Kai Episode 92 (06 February 2011)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Kai Episode 92 (6th February 2011)

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:08 pm

I thought it was pretty good. It went well with Gohan snapping, and really conveyed just how ruthless he's just become. I still like Spirit Vs. Spirit a lot more, but considering I can say the same for the rest of the Kai soundtrack compared to the Z one, I'd say it was good.
Son Wukong wrote:Youtube comment from kenisu3000 upload:
"OST IV appears to have been cancelled"

This might be a big hint that Toei has change their minds and we might get...

Freakin'

Buu

Saga

Somehow confirm this ASAP.
But OST IV isn't the "Complete Song Collection", so why would it change anything?
Last edited by Metalwario64 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:09 pm

After comparing the Z version of this scene with the Kai version, I personally like this BGM more than "Spirit Vs Spirit" because... Well, it's more epic and therefore, fits perfectly with the scene.

SsjRavi

Post by SsjRavi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:30 pm

I prefer the original scene from DBZ, as mentioned by many others i do not think the theme fits dragonball, It reminds me a lot of the soundtrack from Akira.
It is likely that bias is affecting my choice due to the unmei no hi scene being deeply engraved into my mind over many years.
"No. A sword is a weapon. Kenjutsu is the art of killing. Whatever pretty words you use to speak of it, this is its true nature. What Miss Kaoru says are the words of one who has never dirtied her hands. An idealistic joke. But, I like Miss Kaoru's idealism better than its true nature. If one can ask so much, I want the world to accept this joke as its true nature."
- Himura Kenshin

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:40 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:I thought it was pretty good. It went well with Gohan snapping, and really conveyed just how ruthless he's just become. I still like Spirit Vs. Spirit a lot more, but considering I can say the same for the rest of the Kai soundtrack compared to the Z one, I'd say it was good.
Son Wukong wrote:Youtube comment from kenisu3000 upload:
"OST IV appears to have been cancelled"

This might be a big hint that Toei has change their minds and we might get...

Freakin'

Buu

Saga

Somehow confirm this ASAP.
But OST IV isn't the "Complete Song Collection", so why would it change anything?
You're absolutely right. It doesn't really mean anything at the moment so it's pure fan-wanking on my side thinking and hoping they'll announce Kai to continue somehow.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:41 pm

AoiKageNoChikara wrote:I understand, but Gotta think about the franchise. Kai tries to give our beloved anime to a new generation, do you think new generation would like the "twoink twoink" string effect? or maybe the generic guitar atleast went getting better until buu saga? remember the music for the 4th movie special? it had choirs, and to me it sounds brilliantly epic, and let me get it straight, thinks have to move on :) I remember Kikuchi did the score for mazinger anime series, in the new mazinger series (I believe it's name is Shin Mazinger Z or something like that) it recieved a far more epic orchestral music, even choral.
That's because they all have the modern new animations. I think the Kai score would be okay if they re-animated the entire series that looks modern and gorgeous, but it's not appropriate for the 20-years-old footage. To me, old cheap animations with grand music is kind of odd.

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:20 pm

kei17 wrote:
AoiKageNoChikara wrote:I understand, but Gotta think about the franchise. Kai tries to give our beloved anime to a new generation, do you think new generation would like the "twoink twoink" string effect? or maybe the generic guitar atleast went getting better until buu saga? remember the music for the 4th movie special? it had choirs, and to me it sounds brilliantly epic, and let me get it straight, thinks have to move on :) I remember Kikuchi did the score for mazinger anime series, in the new mazinger series (I believe it's name is Shin Mazinger Z or something like that) it recieved a far more epic orchestral music, even choral.
That's because they all have the modern new animations. I think the Kai score would be okay if they re-animated the entire series that looks modern and gorgeous, but it's not appropriate for the 20-years-old footage. To me, old cheap animations with grand music is kind of odd.
saint seiya had some great orchestral music y' know? but I get your point, Then Again it's not like they put db footage in movie maker changed the music and rendered the video in Lame quality, Kai's beign Treated like a new anime except for the footage (though it's beign retraced frame by frame)... but you know what? I find it extremely useless to rant about the music :lol: Would you rather have the kikuchi score totally untouched for Kai? If so I'm very dissapointed :S if anything Kai score is good for listening, yet everyone just says "This piece... It should have been here, noes it sucks used that way!!, why can't it be like Shusuke kikuchi The Great Magnificent Almighty Composer of all time!?!?", It's amazing, everytime a new music place they immediately put it side to side by it's Z counterpart, if it's a great change it's immediately bad and chessy? sorry for this expression.... but CHEESY MY BUTT!! :evil: man they sure treat kikuchi like a martyr or something... I do find amusing "it's not db style" thing. yet people defend Battle Point Unlimited, that one and Solid state Scouter... there's no other bgm in Db like that :oops: excuse me if I'm wrong. And excuse for this straight kind of "attack" but... you say you don't like Kai's bgm for beign rich... and epic.... man :| and now you say it's odd to see cheap old animation with great music.... yet I remember Popolocrois had STUPID INSANELY ANNOYING RETARDED CHIBI (I like this chibi but this is annoying) Character designs... yet the music is superb (Koh Ohtani!!) it's not old, but one wouldn't even think the freaking amazing music would be owned by such a disgrace in artwork!...

