Kai Episode 102 (27 April 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Kai Episode 102 (27 April 2014)

Post by Hujio » Sat May 03, 2014 11:39 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:That shows yet another odd change in Kai. Piccolo says "Goku" instead of "Son". Unless that was how it was in the manga.
Piccolo does say "Goku" in the manga, which was switched to "Son" in Z.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sat May 03, 2014 11:42 pm

If I recall correctly, Piccolo stopped referring to him as ‘Son’ and switched to ‘Gokū’ after fusing with God.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon May 05, 2014 4:03 pm

Hujio wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:That shows yet another odd change in Kai. Piccolo says "Goku" instead of "Son". Unless that was how it was in the manga.
Piccolo does say "Goku" in the manga, which was switched to "Son" in Z.
I see. I guess this is that "attention to manga detail".
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

ss4songoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by ss4songoku » Mon May 05, 2014 4:59 pm

sheesh you guys are tough critics. I understand having high standards but this is insane! I'm not saying you don't have a right to voice your opinion but if you despise this version of the boo arc so much why bother watching it? Just stick with the original. I think It's nice to have a change of pace instead of watching the same exact show over and over.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon May 05, 2014 5:25 pm

ss4songoku wrote:sheesh you guys are tough critics. I understand having high standards but this is insane! I'm not saying you don't have a right to voice your opinion but if you despise this version of the boo arc so much why bother watching it? Just stick with the original. I think It's nice to have a change of pace instead of watching the same exact show over and over.
Welcome to Kanzenshuu.

We watch it because we absorb all things Dragon Ball. We continue to watch it because we're barely a few episodes into the entire thing and we're interested to see how it plays out.

I don't think any of us disagree that a change in pace is nice but if that change is done poorly, then we're going to criticise it. Rightfully so, too.

If Toei are going to oust Q-TEC in favour of doing Kai themselves, then they need to live up to the quality of what came before. They're not doing that at all and as such, people are complaining.

I don't think anyone is being a 'tough critic' though. We're just being honest and making the necessary comparisons.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

ss4songoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by ss4songoku » Mon May 05, 2014 5:48 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
ss4songoku wrote:sheesh you guys are tough critics. I understand having high standards but this is insane! I'm not saying you don't have a right to voice your opinion but if you despise this version of the boo arc so much why bother watching it? Just stick with the original. I think It's nice to have a change of pace instead of watching the same exact show over and over.
Welcome to Kanzenshuu.

We watch it because we absorb all things Dragon Ball. We continue to watch it because we're barely a few episodes into the entire thing and we're interested to see how it plays out.

I don't think any of us disagree that a change in pace is nice but if that change is done poorly, then we're going to criticise it. Rightfully so, too.

If Toei are going to oust Q-TEC in favour of doing Kai themselves, then they need to live up to the quality of what came before. They're not doing that at all and as such, people are complaining.

I don't think anyone is being a 'tough critic' though. We're just being honest and making the necessary comparisons.
Thanks for the welcome. I'm not new to the forum, I've been browsing it for a long time but just recently joined and started posting.

I apologize for being overly critical of those who dislike what Toei is doing with the boo arc of kai. You're right it could definitely be better in many ways but for the most part I'm enjoying it. The music is pretty bad though haha. Too bad they couldn't use the Yamomotto score. I'm sure I butchered the spelling lol.