Kai Episode 55 (02 May 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Kai Episode 55 (02 May 2010)

Post by MCDaveG » Tue May 04, 2010 3:35 am

Yeah I forgot, those ladies or whatever retards are singing in that ending, can't sing. Geeeez, it sounds like kids from kindergarten are singing it!!!! Some Japanese can sing better at Karaoke then this one.

Where is the mail box for haters from the outside world??? I only want to support our Japanese fan comrades in their disgustment over this idol group.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

dan2026
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dan2026 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:59 am

MCDaveG wrote:Yeah I forgot, those ladies or whatever retards are singing in that ending, can't sing. Geeeez, it sounds like kids from kindergarten are singing it!!!! Some Japanese can sing better at Karaoke then this one.

Where is the mail box for haters from the outside world??? I only want to support our Japanese fan comrades in their disgustment over this idol group.
Jesus, some of you guys are overreacting.
I thought it was quite catchy and nicely upbeat.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue May 04, 2010 6:22 am

Nobody is overacting, Japanese mainstream is disgusting bullshit in these days, look on those anime series in 80's and early 90's.
I think that some of you guys like it only because it's Dragon Ball, that's all.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue May 04, 2010 8:15 am

MCDaveG wrote:Nobody is overacting, Japanese mainstream is disgusting bullshit in these days, look on those anime series in 80's and early 90's.
I think that some of you guys like it only because it's Dragon Ball, that's all.
Like I said, it's just not a memorable tune. I don't hate it, though.

Anywho, the only reason anime from the 80s and 90s are better is because:

1) They're the shows "I grew up with."

2) They were what I saw first in genres where they all turn out the same way, so anything after that just feels like the same thing with a fake mustache pretending to be new. Yes, I know that the underdog main character becomes the strongest in the end. Yes, I know the witty guy with the dark past repents/confronts it and defeats the bad guy. Yes, I know that soldiers piloting giant robots actually hate war and would rather talk about hating war instead of giving me cool action scenes. Yes, I know that the one guy in the house full of women eventually gets the main girl. Yes, I know that this crazy show is a parody of modern Japanese culture and television.

Anywho, back to Kai. I'm thinking that, with the way the past two episodes have been, this next episode may be pretty much a carbon copy of it's DBZ counterpart with some reanimated scenes. It's not a big deal to me, though. They're already way ahead of the game by cutting out all the Garlic Jr. stuff.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Tue May 04, 2010 12:20 pm

What will end point be for the next episode then, do you think? Trunks leaving, or Trunks revealing he's Vegeta and Bulma's son?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue May 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Amigo Ten wrote:What will end point be for the next episode then, do you think? Trunks leaving, or Trunks revealing he's Vegeta and Bulma's son?
Probably with Gokû landing on Earth, and then after that the reveal in #57.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue May 04, 2010 1:08 pm

Amigo Ten wrote:What will end point be for the next episode then, do you think? Trunks leaving, or Trunks revealing he's Vegeta and Bulma's son?
I'm thinking it'll almost be a carbon copy of the corresponding DBZ episode that starts right where the last Kai ended and ends with Trunks slicing Freeza in half.

Maybe he'll slice him to bits and blast him into atoms. Maybe.
(they/she)

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Tue May 04, 2010 1:19 pm

They spent a whole episode going from Trunks's arrival to him killing Freeza? That sounds ridiculous.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue May 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Amigo Ten wrote:They spent a whole episode going from Trunks's arrival to him killing Freeza? That sounds ridiculous.
They did in Z. It actually worked out pretty well. It's one of the better-paced episodes in that portion of Z.
(they/she)

dan2026
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dan2026 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:44 pm

Kendamu wrote:
I'm thinking it'll almost be a carbon copy of the corresponding DBZ episode that starts right where the last Kai ended and ends with Trunks slicing Freeza in half.

Won't happen. The preview shows him killing Cold, which he does after Freeza.

I bet the episode will end with the arrival of Son Goku. Then the one after will be the heavy exposition, ending with Trunks leaving again.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue May 04, 2010 4:00 pm

dan2026 wrote:
Kendamu wrote:

Won't happen. The preview shows him killing Cold, which he does after Freeza.

