Kai Episode 93 (13 February 2011)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RazorX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Kai Episode 93 (13 February 2011)

Post by RazorX » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:34 pm

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Kai episode 93. Originally broadcast 13 February 2011.

迷いなき闘志!悟飯、セルジュニア粉砕
Mayoi-naki Tōshi! Gohan, Seru Junia Funsai
Fighting Spirit Free from Hesitation! Gohan Pulverises the Cell Juniors

penguintruth
Banned

Re: Kai Episode 93 (13th February 2011)

Post by penguintruth » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:30 pm

Man, do I love this part of the series. Go, Gohan!

Jeez, is he ever brutal, too.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

SolarBlade52
Beyond Newbie

Post by SolarBlade52 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:47 pm

Gohan was much more brutal in the manga than he was in the anime.
*cough bloody guts cough*

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Were there only 7 cell juniors killed this time?
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:13 am

^ Yes.

I sense a disturbance in the matrix...What did they do to 16 ? They erased him, just like that. :(

Anyway, I liked the part where Piccolo was like "You showed Gohan how Cell fights first, didn't you Goku ?"......then Goku was thinking like "Wow, that sounds great...why didn't I think of that ?". :lol:

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:42 am

Hell yeah, go~ Gohan!! Ahem...yeah, am I the only one that thought this episode had the most redrawn scenes yet?
Ahiru77 wrote: I liked the part where Piccolo was like "You showed Gohan how Cell fights first, didn't you Goku ?"......then Goku was thinking like "Wow, that sounds great...why didn't I think of that ?". :lol:
Lolz, that sounds good. :lol:

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:41 am

A little alternate transformation scene on the beginning.... but still good!
And damn those little exploding Cell Jrs. I didn't know they had explosive inside of them. :roll: Did they also exploded in the Manga?

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:02 am

The track that plays while Trunks gives Tenshinhan, Yamucha, and Kuririn a senzu beans sounds like it came out of a Resident Evil game.

Also, I agree that there seemed to be a lot of re-animated scenes this episode.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:37 am

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:A little alternate transformation scene on the beginning.... but still good!
And damn those little exploding Cell Jrs. I didn't know they had explosive inside of them. :roll: Did they also exploded in the Manga?
They exploded into blood and guts in the manga.

But I don't mind thinking that for the anime, he kicked them so hard they exploded into dust.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Can I get a Schemen?

SolarBlade52
Beyond Newbie

Post by SolarBlade52 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:02 pm

I'm glad that the error, when it had one extra Cell Jr, is gone.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:13 am

Is it just me or are the editors starting to get really lazy. They're keeping in way too much of Satan and co.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:01 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Is it just me or are the editors starting to get really lazy. They're keeping in way too much of Satan and co.
I agree but I think they left in Mr. Satan and co. because they couldn't edit out when Gohan saved Mr. Satan's student.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:03 am

Sure they could. We could just assume the student died. After all, it's not like we ever see any of them again. :lol:
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

andrewtuell1991
Beyond Newbie

Post by andrewtuell1991 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:31 am

Well, since no one else has done it yet...

This episode covers all of Episode 185 to the eyecatch of 186 of Z (1.5 Episodes). Manga wise cover all of chapter 408 to about the second page of 409. Based on the two new episode titles provided by Kanzentai, my predictions for the remainder of the Cell arc are:

94. 2nd half of 186 - All of 187 (Ending with Cell vomiting out 18 but not yet transformed back to his second form) Hopefully they cut out the filler flashback of Gohan going SSJ2 for a split-second in RoSaT, I've always hated that filler.

95. All of 188 - 1st half of 189 (Ending with Vegeta charging at Cell for the death of his son).

96. 2nd half of 189 - All of 190 (Ending with Gohan firing the "Father-Son" Kamehameha at Cell). Hopefully they can either completely edit out Cell's unnecessarily long flashback altogether (like with Trunks) or cut it down to a bare minimum (like with Freeza).

97. 191-192. Covering the Kamehameha battle and Ending with the image of Goku smiling in the sky. Hopefully they can cut out Piccolo and Co. attacking Cell completely or minimize it as much as possible.

98. 193-194. (Ending the Cell arc and beginning the Boo arc the next week). Fingers crossed for an encore of The Lone Warrior during Trunks' final battles.

spikevegeta

Post by spikevegeta » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:46 pm

My predictions:

94: Second half of 186, All of 187, ending after Cell vomits 18. Don't be surprised if they leave in Gohan ROSAT flashback to show how Goku discovered his power. It will likely just be shortened.

95: 188-189. Cuts out Gohan fighting 2nd Level Cell, and a lot of 189(everyone gawking at Cell's return, half of Vegeta's rage attacks).

96: 190-191. Cut most of 190, with the flashbacks likely gone. Piccolo/Kuririn/Tenshinhan/Yamcha all will be left in, but shortened slightly. Hopefully they cut all sight of Vegeta in the episode until his big return at the end of the episode. DBZ gave it away too much. Hopefully the 2nd half of 191 is just about left untouched, SO good.

97: 192-1st half of 193. A faster paced version of this chunk of footage. Shenron reviving everyone, Goku saying good-bye, and the bombs being removed from 17 & 18.

98: 2nd half of 193-194. The only scene used from 193 being Trunks leaving the present. Then it cuts to 194, most of that episode being left in. After Trunks kills Cell, the episode will have 4 or 5 minutes left to do one of two things:

1. Show grown up Gohan flying Kin'toun to High School(Episode 200) or....

2. A Montage of the Saiyan/Freeza/Cell Arcs, since they wont do the Buu Arc.

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:40 pm

That was hard to watch without Faulconer's track playing during the beating of the Cell Jr.'s Probably just me, but I enjoy that track to it's full extent, especially during that scene. It just seemed down right boring to me :/

Shi* ton of reanimation for this episode. Easily the most noticeable part of this episode eh, good episode
Rocketman wrote:Who gives a shit about a Broly fan's feelings.
Zoms wrote:That moment when you relate your ship to glass tubes...

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Zionist wrote:That was hard to watch without Faulconer's track playing during the beating of the Cell Jr.'s
It was hard to watch with it.

Can I get a Schemen?