Does Yamcha's last chance of getting married is by getting fixed with a Saiyan female?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Does Yamcha's last chance of getting married is by getting fixed with a Saiyan female?

Post by Geraldo » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:42 am

Considering how Dragon Ball seems to be, is this Yamcha's option for starting a family of his own?

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Does Yamcha's last chance of getting married is by getting fixed with a Saiyan female?

Post by TobyS » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:39 am

Geraldo wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:42 am Considering how Dragon Ball seems to be, is this Yamcha's option for starting a family of his own?
I always thought it would be funny if Yamcha ended up with a woman who was the strongest character in DB also.

Like if Angels weren't Aromantic if he eneded up with Vados or 21 or something.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Re: Does Yamcha's last chance of getting married is by getting fixed with a Saiyan female?

Post by Extreme_kai » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:37 am

I don't think every character needs to get married or hook up with someone, but If he does, it will probably be some random human woman with not much thought put into her personality. Like 17's wife, she will be an afterthought.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:15 pm

Why a Saiyan female? Why not an ordinary Earth woman, or maybe someone builds an android for him?

But I feel for Yamcha, and hope he finds happiness.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:39 am

Yamacha marrying the last female saiyan would have been intreasting character development for himself, Vegeta snd maybe even Bulma a few years back, but now I feel that ship has sailed.

Him and Tights would also be intreasting.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:18 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:39 amHim and Tights would also be intreasting.
That would be interesting and more fitting IMO. Getting with the sister of your ex sounds like a karma move on Bulma from Yamcha.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:44 pm

If sky is the limit, maybe Yamcha can have a relationship with Vados. That would be unexpected.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:33 am

Toriyama has established Yamcha as a player. Maybe he prefers to be single. I wouldn't mind him getting married - to a Saiyan or anyone else - but not every character needs a traditional marriage. For example, Bulma's parents are swingers. If we get new story content from Toriyama that takes place after the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai, maybe that older version of Yamcha will end up marrying a much younger woman...

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:05 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:18 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:39 amHim and Tights would also be intreasting.
That would be interesting and more fitting IMO. Getting with the sister of your ex sounds like a karma move on Bulma from Yamcha.
The amount of jokes that can be made of that scenario is staggering lol. I wouldn't be totally against this.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Geraldo » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:43 am

I have got two possible scenarios in mind:

1) There's a saga taking place on some far away planet, where in an icy terrain a Saiyan female is to be found frozen solid. It turns out she was sent to conquer the planet back when King Cold was in throne but fate took an unwanted path and she was cariogenically kept without aging much. Yamcha finds her, and convinces Capsule Corp. to unfreeze her. From then on, a love story begins.

2) Have a female Saiyan invading the Earth in Turles' place with her (originally, his) gang to plant the Tree of Might with only Yamcha to face them and you've got it all done.

Regardless: Perhaps, the ones in charge can have a good laugh at Vegeta's bloodline and have them giving birth to one of Vegeta Jr.'s ancestors. :lol:

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:25 am

TobyS wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:39 am
Geraldo wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:42 am Considering how Dragon Ball seems to be, is this Yamcha's option for starting a family of his own?
I always thought it would be funny if Yamcha ended up with a woman who was the strongest character in DB also.

How do we know angels are aromantic

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:18 am

Aim wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:25 am

Toriyama nixed toyos idea that marcarita and Belmod would be portrayed a little but couply and physically involved.

Given they aren't major characters I assume it's because he doesn't want angels dating at all
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:29 am

I don't think Yamcha needs to get married at all if he doesn't want to. Of course, Yamcha is not a real person and can be made to feel anyway a creator wants to.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:58 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:05 pm
DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:18 pm
The amount of jokes that can be made of that scenario is staggering lol. I wouldn't be totally against this.
Bonus points if he never once realizes she's her sister until she invites him to meet her family.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:08 am

TobyS wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:18 am
Aim wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:25 am

Toriyama nixed toyos idea that marcarita and Belmod would be portrayed a little but couply and physically involved.

Given they aren't major characters I assume it's because he doesn't want angels dating at all
Oh, doesn’t mean they are aromantic right?, it’s more so the story doesn’t call for it