Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

RazorX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 7:24 pm

Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by RazorX » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:48 pm

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Kai episode 84. Aired 5th December 2010

修行完了!悟空、打倒セルに余裕あり!?
Shūgyou Kanryō! Gokū, Datō Seru ni Yoyō Ari?!
Training Completed! Does Goku have the Composure to Defeat Cell?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

New title card and new eyecatch, interesting.
Title card is an aerial view of Kami's lookout and the eyecatch shows Post-Rosat SSJ Goku and SSJ Gohan.

User avatar
Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:56 am

Image
Image

User avatar
Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 811
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Ahiru77 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:01 am

^With all due respect, somebody please beg Akira to drawn them one last time....he seems to be the only one who can do them right. xP

I thought I was going to despise this episode, but man the face, the face, the faaacceee.....makes everything better. :lol:
I also liked how Vegeta kept emphasizing on his inferiority. But still, the story...



You know, I was thinking (A dangereous pastime)...wouldn't it have been funny if Vegeta kept giving everyone nicknames. In this episode he called Piccolo just Piccolo. Could have been "Namek"...Half-ling, 3-eyes...Genie...:lol:

...but I guess that wouldn''t sound as funny in japanese, eh?

User avatar
Son Wukong
Regular
Posts: 630
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:25 pm
Location: Also Kame House

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Son Wukong » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:03 pm

Ahiru77 wrote: I thought I was going to despise this episode, but man the face, the face, the faaacceee.....makes everything better. :lol:
Do we actually know who drew that face? Cause it's just that particular scene that's messed up but the rest of it is just normal.

User avatar
Drayenko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:29 pm

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Drayenko » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:20 pm

Pretty good episode. Can't wait for the next one!

User avatar
sailorspazz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:55 pm
Location: ZamaBlack love shack
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by sailorspazz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Ahiru77 wrote:
You know, I was thinking (A dangereous pastime)...wouldn't it have been funny if Vegeta kept giving everyone nicknames. In this episode he called Piccolo just Piccolo. Could have been "Namek"...Half-ling, 3-eyes...Genie...:lol:

...but I guess that wouldn''t sound as funny in japanese, eh?


LOL, so Vegeta could be like the Sawyer (from Lost) of DBZ? Some examples for Vegeta-Sawyer:

Gokuu: Forrest Gump
Gohan: Boy Wonder
Piccolo: Jolly Green Giant
Mr. Popo: Aladdin

I could keep going....

Anyway, during this episode Piccolo brought up the rule that one can only use the Room of Spirit & Time for two days in their lifetime. It seems kind of arbitrary, but I guess they needed some kind of rule so the characters couldn't be like Vegeta and decide to just use it all the time. Though it's always bugged me how Trunks is able to use the RoSaT in the Boo arc; since future Trunks uses two days, the kid Trunks shouldn't be able to, since they are still the same person genetically, even though their personalities are very different. Come to think of it, how exactly does the RoSaT determine that a person has been in there too long? Is it a sentient entity that decides to close itself off once the time limit has been surpassed?

I realize that the real answer to all of these questions is, Toriyama didn't think about it. :P
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here
Posts: 2262
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:31 am

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Senzu_Bean » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:54 am

sailorspazz wrote:Come to think of it, how exactly does the RoSaT determine that a person has been in there too long? Is it a sentient entity that decides to close itself off once the time limit has been surpassed?
I'm pretty sure that is Mr. Popo. He watches them and waits in the shadows. If someone tries to go in there a third time he basically eats them just like he did with Goku's Kamehameha.

Was it just me or did they actually removed #16 image of Goku fighting Freeza?

Deity
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:03 pm

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Deity » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:53 pm

Son Wukong wrote:
Ahiru77 wrote: I thought I was going to despise this episode, but man the face, the face, the faaacceee.....makes everything better. :lol:
Do we actually know who drew that face? Cause it's just that particular scene that's messed up but the rest of it is just normal.
What face are you talking about ? I bet it has to do with that horrible-drawn episode

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:49 pm

The "Weegee" Luigi face where Goku's eyes are way too far apart.

It was in a thread, but I forget which one and where.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
Savage68
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:16 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Savage68 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:58 am

Chuquita wrote:The "Weegee" Luigi face where Goku's eyes are way too far apart.
This the one?
Image

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Chuquita » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:29 am

Savage68 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:The "Weegee" Luigi face where Goku's eyes are way too far apart.
This the one?
http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz26 ... 201006.png
Yes. That's him. XD

I tried looking in the old funny reactions thread, but didn't see it there. Must've been a different thread.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:46 am

It's in the "Worst Looking Episode" topic.

Deity
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:03 pm

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Deity » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:06 am

How about that Vegeta in the corner ? Looks like he's been tased. Gohan looks awful too, this episode looks like some crappy fan-art.

User avatar
Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Deity wrote:How about that Vegeta in the corner ? Looks like he's been tased. Gohan looks awful too, this episode looks like some crappy fan-art.
Well, that's only the 2nd part, the 1st part was amazing!

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here
Posts: 2262
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:31 am

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Senzu_Bean » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:42 pm

It isn't like the manga is much better in that particular scene. Goku also looks a freaking demonic pedophile in there too.

User avatar
Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:09 pm

I hope they keep the "Rock" filler for the next episode.

Deity
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:03 pm

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Deity » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:15 pm

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
Deity wrote:How about that Vegeta in the corner ? Looks like he's been tased. Gohan looks awful too, this episode looks like some crappy fan-art.
Well, that's only the 2nd part, the 1st part was amazing!
True, but I was referring to the DBZ episode. One of the good things about Kai is that it shortens the length of these crappy animations.

User avatar
TonyTheTiger
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1550
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by TonyTheTiger » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Hey, one of those trees looks like Vegeta.

User avatar
Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:35 am
Location: Australia

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by Son Edo » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:24 am

Lol rapeface.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:26 pm
Location: Mount Paozu
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 84 (5th December 2010)

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:50 am

Senzu_Bean wrote:
sailorspazz wrote:Come to think of it, how exactly does the RoSaT determine that a person has been in there too long? Is it a sentient entity that decides to close itself off once the time limit has been surpassed?
I'm pretty sure that is Mr. Popo. He watches them and waits in the shadows. If someone tries to go in there a third time he basically eats them just like he did with Goku's Kamehameha.
TonyTheTiger wrote:Hey, one of those trees looks like Vegeta.
I laughed out loud when I read those two posts. :lol:
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Post Reply