Should OG-73i be annexed to the Frieza Force or be 'retrieved' to Goichi once the manga returns?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Should OG-73i be annexed to the Frieza Force or be 'retrieved' to Goichi once the manga returns?

Post by Geraldo » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:29 pm

Following Gas and Elec's deaths on the badly written ending of the Granolah arc, OG-73i is left somewhere in the universe (was he brought to Planet Cereal along with Elec's spaceship that the Frieza Force left unnoticed or was he left in the Heeters' homebase?); Is it better for him to become a Frieza Force tool now that Frieza can "legitimately" (I doubt Macki and Oil would voice their objection) annex the leftovers of the Heeters' organisation or for Goich to break into the Heeters' HQ and annex the leftovers for himself, including OG-73i, and use them to pull off a more sufficient evil scheme?

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Should OG-73i be annexed to the Frieza Force or be 'retrieved' to Goichi once the manga returns?

Post by TobyS » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:39 am

Yeah I don't accept your premise that the arc was bad or even ended bad and don't like the way you arrogantly snuck that detail in there as a “fact”.

But yeah I'm bit sure how they tracked 7-3 the first time. And it's odd that they wouldn't hand him over to Freeza.

Otherwise Granolah might have tracked it down and destroyed it
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Should OG-73i be annexed to the Frieza Force or be 'retrieved' to Goichi once the manga returns?

Post by capsulecorp » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:35 am

TobyS wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:39 am the way you arrogantly snuck that detail in there as a “fact”.
Thank you for calling this out. In general, I think that a lot of people tend to think its a lot more important to share their opinions about the quality of a work than it is. This might sound harsh but no one really cares if you liked or disliked a story, or character, or whatever. This is an interesting post because the fate of OG-73i is a very tantalizing mystery and I want to theorize about it... but the unnecessary "opinion" about the quality of the Granola finale just sort of makes me want to cringe and not engage.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:55 pm

I personally think that OG-73's role was finished at the start of the Granolah arc. He helped to get the ball rolling but I doubt he'll play any major role again. There were theories that he would return to Cereal and transform into some sort of "Super Baby Granolah 73" hybrid but I never put much stock into those.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:41 pm

Unless 73 (or some improved model based on his downloaded data) is the strongest in the universe as prophetised by the oracle fish.

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Geraldo » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:05 pm

The ending of the Granolah arc was awful, not just bad. I know this, and more importantly Toyotaro knows that and that's why there's the manga hiatus. I would like to get straight answers and not what u feel or "think" about my legitimate right to sound and entitlement to have an opinion. Rather than that? Talk as u can. Nobody is forcing u to discuss my threads.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:08 pm

Geraldo wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:05 pmmore importantly Toyotaro knows that and that's why there's the manga hiatus.
It's OK not to like something. You're entitled to not like something. We'd love to hear why you don't like something. Please tell us more about it and engage with your fellow fans in a constructive fashion.

But don't say things that you don't know to be true as if they are. There could be, and likely are, a million different reasons why the manga is taking a break, and I'd venture a guess that the LACKING ARTISTIC QUALITY OF THE LATEST ARC™ is not one of them.

(Alternative response: please don't be absolute weirdos when you make posts.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Geraldo » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:16 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:08 pm (Alternative response: please don't be absolute weirdos when you make posts.)
mike, I thought that ur community's number one rule was, and I quote, "don't be a dick to others".
There are ways to discuss and come to terms with others on good terms.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:21 pm

Telling members they're being weird and rude and disruptive is sometimes necessary. This isn't the "gotcha" moment you seem to think it is.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Geraldo » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:27 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:21 pm Telling members they're being weird and rude and disruptive is sometimes necessary. This isn't the "gotcha" moment you seem to think it is.
I didn't called them "weird", that's for starters. So don't claim I have, I have only said that objecting my right to pronounce myself shouldn't be allowed.

The second is I'm free to quit. I rather spend my time on platforms that understand me and do not put words I never used or context I never used as if I said so.

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:58 pm

Ok, anyway, I would love to see 73 come back into play, having him copy angel powers but never use them seems like the ultimate Chekhov's gun and, even if it never goes off, I'd expect it to be revisited, maybe in a very unexpected way. We haven't seen much of the angel realm recently and some kind of conflict there would be a great way to bring back or end DBS.

After all, the designs of Zeno and his attendants are just too cool not to see again, right?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:11 pm

capsulecorp wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:58 pm Ok, anyway, I would love to see 73 come back into play, having him copy angel powers but never use them
Wait, does 73 still have Angel powers? I thought that he kept stuff only for 30 minutes except when for he was fused with Moro.

