Kai Episode 92 (06 February 2011)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RazorX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Kai Episode 92 (06 February 2011)

Post by RazorX » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:04 pm

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Kai episode 92. Originally broadcast 06 February 2011

空に消えた涙!悟飯、怒りの超覚醒
Sora ni Kieta Namida! Gohan, Ikari no Chō Kakusei
The Tears that Disappeared into the Sky! The Angry Super Awakening of Gohan

------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Eyecatches.

This episode featured the incredible SSJ2 Transformation of Gohan, which was accompanied by a really good orchestral musical piece which helped set the mood for the scene.

Masako Nozawa did an amazing scream for this scene; assisted by audio effects, it was perhaps even more impactful than the Z scream of this scene.
Last edited by RazorX on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Re: Kai Episode 92 (6th February 2011)

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:27 pm

I'm guessing that this episode will cover 3 chapters, which are: the last 6 pages of chapter 406, the entire chapter 407, and the first 2 pages of chapter 408. Starting with #16's failed attempt of blowing himself up and ends with Gohan in his SSj2 form.

Sonikero

Post by Sonikero » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:13 pm

How can I see the episode with VLC? Is the quality better than keyhole?

Thanks.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Sonikero wrote:How can I see the episode with VLC? Is the quality better than keyhole?

Thanks.
It's about 10 leagues better than KeyHole. :wink:

Sonikero

Post by Sonikero » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
Sonikero wrote:How can I see the episode with VLC? Is the quality better than keyhole?

Thanks.
Wow. Well, how I can see?

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:18 pm

Sonikero wrote:

Thanks.
I'm not sure if this would work, but see this page.

Sonikero

Post by Sonikero » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Sonikero wrote:
Goku100xKamehameha wrote: It's about 10 leagues better than KeyHole. :wink:
I'm not sure if this would work, but see this page.
Thanks!!! Works!

sbk
Beyond Newbie

Post by sbk » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:08 pm

It says 'Dragon Ball Kai episode 91' in the OP

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:18 pm

New eyecathers!

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:29 pm

You know, with higher quality sounds and visuals, that was probably really, really cool.

As it was? Still much better than Son Goku's SSJ transformation. Pretty good all around.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Flamingwindjutsu

Post by Flamingwindjutsu » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:30 pm

Well, the song was no Spirit vs Spirit, but I liked it. Am I correct in thinking that was a new piece of music composed for the scene? Or had it been used before? Either way, definitely a song that fit the mood.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:31 pm

Pretty good BGM piece.

It doesn't blow you away like "Spirit vs Spirit", though.

But this ended up better than expected.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Flamingwindjutsu wrote:Well, the song was no Spirit vs Spirit, but I liked it. Am I correct in thinking that was a new piece of music composed for the scene? Or had it been used before? Either way, definitely a song that fit the mood.
It was definitely a new piece, I'd never heard it before.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:36 pm

You know, watching the next episode preview, it makes me wonder if they'll edit it so he only kills seven Cell Juniors this time. Anyway, great choral piece, and I really enjoyed it!
Last edited by Hujio on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:38 pm

This week on Dragon Ball Kai...!! Artificial Human #16, having snuck up and ensared Cell in a bear hug, triggers his self-destruction--an awesome super power that would destroy the Earth!! However, when the explosion does not occur, Kuririn reveals that Bulma and Doctor Brief removed the self-destruct mechanism, thinking it might be too dangerous. Cell takes this chance to destroy Artificial Human #18, rendering only his head intact and functional. Spewing seven Cell Juniors from his tail, Cell unleashes them upon Son Gohan's friends in hopes of angering Gohan into revealing his true power. Gokû, still exhausted from fighting Cell, is beaten around easily while Piccolo, Vegeta and Trunks can hardly put up a fight. Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and Kuririn are easily overpowered. Artificial Human #16 convinces Mr. Satan to toss his head to Gohan so he may speak to him. Mr. Satan does so, allowing #16 to express to Gohan he shouldn't be afraid. Cell notices #16's speech and having grown weary of his babbling, crushes his head. Overcome with grief, Son Gohan awakens to the shock of everyone...!! Oh, they used a new choir piece for the scene!

