Super Episode 13 (04 October 2015)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ajay

Re: Super Episode 13 (04 October 2015)

Post by Ajay » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:36 pm

That was a very good episode. I have very little negative to say, really, but I'll get it out of the way: the beam struggle extended for far too long. Super has had real issues with maintaining intensity, and its extended power-ups and struggles don't help. Fortunately, it was a tiny portion of the episode.

Yuya Takahashi delivered a Shida-esque cut towards the end of the episode that looked great. It's a shame it was so short, but it looks like next week has a couple of tricks up its sleeve, too (though there was that first cut that looked awful). I can almost forgive last week's total lack of motion! God, you have no idea how happy it made me finally see genuine motion. Our first cut of genuinely impressive animation in Super. It's a mini-lankmark!

In terms of structure, I really enjoyed the little cutaways. Mr Satan believing his "power of love" saved the day was absolutely perfect. That's just the right way to use that character without feeling like an unnecessary cutaway. Great stuff.

The new ending animation was surprisingly sweet. After initially disliking what I heard, I have to admit that the song has definitely grown on me. I love everyone's faces in their cars -- Piccolo and Vegeta, especially.

This love-hate relationship with Super is fun. I'm excited to watch this all back in a year's time and see how I feel then. Bring on next week!
Last edited by Ajay on Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Raizel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Raizel » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:36 pm

For a moment I wanted to see Whis goes mad :twisted:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:38 pm

Ajay wrote: Our first cut of genuinely impressive animation in Super. It's a mini-lankmark!
First? Are you forgetting episode 2? That part where the little yellow alien kills the big dinosaur.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:39 pm

Hmm I was watching on my tablet so I couldn't tell, but did the next episode really reming people of episode 5 art? :sick:

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:39 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Must say I am impressed on the end fight the movements were smooth especially the last part was movie tier by toei standards. So is it legit that Goku can now survive in space? Oh and it seems Beerus nullified the shockwave that was supposedly going to be the end of the universe lol.
Is it just me or did 100% Goku and 100% Beerus didnt look like the gap between them was that big at all, loved the part when Beerus was being "wtf how can u hit me if your god form ran out of juice" not looking forward to the next ep tbh, the fight on the preview looked like ep5 tier.
Except Beerus didn't use his full power against Goku.
He kinda did, he said so himself then later Goku said so as well, on the movie both of them stated that they were holding back. Its either you believe what Beerus said or not.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:40 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Must say I am impressed on the end fight the movements were smooth especially the last part was movie tier by toei standards. So is it legit that Goku can now survive in space? Oh and it seems Beerus nullified the shockwave that was supposedly going to be the end of the universe lol.
Is it just me or did 100% Goku and 100% Beerus didnt look like the gap between them was that big at all, loved the part when Beerus was being "wtf how can u hit me if your god form ran out of juice" not looking forward to the next ep tbh, the fight on the preview looked like ep5 tier.
Except Beerus didn't use his full power against Goku.
He kinda did, he said so himself then later Goku said so as well, on the movie both of them stated that they were holding back. Its either you believe what Beerus said or not.
Not according to Herms and I'm certainly going to take his word over anyone else's.

https://twitter.com/Herms98
Last edited by Birusu16 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:40 pm

Retan wrote:Hmm I was watching on my tablet so I couldn't tell, but did the next episode really reming people of episode 5 art? :sick:
Ewww, not even close.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:40 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Ajay wrote: Our first cut of genuinely impressive animation in Super. It's a mini-lankmark!
First? Are you forgetting episode 2? That part where the little yellow alien kills the big dinosaur.
No, that wasn't particularly memorable. I mean, the fire was nice and the flip was well animated, but it was hardly anything I'd call "impressive".
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:42 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Retan wrote:Hmm I was watching on my tablet so I couldn't tell, but did the next episode really reming people of episode 5 art? :sick:
Ewww, not even close.

Oh thank goodness.

Also Satan is hilarious!! :lol:

derpgoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by derpgoku » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Raizel wrote:For a moment I wanted to see Whis goes mad :twisted:
Lol,me to because he is the only guy who is calm about everything.
when picolo grabed him i though he would say" don't touch me you weaklings" ,and then vaporize him with a ki blast,now that i think have we ever seen whis use ki blasts?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:43 pm

I don't know how many times Goku has used the Kamehameha in this arc. He probably used it more times in this entire arc than he did in Dragon Ball Z's entirety, Jesus Christ.

Dogasu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dogasu » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:44 pm

The only thing I didn't really like about this episode (and the last one, really) was how the entire universe is supposed to be in this grave danger and yet they only ever showed us the reaction in Satan City and Kaioshin's realm. There's no sense of scale to this at all.

I know that doing updated character designs and making new backgrounds for all those different locations takes time and money but it really would have gone a long way in making the battle of Gods seem like the big deal that everyone's been hyping it up to be.
Sandubadear wrote:What was Satan bribing Whis with? Thought it was his autograph but it's probably something about food.
A voucher for an all-you-can-eat buffet anywhere in the country.
Last edited by Dogasu on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on June 9th, 2022

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:45 pm

It would've been nice to see Whis bitch slap Piccolo, sending him across the ocean. sigh.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

derpgoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by derpgoku » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:46 pm

Dogasu wrote:The only thing I didn't really like about this episode (and the last one, really) was how the entire universe is supposed to be in this grave danger and yet they only ever showed us the reaction in Satan City and Kaioshin's realm. There's no sense of scale to this at all.

I know that doing updated character designs and making new backgrounds for all those different locations takes time and money but it really would have gone a long way in making the battle of Gods seem like the big deal that everyone's been hyping it up to be.
Sandubadear wrote:What was Satan bribing Whis with? Thought it was his autograph but it's probably something about food.
A voucher for an all-you-can-eat buffet anywhere on Earth.
They showed planets geting vaporized ,and stars going supernovas ,it wasn't only with the satan city and the kaioshin's relam.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Besides it wouldn't be a good look for the hero goku to show people on other planets being destroyed.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
Not according to Herms and I'm certainly going to take his word over anyone else's.

By all means pls do, at the end of the day I'm pretty sure he got delayed and didnt wait for Beerus to finish what he was saying, true he said that after nullifying the universal shockwave but later said now he doesnt care anymore and just wants to beat Goku no matter how uncool he looks, I guess u dont know what "haku pacento" means.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:49 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:

By all means pls do, at the end of the day I'm pretty sure he got delayed and didnt wait for Beerus to finish what he was saying, true he said that after nullifying the universal shockwave but later said now he doesnt care anymore and just wants to beat Goku no matter how uncool he looks, I guess u dont know what "haku pacento" means.
I certainly will. He's pretty much the best translator (or at least one of the best) this site has to offer.

Dogasu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dogasu » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:51 pm

derpgoku wrote:They showed planets geting vaporized ,and stars going supernovas ,it wasn't only with the satan city and the kaioshin's relam.
I'm talking more about reactions of people in other cities on Earth (Upa's village, Karin's Tower, West City, etc.), or reactions on planets like Namek.

Showing a floating rock in space we know nothing about (is it even inhabited?) being vaporized isn't the same thing at all.
Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on June 9th, 2022

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:54 pm

My stream was lagging so I missed about half the episode, but it looked ok. What happened that the universe didn't explode?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

derpgoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by derpgoku » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:55 pm

Sandubadear wrote:My stream was lagging so I missed about half the episode, but it looked ok. What happened that the universe didn't explode?
beerus nullifyied the shockwave that would destroy it ,i think.