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:18 pm

Xeogran wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:11 pm Wait, does 73 still have Angel powers? I thought that he kept stuff only for 30 minutes except when for he was fused with Moro.
I didn't think he actually activated them, so the time limit shouldn't have taken effect yet, but it's been awhile since I read it. Isn't this the whole reason the Heeters wanted him in the first place?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:24 pm

capsulecorp wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:18 pm
Xeogran wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:11 pm Wait, does 73 still have Angel powers? I thought that he kept stuff only for 30 minutes except when for he was fused with Moro.
I didn't think he actually activated them, so the time limit shouldn't have taken effect yet, but it's been awhile since I read it. Isn't this the whole reason the Heeters wanted him in the first place?
I thought that was because of his intel and not powers, otherwise they'd do something with him than just watch a replay :lol:

FatLee

Post by FatLee » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:21 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:21 pm Telling members they're being weird and rude and disruptive is sometimes necessary. This isn't the "gotcha" moment you seem to think it is.

Calling someone a "weirdo" (or name calling in general) is never necessary. As the owner or whatever of this forum, I feel you have a higher responsibility here to be the prosocial model.

I don't agree with his point/post either, but there is a difference in abuse of power and doing what's necessary - it's very clear to me which one is which. This just comes across as bullying, and that's not cool.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:46 pm

FatLee wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:21 pm

Calling someone a "weirdo" (or name calling in general) is never necessary. As the owner or whatever of this forum, I feel you have a higher responsibility here to be the prosocial model.

I don't agree with his point/post either, but there is a difference in abuse of power and doing what's necessary - it's very clear to me which one is which. This just comes across as bullying, and that's not cool.
It is weird to announce your (especially negative) opinions as facts, instead of just start a discussion in good faith. It's weird to act like that and fine for mods to point it out. They aren't abusing their power, they aren't doxing you or getting you fired from your job. They are doing you a favour by warning you that you are being weird and you might be better off not doing that.

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Geraldo » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:54 am

TobyS wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:46 pm

It is weird to announce your (especially negative) opinions as facts, instead of just start a discussion in good faith. It's weird to act like that and fine for mods to point it out. They aren't abusing their power, they aren't doxing you or getting you fired from your job. They are doing you a favour by warning you that you are being weird and you might be better off not doing that.
If I was a mod and would see such aggressive behaviour such as urs over the fact an OP just shared his feelings about an ending of a story within the franchise, u would get the necessary action to cooldown. Talking about being weird, u realize it's just a comics u three lost ur minds over, right? Sheesh. I hope that in real life none of u flips out over nothing. Lol

Also, thanks for standing up to this bullying behaviour, Lee.

Anyway, I will only reply to thread related replies from now on. I believe that my point was furnished and made clearer.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:17 am

Geraldo wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:54 am
TobyS wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:46 pm

If I was a mod and would see such aggressive behaviour such as urs over the fact an OP just shared his feelings about an ending of a story within the franchise, u would get the necessary action to cooldown. Talking about being weird, u realize it's just a comics u three lost ur minds over, right? Sheesh. I hope that in real life none of u flips out over nothing. Lol

Also, thanks for standing up to this bullying behaviour, Lee.

Anyway, I will only reply to thread related replies from now on. I believe that my point was furnished and made clearer.
Mods being like you are why most forums suck and people hate Reddit. You shoehorned your opinion as facts twice in a way anyone replying has to accept your premise or spend time pointing out what you did. This is not a normal/fun way to start a conversation.

I hate GT but you don't see me starting threads like
“given GT was awful, how happy are you that super happened”

You'd ask “for those that didn't like GT...” if you want the same opinion, or, “are you glad GT wasn't the end of the franchise or did you like it as the ending?” if you want a more open discussion.

Saying “the author knows his work sucks that's why he took a break” is rude to the artist at best or shows a grandiose “mind reading” kinda narc behaviour at worse.

I only called you out to make it clear I didn't agree with the premise before I did reply to the main question.

Don't have a persecution complex and just take the L and do better. I don't know why you are doubling down here.

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Geraldo » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:23 pm

TobyS wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:17 am Don't have a persecution complex and just take the L and do better. I don't know why you are doubling down here.
Oh, I'm not the one who "lost"/lost it. Speaking of persecution complex, I have never viewed it like anything like that. I will speak against micro-tier wannabe-dictators who wish to silence me. Let's be honest, Toyotaro was forced to shut the Granolah arc at once and I feel that what we were given was lame. Now, either u discuss the thread or get out of here. It's that simple.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:00 pm

Geraldo wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:23 pm Let's be honest, Toyotaro was forced to shut the Granolah arc at once
This is pure speculation. You do not know this to be true. There is no indication that this was the case. Fellow community members are under no obligation to accept this premise.

You are disruptive and do not present topics or opinions in a way that anyone is willing to converse with you. This is not the kind of activity that we want as part of our community.

Please note, all, that this is the final free warning that will be given in this topic regarding expected behavior.