Super Episode 13 (04 October 2015)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Super Episode 13 (04 October 2015)

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:34 pm

FuriusMarius wrote:I really enjoyed the chapter, good drawing, good animation. I like more the Ssj God in Super than in BoG, the combat is better too. The only bad point is the combat music while Goku is in Super Saiyan... is just horrible... Same problem with opening, lacks power in the voice... if u put the song Hero over... is just better...

Check it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbDjhBsJmeA
Amazing remake! I love it! :D
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:30 pm

That tweaked OP was pretty nicely done. I agree that the way Kazuya Yoshii sings Chōzetsu ☆ Dynamic! leaves a little something to be desired in the "power" department, but I still like the song. As much as I love "Hero" though, I would have hated for Super's OP to have been recycled. Super absolutely needed it's own identity.

I could just imagine the bitching if they really had recycling a song. Along with content that's already a retelling, half the fanbase would have be complaining that nothing in the series was original.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:44 pm

DBS has great animations and effects so far but poor storyline. I hope that collecting the Super Dragon Balls will introduce new universes and new characters. I'm not interested in seeing fights where Goku and Beerus power-up and then do a single punch, then repeat the same thing for the next 5 mins. What happened to strategy, technique, martial arts, and adventure? Has Akira Toriyama forgotten what made DB so good in the beginning? Goku has become so strong that it makes the other characters inadequate and unnecessary. They can't even participate in anything but just become the audience.

At this rate, I prefer Dragon Ball Multiverse as a sequel than DBS. At least characters had a chance to win using brains not just brawn.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:49 pm

One thing I have been thinking about lately. We've been getting on Super's case for being a re-telling of something that was already good enough on it's own, and for pacing issues...but doesn't that just make it similar to the original Dragon Ball Z anime? I mean, THAT anime padded things out unnecessarily too, and THAT anime also made some changes to the original script, for better or worse. At the very least, I can't imagine that Bulma fighting crabs on Planet Namek didn't get JUST as much criticism by manga fans at the time IT was first aired. And certainly not Episode 163, which involved this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd89Ayp449w

Only for Episode 164 to contradict ALL of that by having this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhYBejWTKco&t=0m50s

Gosh...maybe we HAVE been getting something exactly like the parent show. Heck, maybe Dragon ball just stinks period :lol: ? Kidding of course, but still, I think it's interesting to think about, as we keep watching Drag-On Ball Super.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:23 pm

Fionordequester wrote:One thing I have been thinking about lately. We've been getting on Super's case for being a re-telling of something that was already good enough on it's own, and for pacing issues...but doesn't that just make it similar to the original Dragon Ball Z anime? I mean, THAT anime padded things out unnecessarily too, and THAT anime also made some changes to the original script, for better or worse. At the very least, I can't imagine that Bulma fighting crabs on Planet Namek didn't get JUST as much criticism by manga fans at the time IT was first aired. And certainly not Episode 163, which involved this...

Gosh...maybe we HAVE been getting something exactly like the parent show. Heck, maybe Dragon ball just stinks period :lol: ? Kidding of course, but still, I think it's interesting to think about, as we keep watching Drag-On Ball Super.
Z had the novelty and excuse of being the first time this portion of the manga was adapated and, like many series, ran concurently with the source material so padding out and filler is to be expected. BoG isn't a manga, it was designed as a movie and was told as a movie. It doesn't have the novelty of being the first time we're seeing this story animated nor is it a slave to the manga. The team behind it conciously chose to make it the way it is instead of looking to Mystical Adventure as inspiration for how you take the highlights of an arc and craft a great re-telling of stuff we already had in the manga and animated.

It doesn't even have the excuse of being the extended cut of BoG because Toei already gave us a real extended cut anyway.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:42 pm

Fionordequester wrote:One thing I have been thinking about lately. We've been getting on Super's case for being a re-telling of something that was already good enough on it's own, and for pacing issues...but doesn't that just make it similar to the original Dragon Ball Z anime? I mean, THAT anime padded things out unnecessarily too, and THAT anime also made some changes to the original script, for better or worse. At the very least, I can't imagine that Bulma fighting crabs on Planet Namek didn't get JUST as much criticism by manga fans at the time IT was first aired. And certainly not Episode 163, which involved this...

