Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 2482
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:28 pm
Location: Nebraska
Contact:

Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by Hujio » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:44 pm

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Kai episode 132, aired 30 November 2014

魔人を倒すのは誰だ?最強の男始動!!
Majin o Taosu no wa Dareda? Saikyō no Otoko Shidō!!
Who Will Defeat the Majin? The Strongest Man Makes His Move!!


PLEASE SAVE DISCUSSION FOR AFTER THE EPISODE HAS AIRED
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

User avatar
Black_Liger
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1333
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:26 am

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by Black_Liger » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:34 pm

A nice track in the end, reminds me of original dbz music just with a more groovy feel!
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

User avatar
TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1184
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by TheRed259 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:17 pm

This episode covered the second part of episode 251 and almost the whole episode 252. What really bothered me is the fact that they used a scene from the horribly animated episode 250 before the eyecatch. They could have used sth else and avoid that inconsistency in terms of animation.

User avatar
LuckyCat
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: The Sacred Land
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by LuckyCat » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:16 pm

The scenes with Mr. Satan were the shining point. Whoever is doing his voice these days has some good delivery for Satan's gags.
Cipher wrote:The first and last word on Super's animation problems and why they exist.
(Have we transcended language to the point where we only communicate in YouTube links now? The talking has already been done for us.)

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6079
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by Ajay » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:40 pm

LuckyCat wrote:The scenes with Mr. Satan were the shining point. Whoever is doing his voice these days has some good delivery for Satan's gags.
That would be Unshō Ishizuka who voices old Jojo in Stardust Crusaders. He's absolutely fantastic in every role I've seen him in. Though I do find his Satan quite hard to take in after seeing Jojo, he does a very good job.
Follow me on Twitter! // Super Animation Catalogue
[url=https://twitter.com/Yuyucow][b]kViN[/b][/url][i] on Tadayoshi Yamamuro[/i] wrote:
A fun drawing killed his family and now his life's goal is to oppress them all.

User avatar
Black_Liger
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1333
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:26 am

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by Black_Liger » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:44 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
LuckyCat wrote:The scenes with Mr. Satan were the shining point. Whoever is doing his voice these days has some good delivery for Satan's gags.
That would be Unshō Ishizuka who voices old Jojo in Stardust Crusaders. He's absolutely fantastic in every role I've seen him in. Though I do find his Satan quite hard to take in after seeing Jojo, he does a very good job.
I knew I had heard Old Joseph somewhere else!! Gotta love his Engrish on Stardust Crusaders XD
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

User avatar
Xeogran
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1830
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by Xeogran » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:11 pm

Goku told Buu to wait for someone as strong as him (referring to Gotenks). But here in this filler we see Buu stomping Gotenks with low-difficulty. THIS was the hyped fusion we've all been waiting for?

I found this moment strange in general, this encounter should have never took place.

User avatar
Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 922
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:08 pm
Location: Pilot Mountain Pinnacle

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:14 pm

Nightstar1994 wrote:Goku told Buu to wait for someone as strong as him (referring to Gotenks). But here in this filler we see Buu stomping Gotenks with low-difficulty. THIS was the hyped fusion we've all been waiting for?

I found this moment strange in general, this encounter should have never took place.
Well gotenks was arrogant so he thought he could beat buu by himself with no training
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6079
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by Ajay » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:16 pm

Black_Liger wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:
LuckyCat wrote:The scenes with Mr. Satan were the shining point. Whoever is doing his voice these days has some good delivery for Satan's gags.
That would be Unshō Ishizuka who voices old Jojo in Stardust Crusaders. He's absolutely fantastic in every role I've seen him in. Though I do find his Satan quite hard to take in after seeing Jojo, he does a very good job.
I knew I had heard Old Joseph somewhere else!! Gotta love his Engrish on Stardust Crusaders XD
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO! OH MY GODDDDD!

Man, January can't come soon enough. Need me some more Jojo.
Follow me on Twitter! // Super Animation Catalogue
[url=https://twitter.com/Yuyucow][b]kViN[/b][/url][i] on Tadayoshi Yamamuro[/i] wrote:
A fun drawing killed his family and now his life's goal is to oppress them all.

User avatar
Black_Liger
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1333
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:26 am

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by Black_Liger » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:48 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO! OH MY GODDDDD!

