Kai Episode 43 (6 February 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Kai Episode 43 (6 February 2010)

Post by Big Momma » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:41 am

Oh wow, thanks. :shock:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:56 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
Big Momma wrote:I don't get it.
His arm is missing.
Oh, his arm is there, you just can't see it! :P

:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:16 pm

I feel like this arm situation completely validates any problem we had back in 2007 with FUNimation's cropping.

Here you have educated and casual fans, alike, tossing out pot-shots at Kai for fucking something up... when it's actually there, always been there, and just covered up by the cropping. Not only did you all notice it without having it pointed out to you by a prominent website, but you felt the need to whine about it on a message board.

Welcome to three years ago :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

GohanRez
Banned

Post by GohanRez » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:47 pm

I loved the fighting in this episode, I can't wait to see how they do Goku turning super saiya-jin. :twisted:

Undercooked Sausage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Undercooked Sausage » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:09 pm

I raged when I watched the NEP and saw that they're keeping the godawful ginyu/bulma filler, isn't Freeza fighting Goku without arms filler as well? I saw a few shots of that episode in there as well.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Undercooked Sausage wrote:...isn't Freeza fighting Goku without arms filler as well? I saw a few shots of that episode in there as well.
No, that is actually canon and not filler. At the beginning of chapter 311 Freeza says he won't fight Goku with his hands, since he's so nice and generous. However, by the end of the chapter he ends up using his right hand to punch Goku in the face after he bites his tale. The whole chapter basically has Freeza fighting without his hands.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:57 pm

It's odd, they've removed a TON of filler, the series has easily been halved.

Yet every time any filler is retained at all, people have to comment on how they're leaving "That godawful filler".

Newsflash people, some of the filler is mixed with the canon stuff, and removing it would be harder.
That being said, I kinda, KINDA Liked this Ginyu filler if only for the fact that it reminds us that Bulma is, in fact still on this planet.
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:49 am

I'm sure that, like any other filler they've kept, that they'll cut it tremendously and keep only the bare essentials of it so that it doesn't get super old super fast. A good example would be the Gohan filler from the first episode. While it wasn't mixed in with canon material, it is an example of cutting down filler to a point where it's entertaining but not too long. In Z, I rarely watch the entire first episode because of the Gohan filler. However, in Kai, I can sit and watch the Gohan filler over and over and I'm perfectly fine with it.

And that's coming from a filler-hating bigot like me! :lol:
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Soul
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Soul » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:05 am

I certainly loved how the episode flowed so well and was so faced pasted with the Fighting.
The Ginyu/Bulma thing was like a minute or two at most?

I'm definitely looking forward to see how Toei at least goes over of Goku's Super Saiyan footage.

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:44 am

Was I the only one that was REVOLTED at the sight of Kuririn's orange gi appearing out of nowhere? That shit shouldn't have been tolerated then, much less twenty or so years later, with remastered scenes! They spent all of that effort on recoloring Vegeta's palette during his first appearance early on and proceed to miss a blatant mistake like that?

.....seriously, guys?? :|
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:51 am

Oh, yeah. That. I forgot about it because it only lasted a few seconds and Krillin was a speck in the distance. So, yeah, I'm gonna tolerate it.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:16 pm

GohanRez wrote:I loved the fighting in this episode, I can't wait to see how they do Goku turning super saiya-jin. :twisted:
That scene has been ruined for me because I know that they're going to use Super Dragon Soul as an insert song, and it's already been used. ;_;

It was just out of place, and now that it was so awkwardly used last episode that means that it won't be as awesome when Goku becomes a Super Saiyan for me.

I mean, FUNimation has been the only one to use a new song for the transformation. FUNimation. When you get beat out by their DBZ dub, you know you've dropped the ball.

Super Klonoa

Post by Super Klonoa » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:11 am

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote: That scene has been ruined for me because I know that they're going to use Super Dragon Soul as an insert song, and it's already been used. ;_;

It was just out of place, and now that it was so awkwardly used last episode that means that it won't be as awesome when Goku becomes a Super Saiyan for me.

I mean, FUNimation has been the only one to use a new song for the transformation. FUNimation. When you get beat out by their DBZ dub, you know you've dropped the ball.
Yeah, I see what you mean. But, eh, I dunno. I think it'll still be awesome when they play it during the transformation, especially with the extended beginning of the song.

Or maybe I'm just addicted to the song. Seriously, I always play it as my first song of the day. lol

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:32 am

His arm is even there on the Season Three set, albeit just barely.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Soul
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Soul » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:17 am

The biggest deal with this episode, is yes the Kuririn costume issue.
Geeez man, I hope FUNi can get Toei to fix that...

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Soul wrote:The biggest deal with this episode, is yes the Kuririn costume issue.
Please don't tell me you honestly think FUNi has enough pull to demand that Toei fix a minor animation flaw. I'm pretty sure Toei would just start laughing at them. Besides, I'd think their priority would be getting some of crappy re-animated footage fixed before they asked for a Krillin fix.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:50 pm

Hujio wrote:
Soul wrote:The biggest deal with this episode, is yes the Kuririn costume issue.
Please don't tell me you honestly think FUNi has enough pull to demand that Toei fix a minor animation flaw. I'm pretty sure Toei would just start laughing at them. Besides, I'd think their priority would be getting some of crappy re-animated footage fixed before they asked for a Krillin fix.

Would FUNi be able to do that themselves? I mean, I'm not sure if it would look good, but would they be allowed to edit the frames and change it to the correct costume?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:14 pm

FUNimation isn't going to change anything. Don't ever expect them to.

I really see no reason to bother asking Toei about fixing it. They didn't do it themselves with Dragon Ball Kai in the first place so I doubt they care.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Deity
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deity » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:17 pm

When is that kuririn's gi mistake ? in altenative post a screenshot lol please because I didn't find it anywhere

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:21 pm

He's supposed to be in Saiyan uniform.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki