Kai Episode 57 (16 May 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Kai Episode 57 (16 May 2010)

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun May 16, 2010 6:21 am

dan2026 wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote: The sky color of the redrawn scenes is way darker than on the original footage...
Really dude? I swear you are just coming the episodes looking for mistakes.
Huh? I was just pointing out a couple of glaring issues I noticed in this episode... :? I like Kai, if you are inferring that I am a "hater" trying to demonize it in every way possible.

It is very jarring to me when the sky is a light cyan in one scene, and then a noticeably darker, faded violet-blue in the next. At first I dismissed it as "Eh, a slight error", but then it was like that consistently throughout every redrawn scene in the episode. A couple of Namek-arc episodes had the same problem, where the sky in the old footage was consistently a lime-green, and then instantly became a darker, olive green color in the redrawn scenes.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

dan2026
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dan2026 » Sun May 16, 2010 6:30 am

Metalwario64 wrote: Huh? I was just pointing out a couple of glaring issues I noticed in this episode... :? I like Kai, if you are inferring that I am a "hater" trying to demonize it in every way possible. .
Sorry, I din't mean to infer anything that harsh.
I just find some people seem to be rather eager to search out any and all negative things they can find about Kai.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun May 16, 2010 7:28 am

Metalwario64 wrote:Image
Interesting to note Goku eyes are green but Trunks's are blue.

And did they left Trunks referring to the Artificial Humans numbers #19 and #20?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun May 16, 2010 9:23 am

Senzu_Bean wrote:
Interesting to note Goku eyes are green but Trunks's are blue.
No, they are practically the same color. I checked on my image editor and although they are not the exact color, both of them are somewhere between blue and green.

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun May 16, 2010 1:30 pm

Watched this last night, and... holy hell, the pacing was WAY too fast. o.o; I'm usually cool with a quick pace, but things just fly by here.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun May 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Hujio wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Can't wait to see the high quality version of that eyecatchers; Goku looks stunned in it. XD
You do realize that sentence doesn't make much sense, since you contradict yourself by using both a singular and plural form. "Eyecatchers" is plural, but "that" is singular. It is one reason why I don't like the term eyecatchers, but that's probably just me, because I don't understand why people call them eyecatchers. Again, it's such an English fandom thing... but that's all beside the point.
It was probably just a typo. She either meant

"Can't wait to see the high quality version of that eyecatcher."

or

"Can't wait to see the high quality version of those eyecatchers."
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Sun May 16, 2010 3:05 pm

I don't know about you guys but the ''Doing?!'' sound Piccolo made after he heard Bulma was Trunks' mother was freakin funny. :lol:

dan2026
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dan2026 » Sun May 16, 2010 4:06 pm

One thing I noticed is that Trunks refers to the Artificial Humans as 'cyborgs' (in english).
I can't remember him doing this before. I suppose he must have and I just forgot.

I only mention it because it might be awkward for Funimation and their 'call everything an android' thing.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun May 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Actually, I just watched the episode in Z on my DBoxes a few days ago and was going to make a topic to ask about that, because he does refer to them as cyborgs (in English) in Z as well. I was going to ask if that was in the manga, or if the cyborg line replaced the original "#19 and #20" line. Like, for example, they animated the episode just before #17 and #18 showed up to retcon that line, and they had to have something to fill the mouthflaps, so they added in a "cyborg" line just for the hell of it. But I'm especially curious if the mention of cyborgs is in the manga, since it's pretty arguable if #20 is a cyborg, and #19 clearly isn't.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun May 16, 2010 5:09 pm

Trunks definitely uses "Cyborg" in the Japanese manga, as an alternate term for "Jinzouningen."
-Rachel

dan2026
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dan2026 » Sun May 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote: But I'm especially curious if the mention of cyborgs is in the manga, since it's pretty arguable if #20 is a cyborg, and #19 clearly isn't.
#19 has to be a full robot, he gets ripped up and blown apart and you only see wires and circuitry, same as #16.
As for #20, I'd say a human brain in a robotic body defiantly counts as cyborg though.