I bet the episode will end with the arrival of Son Goku. Then the one after will be the heavy exposition, ending with Trunks leaving again.
Oh, wow! See, I only saw the preview once and didn't remember everything about it. I guess he'll probably kill Freeza halfway through, then. Maybe he slices him in half before the eyecatch and then into bits and blows him away after the eyecatch.
(they/she)

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue May 04, 2010 4:35 pm

Haha, putting it at the act break would probably be for the best. That way, they might have a chance of hiding the horrendous shift in animation that takes place between those two Z episodes.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

dan2026
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dan2026 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:Haha, putting it at the act break would probably be for the best. That way, they might have a chance of hiding the horrendous shift in animation that takes place between those two Z episodes.
I'll hope some the bad bits are re-animated then.
Its been so long since I've seen 'z' I can't remember which episodes had shitty animation.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue May 04, 2010 6:07 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Probably with Gokû landing on Earth, and then after that the reveal in #57.
Oh dear god. This means half an episode of awesome animation, and half being butt ugly. :(
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Undercooked Sausage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Undercooked Sausage » Tue May 04, 2010 6:13 pm

That new ending is not horrible, and much, much better than Yeah Break! Really still disgusted with the OP/ED music choices in Kai. Dragon Soul is passable, but every vocalist sounds so J-pop shonen.

I honestly like Schemmel's vocals on the dub better than any of the Japanese Kai songs.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed May 05, 2010 7:34 am

My wish is to get Freeza blasted right before the first eye-catch, and episode will end with Goku's spacepod crashing on Earth)))) That's my prediction, I'm curious how they'll execute it.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed May 05, 2010 8:23 am

MCDaveG wrote:My wish is to get Freeza blasted right before the first eye-catch, and episode will end with Goku's spacepod crashing on Earth)))) That's my prediction, I'm curious how they'll execute it.
I figured that him being sliced in half (good animation) before the eyecatch would be a great "WTF?! He killed Freeza that easily?!?!" mid-episode cliffhanger. Then, after the commercials, continue on with that triangle crap animation.
(they/she)

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed May 05, 2010 9:51 am

Great job working on that new era of Dragon Ball (the Cell era).

- Beautiful opening logo.
- Cool update for the opening.
- Refreshing ending with high framerate for the flying clothes and hair, a gorgeous ending picture, and a One Piece-like song (not awesome, but still nice and refreshing).
- More importantly: new BGM tracks, from upcoming soundtracks, which sound absolutely astonishing. If all sound great, I agree with whoever said it in a previous post that the one when they all fly towards the landing place is absolutely wonderful! But the musics for the two spaceship sequences are great too, bringing good tension, and the music when Krilin's at Kame House sounds good. Can't wait to discover some more new tracks as we go on with the episodes (guess a new track will be used for Super Saiyan Trunks in the next episode). It only confirms that the DBZ tracks are obsolete for good (in my own opinion I mean, I don't speak for anyone else since I know the general feeling is quite the opposite).

They know how to keep good filler in Kai, as it was a very good idea to have the "half-dead Freezer recovery" at the beginning of the episode, as well as to see Vegeta and Bulma slowly getting attracted to each other (especially with what we'll learn in the next episodes). Suppressing unnecessary fillers but keeping those which are actually useful and expand upon elements unexplained in the manga is good, it fleshes out the original plot with themes that are barely touched upon in the original story. For example, I appreciate that the special bond between Gohan and Piccolo is constantly shown, even just for a few seconds, like it is in this episode. Sometimes, it brings much more emotion, tension or epic touch than in the original manga.

dan2026
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dan2026 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:04 pm

Kendamu wrote:Then, after the commercials, continue on with that triangle crap animation.
Ah so that's one of the infamous triangle-man episodes.
Its been so long since I've watched DBZ, I'd forgotten.

ohaimynameiserik
Regular

Post by ohaimynameiserik » Thu May 06, 2010 7:01 pm

Ending's not good.

While it's catchy, and I don't hate it like some people, I can totally understand when someone says that some of you only like it simply because it's Dragon Ball.

Oh God, it'll probably be dubbed too. Ehhhh.