Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by Doctor. » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:17 am

Man, I loved the original Kai, but this is just sad. Is it just me or does the quality look even WORSE than the original Z? It's so gray, no color, no life at all. And don't get me started on the new OST, which is terribad. I don't understand why Toei is so lazy.

andrewtuell1991
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by andrewtuell1991 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:38 pm

Puto wrote:So wait. After TWO iterations of getting stuff chopped off (first from Z to International Kai and then from International Kai to Japan Kai), you still think the show is too bloated and long?
Yep. If Toei would've reanimated from scratch, the Buu arc should be no longer than 30 episodes and even that's being lenient.
Doctor. wrote: I don't understand why Toei is so lazy.
Who knows? Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star), Dragon Ball, One Piece, Toriko; they've butchered so many manga-to-anime shows that I've pretty much given up all hope that anything resembling quality will ever come out of Toei.

theoriginalbilis
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:33 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by theoriginalbilis » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:38 pm

I thought the episode was fine. It felt faster paced than Z, and what padding was left in never felt like it dragged.

The music, as always, is just kind of there IMO, but nothing stood out as particularly bad. The "disco music" that played when Goku freed himself from the rocks was a bit awkward, but I didn't let it drag down my enjoyment of the events on-screen.
Twitter: @WillB_Animating Xbox Gamertag: Original Bilis PSN: ChuckleSquirts

User avatar
JEFFMAN219
Regular
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:21 am

Just finished watching this weeks episode and it wasn't that bad except for the weird editing that took place during the goku and vageta fight and the music placement and the website that I watched this episode from did not have the green the green tint in it.

theoriginalbilis
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:33 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by theoriginalbilis » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:11 pm

JEFFMAN219 wrote:Just finished watching this weeks episode and it wasn't that bad except for the weird editing that took place during the goku and vageta fight and the music placement and the website that I watched this episode from did not have the green the green tint in it.
There's a certain fansubbing group that does some minor color correction before they release the episode. If you look at the raws or streams, which come out first, they have the green tint intact.
Twitter: @WillB_Animating Xbox Gamertag: Original Bilis PSN: ChuckleSquirts

User avatar
Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 916
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:08 pm
Location: Pilot Mountain Pinnacle

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:13 pm

theoriginalbilis wrote:
JEFFMAN219 wrote:Just finished watching this weeks episode and it wasn't that bad except for the weird editing that took place during the goku and vageta fight and the music placement and the website that I watched this episode from did not have the green the green tint in it.
There's a certain fansubbing group that does some minor color correction before they release the episode. If you look at the raws or streams, which come out first, they have the green tint intact.
Pardon my stupidity but what do they use to correct the color?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6061
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by Ajay » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:19 pm

Shoving the raw file into any editing program such as Adobe Premiere and adjusting the green and red levels will remove the tint. You just render it out corrected and voila! It would literally take FUNi zero effort to fix.
Follow me on Twitter! // Super Animation Catalogue
[url=https://twitter.com/Yuyucow][b]kViN[/b][/url][i] on Tadayoshi Yamamuro[/i] wrote:
A fun drawing killed his family and now his life's goal is to oppress them all.

User avatar
Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 916
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:08 pm
Location: Pilot Mountain Pinnacle

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:21 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Shoving the raw file into any editing program such as Adobe Premiere and adjusting the green and red levels will remove the tint. You just render it out corrected and voila! It would literally take FUNi zero effort to fix.
Wow thanks man i've never used adobe before so I was just curious. I'm still learning these new programs
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

User avatar
Puto
I Live Here
Posts: 2659
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:40 am
Location: Portugal, Oeiras
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by Puto » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:29 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Shoving the raw file into any editing program such as Adobe Premiere and adjusting the green and red levels will remove the tint. You just render it out corrected and voila! It would literally take FUNi zero effort to fix.
It's literally just an RGBAdjust statement in Avisynth.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6061
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by Ajay » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:40 am

Should have figured it'd be Avisynth but hey ho, same kinda thing whether you're using script or filters within a suite.
Follow me on Twitter! // Super Animation Catalogue
[url=https://twitter.com/Yuyucow][b]kViN[/b][/url][i] on Tadayoshi Yamamuro[/i] wrote:
A fun drawing killed his family and now his life's goal is to oppress them all.

User avatar
Puto
I Live Here
Posts: 2659
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:40 am
Location: Portugal, Oeiras
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by Puto » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:53 am

It's the exact same statement for every episode, too — the tint is actually completely consistent in each and every episode, so it can't be anything but deliberate.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6061
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by Ajay » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:11 am

Have you guys considered testing the Battle of Gods TV spot trailer that featured a similar tint to see whether that also works with the same statement?
Follow me on Twitter! // Super Animation Catalogue
[url=https://twitter.com/Yuyucow][b]kViN[/b][/url][i] on Tadayoshi Yamamuro[/i] wrote:
A fun drawing killed his family and now his life's goal is to oppress them all.

User avatar
LordCrumb
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1044
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:33 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:27 am

Finally saw this episode.. wasn't too bad, but the music at the very end of the episode was really, really odd. It sounded more like Triumphant Hero music rather than a depressing, sad tune. I mean, Majin Buu has just reached full power, Kaioshin is freaking out and Gohan is scared.. not the right type of music to be played.

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:01 pm

I liked this episode overall while it was not as good as the previous one though didn't really disappoint, aside from three cons I found.

What I really liked about the episode was some of its picture quality looked better than it usually is, as such is the screenshot below.

Image

Now, why the hell are they still using the same Eyecatch even though the Tenkaichi Tournament has ended?! Display a new one already!

Image

Right before the episode ended when Majin Boo's egg had reached its full power they played a heroic BGM which was really unfitting but sounded like a pretty good piece of music, regardless of the bad music placement.

One last thing, this week's NEP didn't even last 30secs, it was so damn short! Ugh!
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6061
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by Ajay » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Well, that is the colour corrected version from Baaro so it's bound to look better than it actually is on TV. The art certainly helps too.

Here's the broadcast version:

Image
Follow me on Twitter! // Super Animation Catalogue
[url=https://twitter.com/Yuyucow][b]kViN[/b][/url][i] on Tadayoshi Yamamuro[/i] wrote:
A fun drawing killed his family and now his life's goal is to oppress them all.

User avatar
Flame Dragon
Regular
Posts: 619
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 9:52 am
Location: Italy

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by Flame Dragon » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:03 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Well, that is the colour corrected version from Baaro so it's bound to look better than it actually is on TV. The art certainly helps too.

Here's the broadcast.
Yuck. So ugly.
It's sad when you see a fan actually doing a better job than Toei... for FREE!

User avatar
Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 2482
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:28 pm
Location: Nebraska
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by Hujio » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:36 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:One last thing, this week's NEP didn't even last 30secs, it was so damn short! Ugh!
There was a 15 second promo for a special Kamahameha present just before the next episode preview, so it was cut down to 15 seconds in the broadcast. A full 30 second next episode preview was produced and is available on Toei and Fuji TV's official websites.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

User avatar
Blade
I Live Here
Posts: 2258
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:45 pm
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 115 (03 August 2014)

Post by Blade » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:21 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:What I really liked about the episode was some of its picture quality looked better than it usually is
Eh, I thought it was a bit of a mixed bag. There were some shots where some nice details were preserved, but there's no getting away from some of the line-detail butchering going on. I mean in some instances we're not outside the realms of Orange-brick bad.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Post Reply