Super Episode 13 (04 October 2015)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Super Episode 13 (04 October 2015)

Post by Hujio » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:25 pm

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Super episode 13, aired 04 October 2015

悟空よ、超サイヤ人ゴッドを越えてゆけ!
Gokū yo, Sūpā Saiya-jin Goddo o Koete Yuke!
Goku, Go Surpass Super Saiyan God!

Summary:
In the Kaioshin Realm, East Kaioshin is surprised to see that the universe is still intact, but Elder Kaioshin says that the clash between Beerus and Goku’s power is just getting started. Above Earth, Goku’s Kamehameha struggles against Beerus’ energy ball, and Goku gets pushed back. Elder Kaioshin explains that the clash of the two’s power creates “super high-density energy” which will destroy the universe if it gets out of hand. The destructive shockwaves from the clash continue to spread throughout the entire planet: Satan City, the resort island, etc. On the cruise ship, Mister Satan watches the images of the battle Whis is projecting from his staff, and wonders if this is the end of the world. Whis says that they didn’t expect Super Saiyan God to be this powerful. Even if Beerus destroys Goku’s energy, the Earth and several neighboring planets will become collateral damage.

Hearing this (and thinking of Videl and his unborn grandchild), Satan begs Whis to use his “magic” to protect them, or at least to try and stop the fight, but Whis says he cannot do either. Satan quickly draws up a pass to eat anywhere in the country to try and bribe Whis into helping them, but though Whis is sorely tempted, he ultimately refuses. Out in space, Goku and Beerus’ beam struggle finally results in a gigantic explosion. Seeing this down on the cruise ship, Satan and Gohan both rush to protect Videl. The explosion produces a blinding flash of light, but when it clears everything is still fine. Satan is confident that his “power of love” produced a miracle that saved the world. No sooner has he said this than he receives a phone call from his manager, Piza.

Back in Satan’s mansion, Piza and co. are being flooded with calls. Satan tells them he’s saved the world and that they should prepare a press conference, and an autograph signing session to boot. Meanwhile, Whis thinks to himself that Beerus must have chosen “that method”. Up in space, Goku is breathing heavily while Beerus is fine. Beerus explains that he “nullified” all the energy present, which required using 100% of his power. Goku realizes this means Beerus had still been holding back his full power up until then. Beerus explains how he had continued to hold back because it would look bad for a god to use his full power against a mere Saiyan, but at this point he’d rather go all-out than lose the fight. Even if it means looking bad, he’ll use his full power to prove beyond a doubt that he’s overwhelmingly stronger than Goku. Despite this declaration from Beerus, Goku still seems awfully calm, and Beerus asks if he still has something up his sleeve, or some sort of strategy, but Goku says he’s got absolutely nothing.

The two power up and start fighting once more, and Goku is amazed that Beerus’ punches are far more powerful than they were just five minutes ago. Beerus says that Goku is more powerful now too, and both declare that they’re fighting at 100%. After a while though, Beerus notices a change in Goku, and thinks to himself that time is up. Goku has reverted back to being a regular Super Saiyan, though he hasn’t noticed it yet. Down on the cruise ship, Piccolo, Goten, and the others can now sense Goku’s ki, and realize this means he’s no longer a Super Saiyan God. Though Whis assumes the battle is decided, Piccolo insists that Goku hasn’t lost yet. Back in the fight, Beerus is shocked when Goku is still able to land a few blows. He points out to Goku that he’s no longer Super Saiyan God, but says Goku has “fully merged” with that power and made it his own. Goku says that he’s still him, no matter what, and the battle continues.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 13 (04 October 2015)

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:13 pm

What was Satan bribing Whis with? Thought it was his autograph but it's probably something about food.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:24 pm

Still pretty meh overall. Half the episode was dull, but the other half seemed to be more interesting. I'm starting to see the formula of how they'll drag out fight scenes necessarily long. Looking forward more to Herms posts.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:25 pm

The episode seemed pretty good, but I'll have to wait until subs are out for a more accurate statement about that, due to the second part of the episode being more dialogue driven. I spotted some very nice cuts in terms of animation and choreography towards the end.

derpgoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by derpgoku » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:26 pm

The first part was beam struggel, as excepted,the second part is the part when it starts being really good, we got some good fighting scene + good animation ,it gets better with ssjgoku vs beerus , and i really want to know what picolo said to whis when he grabed him,this could be another ep 11 if it wasn't for the first part being dragged too much

Oh ,nice new ED by the way
Last edited by derpgoku on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raizel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Raizel » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:28 pm

New ending seems nice.Episode is eh I can't tell much without subtitles.

