UK Screenings for Dragon Ball Super : Super Hero

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

UK Screenings for Dragon Ball Super : Super Hero

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:43 am

The movie is now opening at numerous theatres throughout England, Wales and Scotland. No news on Ireland or Northern Ireland yet, but hopefully soon. Details for subbed screenings can be found here or for dub screenings it's here.

Due to be released August 17th.

Locations
Last edited by Dragon Ball Ireland on Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: UK Screenings for Dragon Ball Super : Super Hero

Post by TobyS » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:57 am

I live in Portugal now but saw it in Norwich before.

The sub screening I saw was super empty I get the impression more people were going to see dubbed.

But maybe it generally didn't do well enough to warrant picking this up.

Apparently you can actually request screenings of certain movies at certainly cinemas you are supposed to promise to rally enough people to make it worth their while
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:28 am

From everything I've heard dubbed screenings generally far outsell subbed screenings.

Some Irish screenings (both Northern Ireland and Republic) announced, so that's me sorted.

Locations
Must say that's an impressive list of screenings. Glad to see everyone's support for Super Broly is paying off, even countries that never had any Dragon Ball like Iceland and Latvia are getting the movie.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Ten na nGael

Post by Ten na nGael » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:12 pm

I'm surprised actually at some of the places that got it. I'd have expected more places in the Dublin commuter belt. Seems whether it's sub or dub depends on the cinema company.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:12 am

Ten na nGael wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:12 pm I'm surprised actually at some of the places that got it. I'd have expected more places in the Dublin commuter belt. Seems whether it's sub or dub depends on the cinema company.
Yeah, I remember Super Broly was screened in Limerick, Cork and Galway, which aren't as big as Dublin, but are large urban areas by Ireland's standards. I can't speak for other places it was shown in, but I did go to a subbed Super Broly screening in Dublin, which was in a major chain (Vue), that was nice as I would have thought arthouse cinemas would be more likely to take a chance with a sub viewing so I'd hope Super Hero gets the same treatment.

It's surprising Cork wasn't announced initially, but Killarney and Tralee were though. Other country towns like Roscommon, Longford, Charlestown and Ashbourne were interesting additions as I didn't think there would be a demand in them.

I'm living in Sligo now, so it was a pleasant surprise to see that announced, really looking forward to seeing it there.

Also seen, there's now screenings announced for Arklow, Carlow, Cork (Mahon Point), Monaghan, Wexford and Waterford. So now Super Hero is playing in all corners of the country, I hope it does well as I'd like to see this wide an Irish theatrical run for future movies.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:59 am

Just checked IMC, Super Hero is screening in a couple more theatres throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland. Dun Laoghaire and Santry are not surprising because they are in Dublin, but it's also screening in Ballina, Ballymena, Clonmel, Enniskillen, Kilkenny, Mullingar, Newtownards, Oranmore, Thurles and Tullamore. There's also a screening in Castlebar, which has an independent venue (Mayo Movie World). Odeon also has listings for Naas, Newbridge and Stillorgan, which are all in and around Dublin. Cavan, which is a bit further out also has a screening. Century Cinema in Donegal is also getting it. It's a shame this movie is getting such a wide Irish release, and it's probably going to bomb in the vast majority of venues because of how poorly it was promoted.

Ten na nGael

Post by Ten na nGael » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:23 pm

People I've talked to at a few cinemas have said it's doing reasonably well. It was booked out a few nights in cinemas in the Dublin commuter belt.
That's Dub though. Sub is doing badly as it always does for anime here.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:07 pm

Ten na nGael wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:23 pm People I've talked to at a few cinemas have said it's doing reasonably well. It was booked out a few nights in cinemas in the Dublin commuter belt.
That's Dub though. Sub is doing badly as it always does for anime here.
That's great. I remember going to both Resurrection F and Super Broly in Dublin, the latter being smack bang in the city centre but both were packed screenings. I haven't checked what attendance was like for Dublin this time, but I'd imagine it was decent considering how densely populated it is.

I had planned to see Super Hero in Ballina (which is close to where I live now) last week, I seen from the IMC booking page last weekend there was no one at the screenings other than one person on Sunday. Sligo got a greater turnout from what I could tell, with a few seats pre-booked.

Unfortunately due to certain setbacks in my life I've been unable to attend either of these screenings, but all going good I will be seeing Super Hero in Castlebar tomorrow. Excited either way as Dragon Ball movies are always fun to watch on the big screen.

I'm not even sure if this screening will be dubbed or subbed, but I don't mind because I love both versions. I'm particularly excited to watch Super Hero subbed to see how Nozawa handles a certain Gohan scene.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:18 am

Super Hero appears to be wrapping up in both Sligo and Castlebar today with no more screenings listed from tomorrow on.

I see that Liffey Valley in Dublin still have a dubbed screening on Monday (Sept 5th) at 21:50. This isn't surprising because I remember they were showing Super Broly longer than other theatres, they're also quite central, shame it's on so late though.

I'm glad Super Hero seems to have gotten at least 2 weeks nationwide, its a step down from Super Broly's 3 week run, but realistically given the lackluster promotion this is probably the best that could have been expected.

Did you get a chance to see it Ten na nGael?

Ten na nGael

Post by Ten na nGael » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:21 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:18 am Did you get a chance to see it Ten na nGael?
Yes I did! I saw the Sub on my own and the Dub with my children. In both cases the theater was pretty empty. How was it in Sligo or Mayo?

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:44 am

Ten na nGael wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:21 am
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:18 am Did you get a chance to see it Ten na nGael?
Yes I did! I saw the Sub on my own and the Dub with my children. In both cases the theater was pretty empty. How was it in Sligo or Mayo?
Very nice, many a Dragon Ball fan's dream is to share the series with their children. I'm hoping one day that will be me.

I saw it in Castlebar dubbed, just took whatever screening they had, and I work in Castlebar so it was convenient. I was the only person in the theatre, which wasn't surprising, I don't think as many people know about Dragon Ball over here as they do in Dublin.

Really want to watch it subbed too, especially for Nozawa performing a certain Gohan scene at the end you can probably guess. I know it's playing in Salthill tomorrow but I haven't had the time to go see it in the cinema again so will probably wait for the Blu-Ray.