Kai Episode 37 (20 December 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:46 pm

B wrote:When the heck would "Saiyan Blood" be appropriate for Vegeta? It's a cool song, but I can't think of any specific moment where it would fit.
I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps while he's fighting Freeza? Before his "this fight is hopeless" state, of course. :P

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:51 pm

The scene might be like this as well, which I fear since they I want a damn unique track for this scene..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd8Cf4P_Gxk

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:48 pm

I think there's only one song ever made that is more appropriate than the song they used for that scene at the end.

FREEZA FREEZA FREEZA FREEZAAAAAAA

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Vino wrote:The scene might be like this as well, which I fear since they I want a damn unique track for this scene..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd8Cf4P_Gxk
That....isn't half bad.
Son Wukong wrote: You know which scene I think this song would combine perfectly with? Gohan’s first SSJ2 transformation.
Here's a quick mix before I go to sleep (sorry for the bad quality video).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXbqrM2YSA0

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Timo wrote:You mean like this?
Yes, yes, oh God yes!
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:31 am

B wrote:This is starting to make me wonder.

When the heck would "Saiyan Blood" be appropriate for Vegeta? It's a cool song, but I can't think of any specific moment where it would fit.
Well, if tracks from the Song Collection can extend to the cyborgs era, my best guess would when he reveals himself as a Super Saiyan for the first time! Right when he turns into Super Saiyan, the music starts, either as an instrumental or with lyrics, claiming how proud he is of his Prince of Saiyan N°1 status and how Goku should watch out for him now and how "the legend will now be me" as was translated by kenisu3000 if I'm not mistaken!

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:36 am

Did anyone notice that when Piccolo was talking to Nail that they redrew frames that they already had?

Specifically around the time when Nail is telling Piccolo that he should have merged with Kami. It's a shot of Nail talking with one eye open.

They use the original, then after Piccolo says he has no intent of merging with Kami they use the redrawn one, then later when Freeza is powering up Nail tells Piccolo that he has almost no time left and they use the original again.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:44 am

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:Did anyone notice that when Piccolo was talking to Nail that they redrew frames that they already had?

Specifically around the time when Nail is telling Piccolo that he should have merged with Kami. It's a shot of Nail talking with one eye open.

They use the original, then after Piccolo says he has no intent of merging with Kami they use the redrawn one, then later when Freeza is powering up Nail tells Piccolo that he has almost no time left and they use the original again.
Kai is such a mess...

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:Did anyone notice that when Piccolo was talking to Nail that they redrew frames that they already had?

Yeah it bothered me a bit, plus the redrawn frames didn't even move their mouths...

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:47 pm

The redrawn animation this episode looked fucking horrible. Sometimes they pull it off properly, and sometimes they fail miserably. This episode would fall into the latter :?

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:31 pm

fps_anth wrote:The redrawn animation this episode looked fucking horrible. Sometimes they pull it off properly, and sometimes they fail miserably. This episode would fall into the latter :?
Actually those were a lot better than previous ones.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Son Wukong wrote:Ah, me see. Thanks

''The day I claim eternal life is the day love especially will have abandoned the worms '' :lol:
:oops:
Ignoring my awkward phrasing there to begin with, it turns out that was a mistranslation. I didn't know at the time that the "love" kanji was part of the word "medetashi." So I've gone into that thread and fixed it. The actual line is closer to this:

"The day I claim eternal life, the worms likewise will rejoice."

Japanese archaism can be a heck of a thing to translate properly.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.