Kai Episode 118 (24 August 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Re: Kai Episode 118 (24 August 2014)

Post by Black_Liger » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:02 am

Valerius Dover wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote: Also, can we please uncover a scandal about Sumitomo so we can have someone else please. :lol:
If anything like that happened again, that "someone else" would just be Kikuchi's recycled music.

I would truly give up on Buu kai if that happened. XDD
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Undercooked Sausage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Undercooked Sausage » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:14 am

I honestly stopped watching after like the fourth episode or whatever.

When they announced all the home releases would be in widescreen I figured "what was the point?"

Also the music, christ...and barely cutting any filler! Why!? Fuck you, Toei!

And don't even get me STARTED on the fact that sailor moon is not only getting a full remake, but a brand new dub and 4:3 bluray release here. ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:49 am

Damn, I really kind of forgot how great some/most of the animation is in the Boo saga. This episode, especially Bobbidi, looked fantastic.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:32 pm

My doubt since day 1 Kai came out. Why isn't it reboot like Hunter Hunter (2011)?

The fucking ugly drawings done by Uchiyama Masayuki hurts the eyes like shit. We're here in 2014, not fucking 20 years back in 1990's where poor standard is tolerable.

Lost interest the moment Goku/Majin Vegeta fight was tarnished with generic, misplaced scores which shits on everything I thought was great about KAI.

Not even gonna bother about Kai-related topics anymore.

Like I said, the cheapness of Buu Arc Kai is crytal-clear right with seiyuu's VA itself. Never have I ever ridiculed seiyuu's (apart frm those GT seiyuus that voice Pig, Duck & Toad Shadow Dragons). But Babidi sound ridiculously generic. Kaioshin's voice isn't solid & sound very un-interested. Besides Nozawa & Ryo (which sometimes are a shell of their former self), most iconic moments thus far has been crushed either with rubbish, misplaced scores or weak acting. Sigh...

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:If anything like that happened again, that "someone else" would just be Kikuchi's recycled music.
I know. It was a joke.

Although, I'd take Kikuchi at this point.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:37 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:If anything like that happened again, that "someone else" would just be Kikuchi's recycled music.
I know. It was a joke.

Although, I'd take Kikuchi at this point.
unless it was a decent kikuchi placement I wouldn't sumitomo's style really doesn't bother me
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:39 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:So I felt like depressing myself and throwing some Yamamoto into the Boo arc of Kai. Apparently I'm a masochist.

Isolating dialogue from a music heavy stereo track ain't easy and I'm too lazy to make any real effort at 4am so you will hear some bass lines from Sumitomo in there quietly underneath the track. Unless your headphones or speakers have a lot of low end, it shouldn't matter much.

Either way, it was only for a bit of fun.

Enjoy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JK1wxTPdYM

Also, can we please uncover a scandal about Sumitomo so we can have someone else please. :lol:
Holy crap. This makes it so much more watchable. I had difficulty in wanting to close the video lol

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:59 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:So I felt like depressing myself and throwing some Yamamoto into the Boo arc of Kai. Apparently I'm a masochist.

Isolating dialogue from a music heavy stereo track ain't easy and I'm too lazy to make any real effort at 4am so you will hear some bass lines from Sumitomo in there quietly underneath the track. Unless your headphones or speakers have a lot of low end, it shouldn't matter much.

Either way, it was only for a bit of fun.

Enjoy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JK1wxTPdYM

Also, can we please uncover a scandal about Sumitomo so we can have someone else please. :lol:
While I don't have as big a problem with Sumitomo as a lot of people, I will admit that I miss Yamamoto...a lot. His score really fit the show. Great video, though it kind of makes me sad seeing what could have been.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:28 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I decided to actually put some real effort into another Yamamoto placement so this should be far better. I even included subtitles and the original for comparison!

