Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:07 am

I think the new ending is decent to be honest. It has a catchy tune but the YEAH!!! kind of pisses me off and the animation is good also. Love <3 for Trunks and Goten is strong in me so I am happy.

Zenkai Power is a lot worse considering how kiddy and annoying it was. That should have only been there on the first episode...

EDIT: Better quality ending of 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi29JNepxt8
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:42 am

Even with better quality it's still an awful ending song and is that a penis in the background? Probably not but looks like it.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

User avatar
Drayenko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:29 pm

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by Drayenko » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:10 pm

I don't post much, but it's funny when people just want to criticize EVERYTHING.

This is the best drawn Ending out of the three, and it actually looks good. The song, I don't like it so much but hopefully will grow on me.

User avatar
worldmonsters
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 9:33 am
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by worldmonsters » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:39 pm

While definitely not the best credits ever... I do have to agree that it beats Zenkai Power because it's not obnoxious O__o;; The... "animation" is VERY lazy, but "Dear Zarathustra" was half sliding non-animated frames and I liked that one a lot. The still shots in the new credits are very well drawn though. None of them are as ugly as some of the animation we've had, so that's a positive thing. The music is bland, but not annoying. Yeah almost none of these things are positive, but they're not overwhelmingly bad, just lazy and bland. It's just there. But I think I like this one better than the last one to be honest.

Episode was kind of bland and meh too. Some filler kept in, but most of it wasn't obnoxious. The Popo thing wasn't in the manga and it doesn't... REALLY add a lot, but I can't say it's as bad as Goten and Trunks in the changing room with the commentator coming in. Everything with Babidi was pretty straight forward though, could've lost some shots, but I guess they really wanted to end the episode at that point (which to be honest is a great point to end an episode, but it shouldn't be a reason to fill your episode with filler.

Honestly not as bad an episode as we've had, but only meagerly gets a passing mark.

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6086
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by Ajay » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:39 pm

It's funny when people just want to criticize EVERYTHING.
Someone doesn't agree with my opinion therefore they are criticising and complaining about EVERYTHING.

Don't be that guy.
Follow me on Twitter! // Super Animation Catalogue
[url=https://twitter.com/Yuyucow][b]kViN[/b][/url][i] on Tadayoshi Yamamuro[/i] wrote:
A fun drawing killed his family and now his life's goal is to oppress them all.

User avatar
Freeza Soldier #156
Regular
Posts: 604
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:41 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:47 pm

Wow. I'm a little surprised at the universal hate the new ending seems to be getting. I quite enjoyed it, song and all.

User avatar
Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:38 pm

I actually like the ending. Not as good as Dear Zarathustra but still nice. The images look nice and the song fits Goten and Trunks. I'm guessing we're going to have this ending up until Gohan confronts Super Buu, or maybe even the first appearance of Vegito.

User avatar
sailorspazz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:55 pm
Location: ZamaBlack love shack
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:55 pm

I'll wait till I listen a few more times before passing judgment on the song, but so far it seems less memorable than the first two (just listened to it a few minutes ago, and can't remember at all what it sounded like). The ending animation irks me because it's just redrawn versions of scenes we're going to see in the series. I like endings that show something new; isn't that the point of having new animation?

It's been a long time since I watched the Boo arc, but was that tree always placed so it covered the Budoukai official's head exploding? I think it was there before, but knowing some of the Kai censorship we got early on, I thought it was possible it was added in. But I may just feel that way because I'm currently reading the Boo arc of the manga, and the anime toned down many of the blood-and-guts explosions Toriyama was throwing around.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

User avatar
LordCrumb
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1044
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:33 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:43 am

sailorspazz wrote:I'll wait till I listen a few more times before passing judgment on the song, but so far it seems less memorable than the first two (just listened to it a few minutes ago, and can't remember at all what it sounded like). The ending animation irks me because it's just redrawn versions of scenes we're going to see in the series. I like endings that show something new; isn't that the point of having new animation?

It's been a long time since I watched the Boo arc, but was that tree always placed so it covered the Budoukai official's head exploding? I think it was there before, but knowing some of the Kai censorship we got early on, I thought it was possible it was added in. But I may just feel that way because I'm currently reading the Boo arc of the manga, and the anime toned down many of the blood-and-guts explosions Toriyama was throwing around.
We definitely see some type of exploding in Z.. I think maybe a shadow of it happening. Shame Kai censored this.. it was quite a brutal death for Z.

User avatar
mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 7:49 pm
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico.

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by mcdonough88 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:41 am

LordCrumb wrote:
sailorspazz wrote:I'll wait till I listen a few more times before passing judgment on the song, but so far it seems less memorable than the first two (just listened to it a few minutes ago, and can't remember at all what it sounded like). The ending animation irks me because it's just redrawn versions of scenes we're going to see in the series. I like endings that show something new; isn't that the point of having new animation?