Gohan fought Vegeta and then next episode he was clean without a scratch and willing to shake hands with him

That was one retarded filler :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:55 pm

Overall I still prefer BoG so far.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:18 pm

Filler like that is why I'm so happy Kai existed and cut that shit out. What bullshit contradictory filler that was.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:12 pm

I was hoping for Blue ssj god. Felt like not much happened. Also the reason Goku and Beerus aren't at risk of ending the universe now eludes me.....can anyone explain to me? I think I had bad subs. Apparently it's because it's a normal brawl now is what I got and that doesn't really seam legit to me....this is why we need simulcast!!
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:58 pm

Why does the anime at such unnecessary dialugue and translations that differs from the movie and the manga for lol, looks like the Movies and the manga chapters would gone better in the upcoming future lol while the original manga of DB and the original DBZ anime where nearly as good as eachother regardelles of fillers atleast there was some respect for the side characters positions in the rankings.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:52 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:That tweaked OP was pretty nicely done. I agree that the way Kazuya Yoshii sings Chōzetsu ☆ Dynamic! leaves a little something to be desired in the "power" department, but I still like the song. As much as I love "Hero" though, I would have hated for Super's OP to have been recycled. Super absolutely needed it's own identity.

I could just imagine the bitching if they really had recycling a song. Along with content that's already a retelling, half the fanbase would have be complaining that nothing in the series was original.
Yeah, I love Chozentsu Dynamic, but I really hope that once F ends we get a new OP with more energy and excitement to it.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:36 pm

sp3cial1 wrote:this has been driving me crazy. No group has uploaded a version with the "new ED" translated. I have been waiting for the dragonteam to make it but, they are still 2 weeks behind. Can anyone here help me to understand it, or transcribe it. That would be wonderful.
Check out the official announcement thread, Bonus Stage posted the lyrics there.

DragonTeam claimed they expect to be up to date before episode 14 airs, so who knows..

Gmez9

Post by Gmez9 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:05 am

I wish I could share information that all fans would be upset about. The biggest controversial legend. Unfortunately, I have the scripts for one of the abandoned projects... It will be out one day, but in the meantime we as fans must show support to current dragonball. For the most part it is good to be apart of the site, and I will hint around about information I get from contacts as I know more than the average fan having friends in different companies. Well, everything that is a greenlight. Other things I will just let it surface. This site seems like you rather hear it from the companies themselves even though they tell you what they think you should know. Sorry if this comment is off topic.

Gmez9

Post by Gmez9 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:23 am

Episode 13 was good. Episode 9 -13 really good and glad to see it pick up. I just wish they had waited for toyotaro to complete more of the manga to produce the anime because I love the manga over the anime right now. Usually for me its the other way around.

I know he (Toriyama) is trying to franchise Dragonball which he should have done years ago, but the tone is super lighthearted compared to what z was. Artstyle, beastly intimidating villains, showcase of massive collateral damage and a decent animation studio. I can't wait for universe 6 so I'm staying optimistic.

For me, Dragonball was the epitomy of action, true warrior spirit, hardcore battles with a solid story. I know it started out as a gag manga but for a series that has been sleep for 18+ years, it should be on top in terms of action. I caught an episode of one punch man the other day, and I feel that Dragonball should be treated better than that in terms of quality.

Toei really needs to get on the ball like they do for precure.

I really am curious about vegita training on how he became a ssjg and a ssjgssj.

Also, I want to see if super goes beyond the final tournament in z with uub.

I hope on everything it doesn't lead into db online.......

BeholdeR

Post by BeholdeR » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:15 pm

So far, I prefer the movie over the series. Too much drag out scenes.

Liked Vegeta in last few episode a lot tho :D Ignoring Whis like a bauss

Hoping next arc to be better!
fadeddreams5 wrote:If Gohan fights, he is 100% getting knocked the **** out.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:56 pm

Araki wrote:
sp3cial1 wrote:this has been driving me crazy. No group has uploaded a version with the "new ED" translated. I have been waiting for the dragonteam to make it but, they are still 2 weeks behind. Can anyone here help me to understand it, or transcribe it. That would be wonderful.
Check out the official announcement thread, Bonus Stage posted the lyrics there.

