Kai Episode 35 (6 December 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Kai Episode 35 (6 December 2009)

Post by DBZfan29 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:11 pm

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Kai episode 35, aired 6 December 2009.

悟空大逆転!?今こそいでよ超神龍!
Gokuu Dai-Gyakuten!? Ima Koso Ide yo Chou-Shenron!
A Great Turnabout for Goku?! Super Shenlong, Come Out Right Now!
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:30 pm

Yay! "Dragon Ball DS 2" commercial!!

I just finished watching the episode. I haven't been paying much attention to Kai since episode 20-something, but I have to say I liked this episode. I loved the music that played when Kuririn met up with Dende. What is it called? Is it included in the second Kai sountrack? The end of the episode was annoying to me - why'd they have to go and use that annoying death tune for when Porunga begins to appear!? Anyway, other than that, I liked the episode and it just might make me get back into actually watching...

P.S. - I feel all lonely posting here. I guess all the usuals are out in New Brunswick celebrating a certain podcast's 200th episode...
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

Jurik
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jurik » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:01 pm

This episode was really boring, but here is when the best part of the saga comes :D

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:42 pm

Is Yamamoto going to compose any more music for this series, or is it going to be the same five or six tracks on a loop? (Though, some of Kikuchi's tracks got repeated too much, too.)

I do like the piece they used when Kuririn found Dende. One of my favorite tracks, and it wasn't on the first OST.

I can't imagine there's even enough new tracks for a second one.

Also, I was shouting "MONDO COOL!" when they were in the regen tank room.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:44 pm

Pretty good episode, the music had grown on me already so I can careless about it....though playing that death theme was a bit weird since nobody died lol...yet. The redrawn scenes were better than usual which is a plus and I hope the quality of the remaster will stay like this.
penguintruth wrote:Is Yamamoto going to compose any more music for this series
I heard 2 new tracks this time, so I guess he will keep composing them. Yama isn't kikuchi but I hope he will be almost as good..

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:06 pm

penguintruth wrote:I do like the piece they used when Kuririn found Dende. One of my favorite tracks, and it wasn't on the first OST.
It's "The Braveheart's Triumphant Return" of the second OST. ^^

Anyway, my thoughts of this episode- I didn't really like the music they used when they summoned Porunga. Mostly because that particular BGM is mostly used when someone dies. I think they should've left that part with Goku's fear of needles in. :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:24 pm

I was sad the needle scene was cut. :( I always thought Goku's needle phobia was a fun twist. :mrgreen: Much like Vegeta's fear of slimy things in the Buu arc.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:06 pm

Chuquita wrote:I was sad the needle scene was cut. :( I always thought Goku's needle phobia was a fun twist. :mrgreen: Much like Vegeta's fear of slimy things in the Buu arc.
Honestly, I'm real glad to hear they cut that.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:46 am

Bura wrote:I didn't really like the music they used when they summoned Porunga. Mostly because that particular BGM is mostly used when someone dies. I think they should've left that part with Goku's fear of needles in. :lol:
I think they might have used that particular music there because, being a chorus piece and all, it sounded somewhat similar to the DBZ counterpart of the same scene, "The World Is Healed" from Tree of Might. Although yes, it fits the death scenes better.
And I too wish they had left in Goku's shot-phobia. 8)
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:19 pm

Jurik wrote:This episode was really boring, but here is when the best part of the saga comes :D
Boring it may be, but if the 720p download looks so sexy I can not wait to see the Blu-ray.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:50 am

Clever choice of music for the appearance of Polunga, using an unreleased track (also unheard until that point): REQUIEM (FOR THOSE WHO MEET THEIR END) [A Cappella Version]. The opera vocals fit the mysterious, mystical "big moment" vibe of that instant and the suppresion of the instrumental gets rid off the sad feeling, unnecessary for that scene. Nice!

Time for Freezer to enter the stage from the next episode on, tension will rise! 8)

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:33 pm

Is there any reason why there was a woman doing the endorsements at the start of the episode rather than Goku?

(yeah, I know it's a woman either way, but you know what I mean)