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:28 pm

plot 2/10
animation 8/10 (finally a fight that didn't have derp moments)
fight 7/10

overall something like 2.5/5, or 3/5

the new ending's scenes were good, but song was mediocre

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:28 pm

Must say I am impressed on the end fight the movements were smooth especially the last part was movie tier by toei standards. So is it legit that Goku can now survive in space? Oh and it seems Beerus nullified the shockwave that was supposedly going to be the end of the universe lol.
Is it just me or did 100% Goku and 100% Beerus didnt look like the gap between them was that big at all, loved the part when Beerus was being "wtf how can u hit me if your god form ran out of juice" not looking forward to the next ep tbh, the fight on the preview looked like ep5 tier.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:29 pm

*Waves bye-bye to ssjg mode* Farewell adorable ssjg Gokû, it was nice while it lasted. A good chunk of Whis and Beerus explaining things; *will patiently await translations of those explanations to see how they differ from the movie if any.*

ED's animation did have new stuff (hey there F designs) without being too recap-y. Cheap way to save on animation by blocking out half the screen during the credits, but oh well. ^^;
Last edited by Chuquita on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:30 pm

Hey, sexy things... how's the 2nd ending like?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:30 pm

Pretty good episode. Satan & Whis was fun and the end skirmish with Goku & Beerus was good too as I was getting tired of the beam struggles... It's nice to see good ol' regular Super Saiyan again. And I really liked the new ending as well.

All around it was a good watch.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:30 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:he fight on the preview looked like ep5 tier.
I noticed that too, but they have corrected the previews in the next episode. today's animation was good, hope they keep it up.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:30 pm

That seemed like a good episode to me, not much happened in the first half but it picked up in the second half. There looked to be quite a few interesting conversations about the God form and Super Saiyan which I'll be eager to read about.

I liked the new ED too.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:31 pm

derpgoku wrote:The first part was beam struggel, as excepted,the second part is the part when it starts being really good, we got some good fighting scene + good animation ,it gets better with ssjgoku vs beerus , and i really want to know what picolo said to whis when he grabed him,this could be another ep 11 if it wasn't for the first part being dragged too much
if my memory serves me right I think he said the fight isnt over yet because Whis seems to be sure that it is so he was preparing to leave.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:32 pm

Great episode!!! I'm always happy to see more Mr. Satan. Was that Piza he was talking to on the phone?? if so, that is sheer genius, and I really hope we see more of Karoni & Piroshiki, too. Also, I loved the new ED and theme song.

All in all, another excellent & fun filled episode!!. With so much more to look forward to, along with Freeza's resurrection and the Universe 6 Arc, there's so much more to be excited about!!.

EDIT: I totally forgot we saw Piza, Karoni & Piroshiki right at the start of the Series - but I still want more interaction between them & Mr. Satan :thumbup:
Last edited by DBZ_Lee on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retan
Temporarily Banned

Post by Retan » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:32 pm

Decent episode, next episode could be good, but will probably be the final beam struggle, with 1/4 being good fight scenes and another 1/4 being staring and pushing the next arc. :lol:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:34 pm

Meh episode.

They really need to work on the script. I already lost count how many times Goku said "Beerus-sama" and Goku/Beerus said "Super Saiyan God". I just know it was too many.

The part where Piccolo holds Whis was kinda intense. I love how Vegeta still believes in Goku.
I also loved when Gohan broke the ariship mirror and goes protect his wife. First good moment for Gohan.

It's also entertaining how Satan filler students are getting cameos.

Shida epicness is always welcome. <3

And like I expected the new ending doesn't even come close to the first one.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:34 pm

A decent episode, but it could have been more than it was. The fight choreography was good, but I was really bummed they decided to retain SSJ Goku from BOG instead of him just fighting in his base form, or better yet, keeping the SSJG form until the end of the fight. Mr Satan's banter with Whis was pretty entertaining by the looks of it. But the new ED, yeah, not a fan of it. The song just doesn't cut it for me. But the animation for it, and for the episode as a whole in fact, was really good. And I also appreciate the spoiler given about the Z-Warriors seeming getting together for a barbecue of some sort prior to the ROF arc. It looked really cool.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:34 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Must say I am impressed on the end fight the movements were smooth especially the last part was movie tier by toei standards. So is it legit that Goku can now survive in space? Oh and it seems Beerus nullified the shockwave that was supposedly going to be the end of the universe lol.
Is it just me or did 100% Goku and 100% Beerus didnt look like the gap between them was that big at all, loved the part when Beerus was being "wtf how can u hit me if your god form ran out of juice" not looking forward to the next ep tbh, the fight on the preview looked like ep5 tier.
Except Beerus didn't use his full power against Goku.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:35 pm

Good episode overall. Animation and art was really good and the ending was much better than I thought it would be. Music was fine. 8.5/10
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.