Would you watch Battle of Gods, Resurrection 'F' and Broly in the movie theaters again?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Would you watch Battle of Gods, Resurrection 'F' and Broly in the movie theaters again?

Post by TheRed259 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:27 pm

I have noticed that some countries in Europe have shown or are still showing these 3 movies. So would you watch once more Battle of Gods, Resurrection 'F' and Broly in the movie theaters if they released them again in your country?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Would you watch Battle of Gods, Resurrection 'F' and Broly in the movie theaters again?

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:43 pm

I never saw them in theaters due to the only available released in the United States being the English dub but I think it would be interesting to see them on the big screen in Japanese in about four hundred twenty years when the pandemic finally ends.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Would you watch Battle of Gods, Resurrection 'F' and Broly in the movie theaters again?

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:49 am

I would honestly be down for like a marathon screening of the previous three films that leads into Super Hero. 6 hours straight of modern DB movies in a cinema.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:58 am

No, I own the movies on home video already.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:01 pm

I think the only DB movies I'd actually care to re-watch at a movie theater would be DB Movie 3, and the first three Z films.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:33 pm

Nah but I would watch Return my Gohan and Galaxy at the Brink in theaters.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:21 am

Battle of Gods and Broly - yes, with pleasure.

Resurrection 'F' - hell no, we should all forget about this crap.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wrigglything » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:04 am

It would certainly make for a fun limited screening with fans. If I'm not mistaken, the US had screenings of some classic Dragon Ball films before, and Yugioh the Movie was also got another screening, so, you never know.
Regardless of anyone's thoughts of the movies, Resurrection F especially, I think I might attend just to see the reactions. But I don't think it should go beyond that.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:13 pm

Yeah, totally. With some friends, though, not alone, I have them on DVD at home. Even better if the event ends with SH.

Probably choose to go to the bathroom while RoF is playing.

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:22 am

I would go see them all again if there were subtitled screenings, it's bullshit that they didn't have them before.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:05 am

I wouldn't mind another viewing of BoG. Broly in Imax would be cool too. I saw it in a regular theater last time. RoF was fun the first time I saw it, the one inch punch got a huge cheer, but I'm good seeing that one just one time.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:12 am

TheRed259 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:27 pm I have noticed that some countries in Europe have shown or are still showing these 3 movies. So would you watch once more Battle of Gods, Resurrection 'F' and Broly in the movie theaters if they released them again in your country?
They never were, so yes I would.

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Geraldo » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:05 pm

Battle of Gods? Maybe, if they'd have scenes of the Human Z-Fighters trying to hold Beerus in his place before Goku shows up.

Resurrection 'F'? Only if they will have Yamcha and Chiaotzu in for the fun fights against the Frieza Force mooks.

Broly? I need some Gohan scenes to watch that again.

Money and time are irreplaceable resources.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:06 pm

I would watch all of it! It bums me out, as since I started to be fan, Dragon Ball never was broadcasting in my country, therefore never popular. It's like it doesn't exist. I have to import everything or stream (Dragon Ball is not streaming, except for Super on Crunchyroll).

I am always a bit envious and bummed out, that everyone can watch the movies in cinema (or the TV show on their local TVs) and I have to wait like year after premiere as it is released digitally.

The only time I could've saw DB in cinema was in Germany when Movie 12/13 were merged and released in cinemas as Dragon Ball Z Drachenfaust, but it was before Shengen and nobody wanted to take me there just to watch the animated kid movie in German :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

StevenPiccolo

Post by StevenPiccolo » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:04 pm

Definite no to the first two, even if it was free, even if it was subtitled, even if the theater was empty. Once in the comfort of my home is enough.

I'm sad that I didn't get to see Broly in theaters. That is probably one of two movies I desperately wish I could, if I had the chance.
S.W.A.G. = Something We sAiyans Got

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Civic » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:29 pm

I didn't get the chance to see BoG in cinemas, it didn't release where I live in that format, so I'd love to see it there. RoF and Broly I saw at the theatre and I would only rewatch Broly there once more just because of how amazing the visuals are on the big screen.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:48 pm

No.

Cinemax and Star Channel are airing them often.

Shinsa
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinsa » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:16 pm

Battle of Gods and Resurrection F no. I liked them when I first saw them with hype blinding my judgement but in my opinion they don't hold up at all.

Broly for animation alone I'd watch again with friends that didn't get to see it with me the first time.

ClutchBangstrip
Beyond Newbie

Post by ClutchBangstrip » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:32 am

I actually never saw RoF and BoG in theaters, so yes. I'd go see them.