DragonTeam claimed they expect to be up to date before episode 14 airs, so who knows..
Hope, not expect. Expect is a little too strong for the situation.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:59 am

Gmez9 wrote:I wish I could share information that all fans would be upset about. The biggest controversial legend. Unfortunately, I have the scripts for one of the abandoned projects... It will be out one day, but in the meantime we as fans must show support to current dragonball. For the most part it is good to be apart of the site, and I will hint around about information I get from contacts as I know more than the average fan having friends in different companies. Well, everything that is a greenlight. Other things I will just let it surface. This site seems like you rather hear it from the companies themselves even though they tell you what they think you should know. Sorry if this comment is off topic.
Could you expand on this?

Battousai
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Battousai » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:43 am

Another good episode. The last episodes have been pretty good, good old' Dragon Ball is almost back. I have high expectactions for FnF Super saga.

Gmez9

Post by Gmez9 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:10 am

I was given the opportunity to read (script) of a series called Dragonball Ultimate a long time ago (which was in between the 100 years gt skipped. By Toei, and it was an abandoned project. A good series, too bad because it was better than every Dragonball title to date despite being associated with GT.

Companies do things, they move on, nobody outside will hear about a lot of things in the business industry.

It will be out one day if current Dragonball (super, heroes, other related projects) do well. They would want to cash out.

Also learned there were 5 specials planned for gt but only 2 were animated, and only 1 was put on the market.
I have seen both and read the rest.

Also, the original gt team was fired and was not the gt team we actually got for the TV series run. The first saga was supposed to be a reunion after 5 years of goku being away training uub. A tournament was being held and Goten was the star of the first saga (pre cursor to bebi saga) but goten basically wanted to prove he didn't need help from anyone to progress and grow stronger as a warrior and despised goku for leaving the fate of earth to a complete stranger rather than his own son, who has only spent little to no time with him training.

Goten wanted to take his frustrations out on uub and prove he was the better warrior, this left goku in a very serious feeling of guilt which has never been shown from him, gohan tries to calm goten down and talk about how goku is and fathers good intentions, but goten knocks gohan back because he trained with goku more and Goten goes ssj3 by everyone's surprise....... Beats the tar out of uub, mystic gohan, a cymbialt from space (or parasite) clouds in a mist around goten, and pretty much goku drove the being out of goten and self destructed with it. Before the team even got to finish, they were fired, and then we got the gt we know today.

We will never get the goten story....

As for the gt scrapped specials, I doubt we will get those.

Ultimate on the other hand, they are interested, but even more interested in super and heroes. Ultimate is basically what gt should have been but surpasses anything Dragonball in terms of action and strength. Story was a very good expansion and gave closure. But made away with the old z senshi at the end and had the neo z senshi after jyuubei saga.

The powers and battles are nothing like the display of power normal dbz has shown, and there is a ssj6 level that can answer every level of power, they cross that line literally. They stopped at 8 which was a true celestial (heavens gate saiyajin). (Cosmic)

Yes they fight in the same manner, but feels like dbz meets marvel if you will. Fighting in core of planets, suns, super massive black holes, solar systems, multi, galaxies, universe, multiverse, omni. Powerscaling is ridiculous but the story was really good. That's not the focalpoint of the story but only one aspect of it. There are no more dragonballs once in the 3rd saga (jyuubei saga) kibito, grand kaio, piccolo perform a ritual that opens the portal to oblivion (dragon universe) so all thousands of dragons can reunite to create the original dragon god Ekushiaru (in order to defeat jyuubei).

Grand kaio sealed dragonballs called "supreme dragonballs" in otherworld. The only purpose they served were to open the portal and let all the dragons out at once instead of one by one. Their dimension has cosmic properties and no mortals can enter. Piccolo and kiboto kaio merge the dragons , and his body is said to wrap around the universe. Also the earth is 1&1/3rd the size of a single eye. White with neon green pupils. When the ritual is complete, all the dragonballs in all places, other calalysts (swords, statues, etc) were turned into dust and destroyed.

They conceived goku 9 and vegita 9(false) but goku 9 became a true omnipotent at the end breaking the cycle of the 3 gods of all reality.

It will be out one day. If fans support current Dragonball (super, heroes,etc...