Super Episode 13 (04 October 2015)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Super Episode 13 (04 October 2015)

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:40 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote: Japanese broadcast version IS the uncut version, this is what you'll get for home releases, they won't add blood for it. Laws are much more strict than in 80's and 90's.
Still doesn't make sense, because One Piece airs after Super and has blood here and there, when it needs to have.

Its stupid that Super doesn't have any so far.
A little blood in Super won't make any kid become a murderer. People should stop treating kids like they are retards.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:41 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:
Draconic wrote:Something that is really nitpicky but started to bug me is the way Goku starts wiping his chin after being punched in the face, but there is no blood. I guess I have OCD or something, but it really annoys me. The only thing I can think of why they are doing it is because the DVDs/BluRays will probably have a uncut version, with blood in all those scenes (and those of Beerus getting cut and maybe Goku being pierced by Beerus). Dragon Ball was never shy about blood, even during the silliest and childish parts of the original, so I really hope we get that rectified. I understand that it's pretty much a morning cartoon, but weren't people in Japan less sensitive to this kind of stuff?
Japanese broadcast version IS the uncut version, this is what you'll get for home releases, they won't add blood for it. Laws are much more strict than in 80's and 90's.
Then that just sucks :thumbdown: ... I will keep up hope, though. You never know :cry:
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Froggy

Post by Froggy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:14 pm

Doctor. wrote:But Goku isn't Vegeta's greatest enemy. He isn't an enemy at all.
i never wrote any names, i was talking generally.
you can find many examples in historical and modern leaders of any culture.
Draconic wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:
Draconic wrote:Something that is really nitpicky but started to bug me is the way Goku starts wiping his chin after being punched in the face, but there is no blood. I guess I have OCD or something, but it really annoys me. The only thing I can think of why they are doing it is because the DVDs/BluRays will probably have a uncut version, with blood in all those scenes (and those of Beerus getting cut and maybe Goku being pierced by Beerus). Dragon Ball was never shy about blood, even during the silliest and childish parts of the original, so I really hope we get that rectified. I understand that it's pretty much a morning cartoon, but weren't people in Japan less sensitive to this kind of stuff?
Japanese broadcast version IS the uncut version, this is what you'll get for home releases, they won't add blood for it. Laws are much more strict than in 80's and 90's.
Then that just sucks :thumbdown: ... I will keep up hope, though. You never know :cry:
I'm still keeping my hopes for getting an uncensored version at some point with longer and better fights that will feel like a true continuation of dbz.
but as we all know its the televised edition (original uncut) and morning cartoon so dont expect much.

i still dont know why they chose to make it a sunday morning cartoon, dragon ball franchise can easily get the rating for an evening time-slot.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Avery wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Re: declaration line

There was an amusing one in Movie 7 where he says something about Gokû being a thing of his (his prey?). I think it was "Kakarrotto wa ore no mono da!"? But yeah, a declaration line in Super with where they are now would make that evening for me. X3
Oh, that infamous, misunderstood-by-fangirls line :lol:
Now I just need to see how will they handle Goku bringing up "MY BULMAAA!" in this version.
I imagine Gokû poking fun of Vegeta's "MY BULMA!" will still happen. Speaking of fangirls/boys(?) there's some obvious anonymous VegeBul shippers on Super's staff. That ship's had more fansevice the past two months than they have for all of Z's run.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:48 pm

Image.
I just hope that we don't get another episode 5 bullshit.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Sodhi wrote:Image.

Oh! I get it now! So that "Beerus-sama you shouldn't understimate the power of the humans" was a laughable sub error.

