Kai Episode 81 (14 November 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Re: Kai Episode 81 (14th November 2010)

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:32 am

dan2026 wrote:
Goku100xKamehameha wrote:In Z, Cell said "Shimatta!" when he was about to be hit by the Final Flash, but in Kai, he said "Shima...".
He always got cut off half way, at least in the manga.
Haven't seen 'z' in a long time, maybe they did it wrong.
No, it's probably because of Kai's time slot.

dan2026
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dan2026 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:38 am

Goku100xKamehameha wrote: No, it's probably because of Kai's time slot.
What does that even mean?
They can't say 'shimatta'? They say it all the time.
Its not especially rude, it equates to something like 'oh no!' or 'oh crap!'.

Like I said he got cut off in the manga.
Literally he said;

しつ (Shi)
しまつ...(Shima...)

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:48 pm

dan2026 wrote:
Goku100xKamehameha wrote: No, it's probably because of Kai's time slot.
What does that even mean?
They can't say 'shimatta'? They say it all the time.
Its not especially rude, it equates to something like 'oh no!' or 'oh crap!'.

Like I said he got cut off in the manga.
Literally he said;

しつ (Shi)
しまつ...(Shima...)
Yes, I seem to recall that from the Japanese manga.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Ashy-kun
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashy-kun » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:39 pm

I just watched the scene in Japanese, and you can clearly hear Cell say the "-tta" at the end. So, yeah, he does say "Sh-Shimatta!"

But no, it wouldn't be because of the time slot. Shimatta's very much a mild word, anyway. I mean, all it really is is "Well, that's done it!", quite literally. Or, because of its nuance, "Damn, (it can't be helped and this action that has taken place cannot be changed)", simply put "Damn!"

Personally, I'd put it as Cell having said something like "Oh, hell!", as in "Oh, hell! I've just taken on this massive attack, Vegeeta's just made it more compact and I can't do anything to stop it!" A lot of context, in one simple utterance, no?
Your freelance, amateur translator, with over a year's worth of self-taught experience. Once an honorary member of Team Kinniku, and a man with his work shown in various places here and there. If you have a song you'd like me to look over, I'll happily look it over and see if I can translate it for you.

Most Recent Song Added to Ashy-kun's Song Translation Topic: Yoake no Kodomo-tachi (Translated: The Children of the Dawn)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:51 pm

Heh. I believe Daimao used "Holy s---!" for that scene in Dragon Ball Z. Wonder why he'll use for Dragon Ball Kai. :P
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:17 pm

I think this is officially my favorite episode of Kai yet.

First off, I like how quickly it progressed this time. Not that I didn't love Vegeta's Final Flash in Z, but man, the editing was just spectacular this episode.

Second, I love the musical piece they used this episode during that scene. One Hit To Victory, for me anyway, has become the equivalent of The Dragon Theme on the dub side, because they both sort of have the same inflection, and they were both used fantasticly in both these scenes.

I really hated the redrawn scenes here more than any other time in the history of Kai. God, they were so obnoxious and obvious during his power-up, but the thing that made this episode for me was the fact that Ryo Horikawa actually said "Final Flash" correctly! That always bothered me in the original, where he sort of just says "Final Flaa....." and the "sh" never comes through. Here, the "sh" is actually spoken! Mad props to Horikawa, right here. That is my favorite line he's spoken yet. And, his voice doesn't sound as horrible powering up as Nozawa's does. That's equally as impressive.

The rest of the episode was really good too, but Vegeta stole the show this week. :D

RazorX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RazorX » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:18 pm

There are some scenes in DB Kai which music wise blow DBZ's version out of the water; Vegeta's final flash against Cell in this episode is one of them.

The music played during the Final flash scene is fantastic. It's extremely ambient, beautiful, atmospheric and a joy to listen to. To call that musical piece good would be an understatement, Kenji Yamamoto is a genius.

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:39 pm

RazorX wrote:There are some scenes in DB Kai which music wise blow DBZ's version out of the water; Vegeta's final flash against Cell in this episode is one of them.

The music played during the Final flash scene is fantastic. It's extremely ambient, beautiful, atmospheric and a joy to listen to. To call that musical piece good would be an understatement, Kenji Yamamoto is a genius.

You took the words right out of my mouth (well, hands in this case).

I can't wait to reach the Buu saga. I'm sure Yamamoto will blast us with an amazing score again.

RazorX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RazorX » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:09 pm

AoiKageNoChikara wrote:
RazorX wrote:There are some scenes in DB Kai which music wise blow DBZ's version out of the water; Vegeta's final flash against Cell in this episode is one of them.

I can't wait to reach the Buu saga. I'm sure Yamamoto will blast us with an amazing score again.
A lot of the new music in the post Trunks episodes in Kai is simply amazing. I was not keeping up with Kai until the Trunks episodes were broadcast.

As the Android saga episodes started to be aired I thought about the new music Yamamoto might use for the Buu saga. I think he's going to do a really good job, plus some of the Cell music will probably be recycled. Although I can't wait to hear Kai's music for the Buu saga in general, I'm really looking forward to the themes Yamamoto might compose for major events (Goku vs Vegeta, SSJ3 Goku, Fusion, etc) The Buu saga has scope for a lot of creativity music wise.

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:05 pm

RazorX wrote:
AoiKageNoChikara wrote:

A lot of the new music in the post Trunks episodes in Kai is simply amazing. I was not keeping up with Kai until the Trunks episodes were broadcast.

As the Android saga episodes started to be aired I thought about the new music Yamamoto might use for the Buu saga. I think he's going to do a really good job, plus some of the Cell music will probably be recycled. Although I can't wait to hear Kai's music for the Buu saga in general, I'm really looking forward to the themes Yamamoto might compose for major events (Goku vs Vegeta, SSJ3 Goku, Fusion, etc) The Buu saga has scope for a lot of creativity music wise.
Agreed, I pretty much loved Saiyan saga and Freeza saga on Kai, but Ever Since Android saga began broadcasting, Kai´s become my favorite db version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr_8jWjUv4U

With all those rumors that boo saga is not gonna broadcast, I hope It gets broadcasted...
This Majin Buu Theme For Dragonball GT Final Bout By Kenji Yamamoto is just amazing. Synthethized....but amazing it´s like real orchestra performance. just than synthetized