But all that beign said... I think hardcore fans should not pick on Kai in any way... at the end Kai's not for us, it's for the new Generation, by now I think Db is the only Anime that has a "Kai" Treatment, Well I'm grateful after all the changes they made in the series, atleast they kept the footage so kids know it's THE legend. in time they will grow anxiety to see how it looked like before, some will stay with kai, some will find dbz more appealing, after thay they will want to see how everything started. BANG New Original DB Fan base!! at the end of the day, Kai's a good thing for Dragon Ball franchise, any relevant changes for us may be a complete treasure for newer generations, many in this forum say Kai's an insult, yet Kai's reignited their db thirst (there's a thread about that).

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:34 pm

The music used makes it seem like a Movie Trailer imo...doesn't fit very well. Could have been better. I don't get that "OMFG EPIC EPIC EPIC" Feeling I get when watching the original or even the Dub...btw those tears look odd. They look digitized over everything else in the scene :lol:
Rocketman wrote:Who gives a shit about a Broly fan's feelings.
Zoms wrote:That moment when you relate your ship to glass tubes...

Undercooked Sausage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Undercooked Sausage » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Really happen that Furukawa-san toned down his gutteral GOHAN! after the transformation, and it sounds more like it's in awe than concern. Piccolo's delivery of that always sounded way to angry in DBZ.

Sonikero

Post by Sonikero » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:10 pm

I don´t know where´s the point about the chorus, they were before in DBKAI, and in DBZ too. They have not any relation with modern, hollywood and all that shit.

Examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b5CgWhJJMk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWfBVhHkuKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LoQJAYcFGA

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:13 pm

I can see what they were trying to do here. But overall I think Spirit vs Spirit is more fitting because it starts of calm then goes completely epic. I think the start of Spirit vs Spirit is fitting for Gohan snapping and the rest is fitting for his rage and determination to beat Cell.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:24 pm

That was unexpected for a Dragon Ball song... but it all sort of went together well. No, it's not the original scene, but for a redo, it's better than I hoped for.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:50 pm

Watching this scene in HD I see how much I like it better than Z! Sorry Kageyama-san :( I can't wait for OST IV.... what a way to pump me up I never thought I'd ever hear another Choir in a db bgm... reminds me kinda of the DB movie 4 with Tokunaga!

DB Movie 4 Final Scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ktvAp33sYQ

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:47 pm

I think the piece was pretty bad. It didn't sound epic. It just sounded weird.

It is significantly worse than Faulconer's and not even worth mentioning in the same sentence as Spirit vs. Spirit.

I'm sorry to say this was a major disappointment. Which is surprising coming from me as I've been pretty enthusiastic about Kai since the beginning.

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:20 pm

Well, here's to hoping that the Dub does the scene justice. Because this was a disappointment in my eyes.
Rocketman wrote:Who gives a shit about a Broly fan's feelings.
Zoms wrote:That moment when you relate your ship to glass tubes...

SolarBlade52
Beyond Newbie

Post by SolarBlade52 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:44 pm

This was better than I expected.

Still no Unmei no Hi though.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:18 pm

Here are the new eyecathes.

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:02 am

It is significantly worse than Faulconer's and not even worth mentioning in the same sentence as Spirit vs. Spirit.
Well, here's to hoping that the Dub does the scene justice. Because this was a disappointment in my eyes.
I've seen people watching other anime (or games) that get seriusly generic music yet they enjoy it, But dragon ball fans pick on dragon ball? naruto/bleach fans would kill for their anime to get a Kai treatment yet... us the dragon ball fans just pick on every new thing we get... I know people just won't agree with me because I want... but aren't these type of comments a bit exagerated? to say the music is actually bad.... I would understand "This just doesn't feel like original dragon ball" and I even respect that one.... but to say it's bad no matter what, no discussion to it's level of dissapointment... to even put it down in front of a synthetized american score.... this just amazes to no end. but to each his own I guess... *scratches head*

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:12 am

Naruto and Bleach fans want a haphazardly cobbled together tracing of three story arcs?

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:19 am

Innagadadavida wrote:Naruto and Bleach fans want a haphazardly cobbled together tracing of three story arcs?
The one who has mind to think... let him think :twisted: you know what I'm trying to say. and if you truly don't know let me explain....

Take out all the freaking filler, do it like the manga. if possible re-record dialog. throw in new music (say shippuden composer in naruto old series) = happy fans?... seriusly from what I'm seeing here... they deserve this more than us

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:25 am

No they do not, they are fans of inferior series. :P