Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 2482
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:28 pm
Location: Nebraska
Contact:

Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Post by Hujio » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:43 pm

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Kai episode 142, aired 15 February 2015

ブウを圧倒!究極悟飯の超パワー!!
Bū o Attō! Arutimetto Gohan no Sūpā Pawā!!
Buu is Overwhelmed! Ultimate Gohan's Super Power!!
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6088
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Post by Ajay » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:25 pm

From 02:35 to 6:48, they had four different tracks, all for one scene of Gohan fighting Boo. Yeah...four minutes, four tracks, all different tones.

Very strange.

I actually expected quite a bit more fighting. The major bits seemed to be done with after 10 minutes. Perhaps I'm just misremembering Z, though.

On the positive side of things, this scene was pretty nice...I guess?

Why did I pick this back up again?
Follow me on Twitter! // Super Animation Catalogue
[url=https://twitter.com/Yuyucow][b]kViN[/b][/url][i] on Tadayoshi Yamamuro[/i] wrote:
A fun drawing killed his family and now his life's goal is to oppress them all.

User avatar
Black_Liger
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1333
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:26 am

Re: Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Post by Black_Liger » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:45 am

Oh Goody, 1 good placement for every 3 weird ones. XD Well, I'd say it was decent, but it could have done better without the emotional roller coaster on those four minutes O.O.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13002
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:18 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:From 02:35 to 6:48, they had four different tracks, all for one scene of Gohan fighting Boo. Yeah...four minutes, four tracks, all different tones.

Very strange.

I actually expected quite a bit more fighting. The major bits seemed to be done with after 10 minutes. Perhaps I'm just misremembering Z, though.

On the positive side of things, this scene was pretty nice...I guess?

Why did I pick this back up again?
Cause it's almost over :lol:. After Gohan comes the fun with Vegetto, and then the final battle. Also I wonder if the bullshit filler of Goku & Vegeta vs Boohan, and the inside of Boo filler will be kept.

Some speed edits I kinda liked....others....no. The impact of the blows is lessened when things move by so fast. What made this fight so good to me was the utter domination you feel Gohan brings. You get to feel and satisfy each blow he delivers onto Boo. This ain't the usual speedy blitz fight, but an utter curb stomp. That's what I really like about this fight. Some may call it boring, I call it satisfying to see how effortlessly Gohan makes the battle look. In kai though, maybe one or two scenes benefited from the speed up, like the rapid punch section, but other cuts diminished the satisfaction of each of Gohan's single devastating punches.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
NitroEX
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1502
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Not America

Re: Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Post by NitroEX » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:04 am

Wow, that was some really odd editing on Buu's scream at the beginning of the first video. Why end it so abruptly when the camera cuts to Gohan? It's not like they were standing far apart. Besides that and the speed edits taking me out of the moment the score seemed passable.

The guitar part was a bit too upbeat for my liking but I have a feeling this is a common stylistic thing for Buu Kai, I haven't kept up with this in a long while.

User avatar
Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Re: Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:42 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:From 02:35 to 6:48, they had four different tracks, all for one scene of Gohan fighting Boo. Yeah...four minutes, four tracks, all different tones.

Very strange.

I actually expected quite a bit more fighting. The major bits seemed to be done with after 10 minutes. Perhaps I'm just misremembering Z, though.

On the positive side of things, this scene was pretty nice...I guess?

Why did I pick this back up again?
Cause it's almost over :lol:. After Gohan comes the fun with Vegetto, and then the final battle. Also I wonder if the bullshit filler of Goku & Vegeta vs Boohan, and the inside of Boo filler will be kept.

Some speed edits I kinda liked....others....no. The impact of the blows is lessened when things move by so fast. What made this fight so good to me was the utter domination you feel Gohan brings. You get to feel and satisfy each blow he delivers onto Boo. This ain't the usual speedy blitz fight, but an utter curb stomp. That's what I really like about this fight. Some may call it boring, I call it satisfying to see how effortlessly Gohan makes the battle look. In kai though, maybe one or two scenes benefited from the speed up, like the rapid punch section, but other cuts diminished the satisfaction of each of Gohan's single devastating punches.
I'm curious to see if they keep in base Vegetto vs Boohan because if I recall, in the manga, once Vegetto appeared he instantly transformed into a Super Saiyan then he began laying the smack down.

Dbzfan94
I Live Here
Posts: 4911
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:27 pm

So where does episode end? I'm guessing from those small clips, next episode will be Buu absorbs Gotenks and Piccolo.

If they're gonna leave any filler intact, I'd like to keep the full Vegetto vs Buu fight, and Supreme Kai's filler explanation of Kid Buu vs the 5 Supreme Kais

User avatar
Xeogran
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1865
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Post by Xeogran » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:34 pm

Please, they better not keep the Base Vegetto vs Buu fight. I know it was awesome and all, but I want to see it done differently this time, not rewatch all Z episodes with different tracks.

By this I mean Buu shouldn't stop the attack he planned to kill Goku and Vegeta with and still throw it at Vegetto, like in the manga.

User avatar
LuckyCat
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: The Sacred Land
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Post by LuckyCat » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:If they're gonna leave any filler intact, I'd like to keep the full Vegetto vs Buu fight, and Supreme Kai's filler explanation of Kid Buu vs the 5 Supreme Kais
I will bet you six dragon balls that they keep both those scenes in. Kai 2.0 shortens episodes by making people speak faster and cutting out pausing time. It's very rare that they will cut out an entire scene unless they plan to insert it later.

As for this episode, I thought it was great. I thought there was a least one new track when Gohan fought Buu. Can anyone confirm that?
Cipher wrote:The first and last word on Super's animation problems and why they exist.
(Have we transcended language to the point where we only communicate in YouTube links now? The talking has already been done for us.)

User avatar
TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1200
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Post by TheRed259 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:21 pm

LuckyCat wrote:I thought there was a least one new track when Gohan fought Buu. Can anyone confirm that?
There was no new track.

User avatar
Cold Skin
I Live Here
Posts: 2238
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: France

Re: Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:45 am

LuckyCat wrote: As for this episode, I thought it was great. I thought there was a least one new track when Gohan fought Buu. Can anyone confirm that?
Yeah, there was a brand new track when Gohan fights Boo.

User avatar
NinjaGoku
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:17 pm

Re: Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Post by NinjaGoku » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Could it be possible that we will hear (or perhaps have heard) a piece that will be in the new movie?

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6088
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Post by Ajay » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:35 pm

NinjaGoku wrote:Could it be possible that we will hear (or perhaps have heard) a piece that will be in the new movie?
I sincerely hope not.
Follow me on Twitter! // Super Animation Catalogue
[url=https://twitter.com/Yuyucow][b]kViN[/b][/url][i] on Tadayoshi Yamamuro[/i] wrote:
A fun drawing killed his family and now his life's goal is to oppress them all.

User avatar
Cold Skin
I Live Here
Posts: 2238
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: France

Re: Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:47 pm

Cold Skin wrote:
LuckyCat wrote: As for this episode, I thought it was great. I thought there was a least one new track when Gohan fought Buu. Can anyone confirm that?
Yeah, there was a brand new track when Gohan fights Boo.
Actually, I was probably wrong on that one, because I just watched Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks VS Boo and the rock track was apparently already used there.
So, that would mean no new track, then. Just like TheRed259 said.

User avatar
DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1166
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:44 am
Location: Midlands, UK

Re: Kai Episode 142 (15 February 2015)

Post by DBZ_Lee » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:56 pm

I liked this episode, mainly because I love the fight between Gohan & Buu. 18 episodes remain - 9 episodes worth of Z to remove.

Post Reply