Kai Episode 120 (07 September 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Kai Episode 120 (07 September 2014)

Post by sangofe » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:47 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
mcdonough88 wrote:Is it also me or Kusao is WAY BETTER as Chibi Trunks in Kai than he was in Z?
Definitely how I feel. Not that he was bad in Z at all but he did suffer from the same unnatural grittiness to his voice that the FUNi actors had too. It's refreshing to hear that eliminated with a performance that, to my ears at least, sounds much better.

Ohhhhhhh yeah, Trunks was gooooooood this episode. And the whole episode was very emotional to me, especially since I hadn't been watching the Boo saga in years. Since... ten years, actually. I'm pretty sure I'll be following the french dub of the Kai Boo saga after having seen one episode, and having seen this in japanese.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm stocking episodes so I didn't saw the entire episode yet.
But I found the sacrifice on youtube and damn, I got impressed! Amazing combo between Ryo and Sumitomo. Just beautiful. :clap:

Finally a scene that rivals with the original. I dont miss Yamamoto score at all, just wish Sumitomo was there since the beginning.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:09 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Finally a scene that rivals with the original. I dont miss Yamamoto score at all, just wish Sumitomo was there since the beginning.
Thank god he wasn't or else most of the soundtrack would've been mediocre like it is for the majority, sure there are times when they've done the music placements properly but the bad outweighs the good of it.

If only the entire score was like the BGM from Vegeta's Atonement scene then Sumitomo would've been a spectacular composer. That's the kind of cinematic and modern music (just like the cutscenes from Ultimate Blast by Takaki) I wanna hear, not that techno/vgm tunes which don't fit to a TV series like this.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Well, the music from Shibakane hime is real good, maybe he was asked especifically to do more techno ?? and synth stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IchXXLG-OBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-867cS1TNo

After all, his orchestral works in Asura and Shibakane hime are nice. Man, this is really confusing.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:49 pm

Could someone rip that soundtrack from Vegeta and Piccolo's conversation? Please? It's just that it's really good :p