Trunks was expecting the cyborg #17 and #18 to show up though, not #19 and #20, as he somehow changed the past.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun May 16, 2010 5:34 pm

TripleRach wrote:Trunks definitely uses "Cyborg" in the Japanese manga, as an alternate term for "Jinzouningen."
Ah. Thank you.

Hmm. That's weird. I wonder if Toriyama had come up with the designs for #19 and #20 at the point that he wrote that line, or if he originally envisioned those two to be cyborgs... or if he just got confused as to what a cyborg actually was but just thought it sounded cool. :lol:
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun May 16, 2010 5:47 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:
TripleRach wrote:Trunks definitely uses "Cyborg" in the Japanese manga, as an alternate term for "Jinzouningen."
Ah. Thank you.

Hmm. That's weird. I wonder if Toriyama had come up with the designs for #19 and #20 at the point that he wrote that line, or if he originally envisioned those two to be cyborgs... or if he just got confused as to what a cyborg actually was but just thought it sounded cool. :lol:
Knowing Toriyama, it was definitely #3.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 16, 2010 11:43 pm

Big Momma wrote:
Hujio wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Can't wait to see the high quality version of that eyecatchers; Goku looks stunned in it. XD
You do realize that sentence doesn't make much sense, since you contradict yourself by using both a singular and plural form. "Eyecatchers" is plural, but "that" is singular. It is one reason why I don't like the term eyecatchers, but that's probably just me, because I don't understand why people call them eyecatchers. Again, it's such an English fandom thing... but that's all beside the point.
It was probably just a typo. She either meant

"Can't wait to see the high quality version of that eyecatcher."

or

"Can't wait to see the high quality version of those eyecatchers."
It was definitely a typo on my part. ^^; I've had such little sleep this weekend I completely missed that. I was originally typing a different sentence and I missed editing away the entire thing like I should have when I went to revise it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Mon May 17, 2010 4:09 am

Khalid Shahin wrote:General Discussion for DragonBall Kai episode 57, aired 16 May 2010.

おかえり孫悟空!謎の少年トランクスの告白
Okaeri Son Gokuu! Nazo no Shounen Torankusu no Kokuhaku
Welcome Back, Son Goku! The Confession of the Mysterious Boy, Trunks
The episode title sounds like Trunks wanna confess his love on Goku :lol:

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Mon May 17, 2010 5:39 pm

What is up with Trunks, Vegeta and Yamcha all tanned? Was it because of been waiting for Goku for 3 hours under Sun? :P

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Wed May 19, 2010 3:46 am

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
Khalid Shahin wrote:General Discussion for DragonBall Kai episode 57, aired 16 May 2010.

おかえり孫悟空!謎の少年トランクスの告白
Okaeri Son Gokuu! Nazo no Shounen Torankusu no Kokuhaku
Welcome Back, Son Goku! The Confession of the Mysterious Boy, Trunks
The episode title sounds like Trunks wanna confess his love on Goku :lol:
Well, actually...

*secretly a F.Trunks/Goku shipper*

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed May 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Confirming he also said this in the Japanese version of Dragon Ball Z. So it definitely was mentioned prior to Kai and totally flew past FUNi.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Wed May 19, 2010 2:04 pm

I don't think it necessarily flew past Funi. Funi just realized that calling 19 a cyborg made no sense so they used android instead. Then of course android doesn't make much sense for 17 and 18 but by that time they were already using the term and for consistency they kept it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:45 pm

I don't get it. Why use android when there were only ever two androids, but there were at least four cyborgs. Apparently 17 says something about it being strange that Dr Gero went back to using a human base after finally creating a successful android, so it's very likely that most of Dr Gero's creations were cyborgs (1~15, 17, 18, & 20). If that's the case, then shouldn't it be the Cyborg line?
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."