card. They're really pushing for that ¥2.5 billion yen aren't they?

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:41 pm

The weekend gross was ¥72.4 million. That's down 40% from last weekend which is fine.

Taroi has given an estimate as of the 20th (Wednesday) that the movie is at ¥2.263 billion. Wednesday did 67% of last Wednesday. Should be passing ¥2.3 billion by the weekend. We'll see if the giveaway has any effect.

The first Broly movie is the next one for it to surpass which made ¥2.33 billion.
Sora Saiyan wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:01 amThe next promo item is a Gohan Beast and Orange Piccolo SDBH card. They're really pushing for that ¥2.5 billion yen aren't they?
I saw an image of the card earlier, I figured that's what it was going to be.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:43 am

Thursday did practically the same as last Thursday, no drop at all. Not sure why, there was another that didn't drop but otherwise the rest did.

So about ¥8.5 million. Total between ¥2.27-2.28 billion.

After a much weaker start for Super Hero it is now outperforming all other movies at the same point in time.

After weekend 6, Battle of Gods only made another ¥115 million, Resurrection F ¥210 million and Broly ¥248 million.

Super Hero could well surpass this.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:58 pm

Friday was up 13% over last Friday. About ¥8 million again.

Total I'll just say about ¥2.28 billion.

We'll see how this weekend does. As I said apparently a SDBH card giveaway is starting from tomorrow. Hopefully it keeps the drop light.

This could also be the last weekend with the movie in the Top 10. It was ranked #14 on Friday so it may not get in at all and I think once it's not in the Top 10 it becomes hard to get the figures.

It's really its last bit of freedom because the weekend after that Jurassic World comes out and then the weekend after that One Piece Red is out and by then most of Super Heroes theatres will be taken from it.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:46 pm

Saturday did 67% of last Saturday. That should be about ¥20 million though it's still quite hard to say still because of the issues with the site. It could make for a weekend of say ¥45-50 million.

Could be around ¥2.3 billion now.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:26 am

Sunday dropped by half of what it was last Sunday, only up 6% from yesterday.

The weekend as a whole looks to be down 42%. That would be about ¥41 million at that rate. It may have done a bit better than that but it surely won't be above ¥50 million.

Makes me question if there actually was a giveaway this weekend or not.

Total could be around ¥2.32 billion. It's gonna be pretty close to Movie 8's ¥2.33 billion.

TheSonofKakarrot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheSonofKakarrot » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:35 pm

Sorry been trying to keep up with the numbers.

Has this movie been a flop or has it done decent numbers? Not expecting it to outperform Broly or Battle of Gods but hoping it passed RoF