Man, January can't come soon enough. Need me some more Jojo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9J5tYShNY8

AWWW HELL YEAH, It's not Friday without Jojo! :clap:
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

User avatar
DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:44 am
Location: Midlands, UK

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Great episode again this week, I too am really enjoying Ishizuka San's work as Mr. Satan. I knew I'd heard his voice before, Stardust Crusaders will be back in January (thank goodness).

So, just over 11 episodes worth left to be cut. I'm very keen to see what actually goes in the final 28.

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6079
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by Ajay » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:21 pm

So uh, was just giving the episode a watch and noticed Mr Satan's stubble went walkabout mid-conversation:

Image
Follow me on Twitter! // Super Animation Catalogue
[url=https://twitter.com/Yuyucow][b]kViN[/b][/url][i] on Tadayoshi Yamamuro[/i] wrote:
A fun drawing killed his family and now his life's goal is to oppress them all.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by Dbzk1999 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Nightstar1994 wrote:Goku told Buu to wait for someone as strong as him (referring to Gotenks). But here in this filler we see Buu stomping Gotenks with low-difficulty. THIS was the hyped fusion we've all been waiting for?

I found this moment strange in general, this encounter should have never took place.
Yes it should,
Gotenks got vegeta'd for his arrogance
(Thinking they're all powerful, only to get stomped)
Until the Battle is Won.

- WEST POINT, 2021

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6376
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by sangofe » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:15 am

Dbzk1999 wrote:
Nightstar1994 wrote:Goku told Buu to wait for someone as strong as him (referring to Gotenks). But here in this filler we see Buu stomping Gotenks with low-difficulty. THIS was the hyped fusion we've all been waiting for?

I found this moment strange in general, this encounter should have never took place.
Yes it should,
Gotenks got vegeta'd for his arrogance
(Thinking they're all powerful, only to get stomped)

It wasn't in the manga, that's why he's saying that.

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6376
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by sangofe » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:16 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:Great episode again this week, I too am really enjoying Ishizuka San's work as Mr. Satan. I knew I'd heard his voice before, Stardust Crusaders will be back in January (thank goodness).

So, just over 11 episodes worth left to be cut. I'm very keen to see what actually goes in the final 28.
I'm 100% positive that even the japanese version will be longer than 28 more episodes.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:16 pm

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by Darkblade1995 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:44 am

sangofe wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:Great episode again this week, I too am really enjoying Ishizuka San's work as Mr. Satan. I knew I'd heard his voice before, Stardust Crusaders will be back in January (thank goodness).

So, just over 11 episodes worth left to be cut. I'm very keen to see what actually goes in the final 28.
I'm 100% positive that even the japanese version will be longer than 28 more episodes.
Actually this was the 34th episode of the Japanese cut, making it the 41st episode of The Final Chapters. So there are indeed 28 episodes left.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12381
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Seventeen Sundays remain between now and 29 March 2014. The spring season begins in April, so at the most Dragon Ball Kai will last seventeen more episodes.
•Julie | She/Her | Pansexual & Transgender | Queer |
•Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter)

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6376
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by sangofe » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:04 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Seventeen Sundays remain between now and 29 March 2014. The spring season begins in April, so at the most Dragon Ball Kai will last seventeen more episodes.
Has there been an official statement that Kai will end on that date?

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12381
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:08 pm

sangofe wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Seventeen Sundays remain between now and 29 March 2014. The spring season begins in April, so at the most Dragon Ball Kai will last seventeen more episodes.
Has there been an official statement that Kai will end on that date?
No. The series could continue through spring, though, if Fuji TV and Toei Animation want to use it to promote the upcoming movie they could certainly keep it running by not cutting any more.
•Julie | She/Her | Pansexual & Transgender | Queer |
•Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter)

User avatar
Blade
I Live Here
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:45 pm
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 132 (30 November 2014)

Post by Blade » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:33 pm

sangofe wrote:It wasn't in the manga, that's why he's saying that.
Well, it was - in that the events actually happened but the fight itself wasn't shown. The whole thing played out more like a little aside gag in the Manga, which I guess they probably could have managed in Kai without including the filler fight, but in terms of areas where the anime staff took creative license, it isn't really one of the most lurid examples.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Post Reply