Anyway that would be a thing that TOEI Goku would say or you think that Toriyama Goku would say the same?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:19 pm

TheRed259 wrote:The ROF style in this episode's animation was quite obvious imo.
Nice catch. The last two images are eerily identical.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:19 pm

Goku's "I'm me." line is pretty interesting. It may be something weird when taken out of context, but it's pretty interesting to consider when you take into account that Beerus has been referring to him as "Super Saiyan God", not "Goku", the entire fight, and the moment the SSG power disappears, everyone takes Goku's loss for granted.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:24 pm

Doctor. wrote:Goku's "I'm me." line is pretty interesting. It may be something weird when taken out of context, but it's pretty interesting to consider when you take into account that Beerus has been referring to him as "Super Saiyan God", not "Goku", the entire fight, and the moment the SSG power disappears, everyone takes Goku's loss for granted.
Wow I never even thought of this . You brought up a great point. If they can sense Goku's Ki, then dont they know how strong he has gotten. I mean they should atleast be a little more confident about Goku's new power then it displayed in episode 13.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:39 pm

So is Yamamuro(sp?) going to pop up from time time for the key episodes like this? Would really be nice if he was involved more. But I guess he is on DB burn out after all the work he did on Resurrection "F".

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:50 pm

Sodhi wrote:Image.
It doesn't look as bad as episode 5, and it's only noticeable if you pause the video and go frame by frame, while in episode 5 it was noticeable without pausing.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:53 pm

We really need to stop picking on in-betweens. I thought the animation in the preview looked quite good.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Cipher wrote:We really need to stop picking on in-betweens. I thought the animation in the preview looked quite good.
This is not an in-between, this kind of bad drawing is all over the place and very noticeable in the preview. It concerns me, I hope it gets improved by the time episode airs.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:05 pm

Sodhi wrote:
Cipher wrote:We really need to stop picking on in-betweens. I thought the animation in the preview looked quite good.
This is not an in-between, this kind of bad drawing is all over the place and very noticeable in the preview. It concerns me, I hope it gets improved by the time episode airs.
It's only in very fast moving scenes, and I only noticed it when pausing and going frame by frame. It's not fair to criticize the animation that way because it's not meant to be viewed like that.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:46 pm

Anybody else disappointed Beerus used 100% in this battle? I liked the air of mystery his "true power" held at the end of BoG. Like, after all that, Goku was still nowhere near his level. Now, they're almost even. We've seen Beerus in his peak so soon. =/
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:50 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Anybody else disappointed Beerus used 100% in this battle? I liked the air of mystery his "true power" held at the end of BoG. Like, after all that, Goku was still nowhere near his level. Now, they're almost even. We've seen Beerus in his peak so soon. =/
Watch how they'll say he was bullshitting the entire time.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:53 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Anybody else disappointed Beerus used 100% in this battle? I liked the air of mystery his "true power" held at the end of BoG. Like, after all that, Goku was still nowhere near his level. Now, they're almost even. We've seen Beerus in his peak so soon. =/
I am, but maybe just maybe he is lying as that can't be the power that took away that energy thing that was going to destroy all the universe... or is it? :think:
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:57 pm

I feel several things are going to be contradicted in the Uni 6 arc.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

ACCloud
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ACCloud » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:08 pm

Yay, the first episode in weeks that I've really enjoyed!

I still think the battle was better (both from a character and choreography perspective) in BoG, but this episode had some nice animation and interaction between Goku and Beerus. I love the exchange about the headbutt ("That isn't flashy!" "It hurts though, right?"), the sequence where SSJ Goku keeps interrupting Beerus, and Goku's 'I'm me' line was really nice (particularly for the reason that Doctor. mentioned above). That last bit of animation was really amazing too - just a shame that the music really ruined it for me (that synth theme needs to go away).

But the best part was the character interactions - everyone felt 100% in-character for the first time in a while! Mr Satan was fantastic, Gohan got a really nice moment, Goten crying while Videl comforts him, Piccolo grabbing Whis, Vegeta having confidence in Goku - heck, even Mr. Satan's entourage got a scene, and didn't feel like a waste of time (ala Pilaf Gang).

The start was a bit slow though - Goku and Beerus struggling while yelling at each other has gotten very old. But still, really good episode in my opinion :D