Dragon Ball covered: starts 7 pages into #406 through #407.
Dragon Ball Z covered: the rest of #183 through #184.
153 + 291 + 64 + 92 = 600
This week’s episode covers what is one of the biggest moments in all of history for Dragon Ball fans. From tankôbon volume #17 (“An Unprecedented Terror”) to volume #34 (“The Warrior Who Surpassed Gokû”) we’ve seen Gohan grow from a scared, pampered little boy into the mightiest of the Saiyans. It was May 5, 1993 when Dragon Ball Z episode #184 “The Tragedy of No. 16!! Super Gohan's Anger Explodes” first aired (animation was supervised by Masunaga Keisuke). The big moment at the end of the episode was animated gorgeously by Miyahara Naoki with an insert theme by Kageyama Hironobu, Unmei no Hi –Tamashii tai Tamashii–. The power of Yanami Jôji’s booming narration holds emotional impact beyond description. Did Dragon Ball Kai surpass—or even meet—that episode? I don’t think it ever a fair competition to begin with.

The piece used for Dragon Ball Kai is…

Next week on Dragon Ball Kai: Episode #93: "Fighting Spirit Free from Hesitation! Gohan Pulverizes the Cell Juniors" It looks like we’ll see Gohan killing all of the Cell Juniors next week. Dragon Ball Z episode #185 “Anger Exploding Into Power!! The Cell Juniors are Destroyed” will definitely be covered in whole (animation was supervised by Yamamuro Naoyoshi, the lead animator of the new opening, ending, title card, eyecatch, and next episode preview animation). I suspect we’ll also see part of #186 covered, too.

Predictions for the rest of the arc:

#94: the rest of #186 and #187.
#95: #188-189.
#96: #190-191.
#97: #192-193.
#98: #194.

Also, some celebrations are in order of a different sort…

Nakao Ryûsei’s (Tambourine, Freeza, Coola): turns sixty today!
Shô Mayumi (Chichi up through Dragon Ball Z episode #66 and movie #3): turns foury-six today!
Chiba Shigeru (Pilaf, Raditz, Garlic Junior): turned fifty-seven yesterday.
Horikawa Ryô (Vegeta): turned fifty-three on the first of February.
Koyama Mami (Lunch, Arale): turned fifty-six on 1/17.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:43 am

Dang it the new score was amazing, Love the Choir, Loved the Orchestra, the real highlight of Kai has always been Yamamoto For me!! Well done bro!! WELL DONE!!! *thumb up for kenji*

Music wise compared to Z.... Kageyama's Voice is amazing and the song is epic... just perfect for the moment.

Kai Has a brand New Choral Orchestrated Piece. Really amazing, The entrance to the music with the zoom on gohan's eyes were kinda too fast... but the rest was pure brilliance.

Can't really compare... Z has an insert Song and Kai's got a BGM. I found Kai much easier on my ears cuz I love Orchestral Music much more than rock, pop j pop, ect. But Z has Kageyama.... Kai has Choir.... oh my poor head!! :shock:
The big moment at the end of the episode was animated gorgeously by Miyahara Naoki with an insert theme by Kageyama Hironobu, Unmei no Hi –Tamashii tai Tamashii–. The power of Yanami Jôji’s booming narration holds emotional impact beyond description. Did Dragon Ball Kai surpass—or even meet—that episode? I don’t think it ever a fair competition to begin with.

The piece used for Dragon Ball Kai is…
I agree with everything.... but it kinda sounds as if you were saying the music for Kai sucks!! XD

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:13 am

Rewatching the scene again, that scream by Masako Nozawa really is amazing.

I enjoyed the music selection more the second time, too.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:03 am

I loved the chorus part of the transformation but the in between stuff sounded a bit cut from the same thread. I loved how the narrator sounded just as shocked as everyone else. Piccolo's "Gohan" sounded better to me here as well.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:04 am

YES!!!

Image Angelic super saiyan Gohan for the win. Image

The others gave a fantastic fight, although I grew a little impatent with Gohan still not being ssj2 before half-time. Still 16 did great at the end....(still lol-ing about that manga pic.)

Ashy-kun
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashy-kun » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:11 am

I have a feeling that I'm going to have to wade through a great many YouTube videos with dub score and voices imposed onto the scene, or predictions of how things would have gone, to find this scene for myself.

That said, I do have little murmurs of doubt, with the preview for "An Unwavering Fighting Spirit! Gohan's Demolition of the Cell Juniors" showing the transformation done again. Granted, from what I'm hearing, it's just going to be the same as the original Z, with the episode starting with a redone version of the transformation just to give the viewer some footing, but still... Well, at least it's not as bad as what could have happened with the original transformation before the eyecatch and ad break, and then the redone one being after it.
Your freelance, amateur translator, with over a year's worth of self-taught experience. Once an honorary member of Team Kinniku, and a man with his work shown in various places here and there. If you have a song you'd like me to look over, I'll happily look it over and see if I can translate it for you.

Most Recent Song Added to Ashy-kun's Song Translation Topic: Yoake no Kodomo-tachi (Translated: The Children of the Dawn)