I think my placement of a certain track during something that was silent originally will be a bit controversial but I think it works. Will be interested to hear what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K7iAGCOGgs

Enjoy :D
Had to re-add in some atmosphere tracks and aura sounds since isolating the dialogue tends to destroy those.
Last edited by Ajay on Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deadtuber.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:43 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I decided to actually put some real effort into another Yamamoto placement so this should be far better. I even included subtitles and the original for comparison!

I think my placement of a certain track during something that was silent originally will be a bit controversial but I think it works. Will be interested to hear what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K7iAGCOGgs

Enjoy :D
That was great. I understand what they were trying to go for with Sumitomo's triumphant piece in the rock smashing scene, but I think Yamamoto's more serious piece is better placed there. You're right, the cave scene has me conflicted. The track that you put there does work and sounds good, but it's also a scene that lends itself well to silence. I actually like both Yamamoto's and Sumitomo's tracks that were placed when Vegeta grabbed Goku, so either one of those works for me. When you compare the scores this way it's really amazing how budget Sumitomo's feels compared to Yamamoto. I have a feeling that with more resources Sumitomo could have delivered some really decent tracks. There are a few Sumitomo pieces that I enjoy, but I have to give superiority to Yamamoto by a pretty wide margin. One thing I know for sure, though, is that the properly color-corrected picture runs circles around Toei's.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:17 pm

Yeah, it definitely lends itself to silence, I agree.

I felt like the instant jump into the heavy track as Vegeta appears was a little too harsh without at least something before it. I did edit out a couple of things from the original track just to try and retain as much silence as possible while also building tension.

But yeah, it works either way, I think.

Deadtuber.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:48 pm

Hey, ALG, you didn't tweak the video other then to remove the green tint, right?, 'cuz I think the remaster looks pretty good.

Also, I can finally side on everyone who was upset when the whole Yamamoto (sp) scandal went down, that score was nothing short of awesome, well worth hunting Kai parts for.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Nope, nothing but removing the tint and tweaking it a little to my personal tastes. I did accidentally render it incorrectly which is why there's horrible jaggies in the line art. My bad. :oops:

Deadtuber.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:03 pm

horrible jaggies? I didn't notice anything wrong with the video, but then again it is me lol

Removal of the tint makes this look so much better, guess we'll find out soon if the green tint is on the home release, come on TOEI don't mess this up, please.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:04 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Also, I can finally side on everyone who was upset when the whole Yamamoto (sp) scandal went down, that score was nothing short of awesome, well worth hunting Kai parts for.
I love the Yamamoto score. As much as I enjoy Kikuchi, I just can't watch Kai with his score. There are some Yamamoto tracks in the Cell arc that I absolutely adore.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:08 pm

Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Also, I can finally side on everyone who was upset when the whole Yamamoto (sp) scandal went down, that score was nothing short of awesome, well worth hunting Kai parts for.
I love the Yamamoto score. As much as I enjoy Kikuchi, I just can't watch Kai with his score. There are some Yamamoto tracks in the Cell arc that I absolutely adore.
the cell arc was one arc he defiantly went all out with
PSN SonGoku325

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:21 pm

Yeah, the Yamamoto score is a completely new experience, shame I cant watch(hear) his Cell arc stuff dubbed.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:22 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Yeah, the Yamamoto score is a completely new experience, shame I cant watch(hear) his Cell arc stuff dubbed.
well its a good thing kai's 5.1 then just go off the Japanese episodes and boom you got that arc with its original score
PSN SonGoku325

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:46 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Yeah, the Yamamoto score is a completely new experience, shame I cant watch(hear) his Cell arc stuff dubbed.
well its a good thing kai's 5.1 then just go off the Japanese episodes and boom you got that arc with its original score
I'm sorry, but I have zero experience with this kind of thing. :oops: How would I go about transferring the Yamamoto score to the dub? If you don't mind explaining of course. :) Again, sorry, but I have never done anything like that before.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:56 pm

Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I have zero experience with this kind of thing. :oops: How would I go about transferring the Yamamoto score to the dub? If you don't mind explaining of course. :) Again, sorry, but I have never done anything like that before.
just email me and i'll tell you what to get
Last edited by Naruto6583 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN SonGoku325