It's been a long time since I watched the Boo arc, but was that tree always placed so it covered the Budoukai official's head exploding? I think it was there before, but knowing some of the Kai censorship we got early on, I thought it was possible it was added in. But I may just feel that way because I'm currently reading the Boo arc of the manga, and the anime toned down many of the blood-and-guts explosions Toriyama was throwing around.
We definitely see some type of exploding in Z.. I think maybe a shadow of it happening. Shame Kai censored this.. it was quite a brutal death for Z.
Z was also censored, for it was even more brutal in the manga.

User avatar
Black_Liger
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1333
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:26 am

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by Black_Liger » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:08 am

mcdonough88 wrote:
LordCrumb wrote:
sailorspazz wrote:I'll wait till I listen a few more times before passing judgment on the song, but so far it seems less memorable than the first two (just listened to it a few minutes ago, and can't remember at all what it sounded like). The ending animation irks me because it's just redrawn versions of scenes we're going to see in the series. I like endings that show something new; isn't that the point of having new animation?

It's been a long time since I watched the Boo arc, but was that tree always placed so it covered the Budoukai official's head exploding? I think it was there before, but knowing some of the Kai censorship we got early on, I thought it was possible it was added in. But I may just feel that way because I'm currently reading the Boo arc of the manga, and the anime toned down many of the blood-and-guts explosions Toriyama was throwing around.
We definitely see some type of exploding in Z.. I think maybe a shadow of it happening. Shame Kai censored this.. it was quite a brutal death for Z.
Z was also censored, for it was even more brutal in the manga.

Anyone care to upload the panel in the manga? :O
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

User avatar
LordCrumb
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1044
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:33 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:20 pm

Here is the Z version for reference (Dbox);

Z:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Kai:
Image
Image

In Kai you don't even see what happened.

User avatar
Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5960
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 am
Location: Namek

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:41 pm

Ugh... That's terrible. Censorship was always one of the worst things about Kai, but I thought it got toned down after the Saiyan and Namek arcs. Now it's back in full force.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

User avatar
JackyBoi99
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:59 am
Location: Qld Australia

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by JackyBoi99 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:04 pm

I do not remember the scene of that guys head exploding, in what scene did that happen?
It is clear that sometime in Mark Satan's life, he acquired the dragon balls and called upon shenlong to grant him immortality.

98% of Kanzenshuu-goers have not kissed a girl. If you're one of the 2% that has, copy and paste this into your signature.
- Kid Buu

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:02 am

While you see his head getting bigger and bigger plus the popping noise it's lacking the detail in video of the head exploding this really is awful for Kai because it's not giving a faithful experience.

I wonder how they'll censor the puppy's death and that old man's too.
I do not remember the scene of that guys head exploding, in what scene did that happen?
Babidi visits the Tenkaichi Tournament grounds for information.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

User avatar
Flame Dragon
Regular
Posts: 619
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 9:52 am
Location: Italy

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by Flame Dragon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:29 am

Censorship...
Yeah, more faithful to the manga my ass.

Oh wait but we fixed Buu arms and Goku's halo for this one scene, so it totally is okay.

User avatar
Valerius Dover
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1861
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by Valerius Dover » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:01 am

I think Kai abandoned "closer to the manga" as soon as it began by skipping 38% of the manga. I kind of see it as it's own thing. A little bit of censorship doesn't bug me since Kai isn't meant to replace the original. Is it possible this only applies to the JP version? It's possible that The Final Chapters might leave it intact in uncut releases, since it wasn't produced with the idea of broadcasting to Japanese standards.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:35 am

This isn't a "little bit" of censorship, they completely covered it up so the viewers can't see what really happened to his head other than imagining it exploded by the sound of it.

I really hope The Final Chapters are less censored than the Japanese edition.

Anyone remember what Super Boo did to that old guy? Not really sure how Toei plans to hide that unless they delete that scene entirely from the broadcast.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

User avatar
Freeza Soldier #156
Regular
Posts: 604
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:41 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:04 am

dbboxkaifan wrote: Anyone remember what Super Boo did to that old guy? Not really sure how Toei plans to hide that unless they delete that scene entirely from the broadcast.

I don't think that one will be as much of an issue. That one wasn't too graphic (there was no blood or anything) relative to the exploding head. Hopefully this is just a broadcast edit.

User avatar
sailorspazz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:55 pm
Location: ZamaBlack love shack
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by sailorspazz » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:03 pm

Black_Liger wrote: Anyone care to upload the panel in the manga? :O
Here's the original, the way it was meant to be seen:

Image

So seems like Z cut it down just a little with partial tree coverage, and Kai went all out with total tree coverage. And this wasn't even as graphic as some others Toriyama drew in this arc, which had eyes and guts and stuff flying around. Oh, Dragon Ball Kai, you keep finding new ways to make us shake our heads and go "...what are you even doing, bro?"
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Post Reply