Crunchyroll releasing "Dragon Ball Super Complete Series Limited Edition Blu-ray"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Crunchyroll releasing "Dragon Ball Super Complete Series Limited Edition Blu-ray"

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:14 pm

Dragon Ball Super: Complete Series Limited Edition Blu-ray contains episodes 1-131 of the anime directed by Ryota Nakamura, collected in 10 Blu-ray volumes and housed in limited edition Steelbook cases.

PREORDER: https://www.rightstufanime.com/Drago...elbook-Blu-ray

Personally, while I prefer the packaging of Manga UK's Complete Series boxset and the extras like art cards, posters and the booklet, I do think for anyone that likes steelbooks or wants to get Super cheap enough in North America this looks like a good option.

It's being released on September 20th, pre-order price is $149.99.

Going by the blurry images on Rightstuff I also think it's nice there is new disc art, and Crunchyroll aren't recycling the same covers from the Parts released thus far.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Crunchyroll releasing "Dragon Ball Super Complete Series Limited Edition Blu-ray"

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:48 pm

Guess they won't do seasons sets.

I better start getting the parts now.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Re: Crunchyroll releasing "Dragon Ball Super Complete Series Limited Edition Blu-ray"

Post by DemonRin » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:47 am

I've been waiting for a cheaper re-release and this is WAY cheaper overall. (All 10 parts at MSRP is like, $400+) so this is an instant buy for me.
ZombieVito wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:48 pm Guess they won't do seasons sets.

Not necessarily. There's precedent to do one big "Limited Edition" release and then dole out the content from that LE release onto smaller less expensive sets.

That's how they did the 4:3 DBZ Blu-rays.

It got that deluxe limited edition that was genuinely limited to only so many copies and if enough people didn't Preorder it it wouldn't get made yada yada.

Now the version of the show released in those sets got smaller individual releases in the form of those "Steelbooks".

I'd be willing to bet the same happens here.
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:53 pm

I see an emerging trend with the outline of Shenron covering a whole side of the box. Manga UK's Complete Series box set did something similar but on the back.

Honestly for anyone who has the Z 30th anniversary set this will look nice alongside it.

Loving the disc art. Big improvement from the more generic disc art we've seen thus far for Super.
ZombieVito wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:48 pm Guess they won't do seasons sets.

I'm surprised Funimation never did Seasons for Super. Its what they typically did with a lot of their long running shows. I don't know if it will happen now. This set is cheaper than 5 seasons of Super will be. I think it's more likely there will be Collections like what Madman put out for the Australian market.

Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:46 pm

For anyone whose interested getting this cheaper, Crunchyroll's website has a promo code CRSTORE that knocks it down to $135 after taxes and free shipping. :o

https://store.crunchyroll.com/products/ ... ed-edition
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:33 pm

It's getting a UK release.

Will also available from HMV.

MuscleRobo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MuscleRobo » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:59 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:53 pm I'm surprised Funimation never did Seasons for Super ...
They never did a season 1 box set of Demon Slayer; they are still printing and stocking half seasons for it pretty regularly at large retailers and online. They must think for popular titles people will pay out eventually?

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:05 am

CashmanX wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:46 pm For anyone whose interested getting this cheaper, Crunchyroll's website has a promo code CRSTORE that knocks it down to $135 after taxes and free shipping. :o

https://store.crunchyroll.com/products/ ... ed-edition
If you have a premium account you can knock off a couple extra bucks on top of that, making it $127.50.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube