Super Episode 103 (13 August 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Super Episode 103 (13 August 2017)

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:26 am

Don't like this thing of automatic kamehameha's it's so much cooler when they say it!

Also I think Goku is purposely lowering his guard he keeps saying "I know" when everyone tell's him off plus we know he was "studyin" that magical girl. I mean Goku isn't a dumbass...

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:29 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Don't like this thing of automatic kamehameha's it's so much cooler when they say it!

Also I think Goku is purposely lowering his guard he keeps saying "I know" when everyone tell's him off plus we know he was "studyin" that magical girl. I mean Goku isn't a dumbass...
I liked that to, I wonder if Goku and #17 will incoperate such fighting styles in the future. Infact Goku sort of did to beat Rozie.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:38 am

Lord Frieza wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Don't like this thing of automatic kamehameha's it's so much cooler when they say it!

I liked that to, I wonder if Goku and #17 will incoperate such fighting styles in the future. Infact Goku sort of did to beat Rozie.
Right, it's pretty telling that everyone but Goku is/was worried. Even without #17 help I think Goku would have been fine, he knows what he's doing. He's in his element here.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:41 am

The manga...Lol.

Not gonna elaborate too much on my thoughts on this ep, overall this was pretty solid. Definitely not not my favorite of the bunch, but it served it's purpose. Beginning was pretty sweet seeing RiBrianne at least somewhat on the same level as 17-- I wonder if they're going to have a final rematch later down the line? The Yardrat was an absolute chad as well, thought he was gonna get ringed out by Goku.

Not much of a Gohan fan, but him getting his ass back in the action was nice to experience. And finally...Poor Gowasu. Betrayed by your star pupil to only be erased shortly after. I'll poor out some tea for you. And I have a feeling that the locket scene is going to play deeply into Gohan's supposed new transformation/technique.
Feels over Reals.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:46 am

I think Gohan's fight with the U10 fighter is one of the best of the entire tournament. And before anyone asks, I'm being completely serious.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:47 am

Basako wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote: But he could've easily did so. He knows his instant transmission and how it works, heck he used it against Cell. Why not just use it from the start and be done with. The more he plays around, the more stamina he burns?

Another thing, those ki blasts shouldn't even have any effect on him even if they did hit.
He won by using his head, challenging himself. He says why, he was learning from her, or in a way of winning her in base, in other words.

Why her Ki blasts can't have any effect in Goku base? Just because you say so? Didn't it occur to you that she may not be weak? She was selected for this tournament for a reason.
Na' don't see the logic in him challenging himself against some weak magical girl when he took on much stronger foes in the past, being put to the brink of death and so. Doesn't add up to me at all. Goku's a smart fighter, one of the best and his experience should present itself on the battlefield.

She is weak though, at least by the measuring bar Goku has set.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:51 am

I think this was the best episode so far in the current arc. I really liked Opni vs Gohan. It was a great fight, a pity it was so short. It seems that Hitto will be fighting against two pride troopers at the same time in the next episode.
SirTorra wrote: In regards to ep104 it seems dyspo isn't taking hit 1on1 but instead it'll be 2on1. Hit just won't notice that dyspo is getting help and that'll be when goku sees the little blue guy setting traps or whatever. We all know goku likes fair fights so he'll intervene to make things even. Atleast thats my take.
That's what i think it will happen in the next episode as well.
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:54 am

Botamo suddenly having his manga resistance instead of his anime ability annoyed me more than it should have. Other than that and the terribly looking Gohan vs Botamo battle (is this a trend? Goku's fight with him looked terrible too), this was a great episode. The sequence in the beginning was pretty great looking too, and Gohan vs Shadow boxer dude looked good

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:49 am

I didn't enjoy this episode as much as last weeks episode, but this was still a good episode.

Android 17 and Ribrianne battle was nice, if it felt a little repetitive. I'm just glad to see the both of them fighting seriously and going all out. I also enjoyed how Ribrianne was so focused on Android 17 that when he left to help out Goku, she followed him to the scene and kept attacking him. Nice to know that the episode didn't drop the focus between the two of them once Android 17 had change of scenario.

Goku and Rozie's fight was really cool. Especially with how Goku was studying her fighting style so that he could use it against her. That was awesome. And such a "Goku" thing to do. He was never eally in any trouble. He was just analyzing Rozie so that he could find a unique way of taking care of her trouble method of ki blast attacks. I much prefer that than taking the boring option of just turning SSJ and one-shotting. I mean, what's wrong with having a little fun?

I'm so happy that the Universe 2 Yardrat hasn't been wasted. He actually has a character, is helping his teammates and his eliminating other opponents. Nice job Toei. I'm glad you didn't drop the ball on that one.

I think Toriyama put himself into a corner by giving Botamo the abilities that he has. It really limits how he can fight and how people can fight against him. I think Toei just went "fuck it" and bent the rules so Gohan could eliminate him. It looks like Gohan was striking him up upward to create some kind of momentum that would force Botamo to hover above the ground and sustained that force by then kicking him in the air and hitting him with a Kamehameha. It's kind of annoying, to be honest that Toei would take such a basic route with eliminating Botamo. But I'm not much invested into Botamo so it doesn't bother me much.

Rubalt's fight against Piccolo was good. But that was mostly for the return of the Hellzone Grenade. Love that attack.

The best part of the episode was Obuni vs Gohan. It was extremely well animated, incorporated a great amount of battle smarts and strategy, had a satisfying conclusion and provided a very good context for Obuni's character (how much he respected Gohan as a fighter, stating what he's fighting for and the responsibility he carries for his universe).

The whole erasure of Universe 10 was quite depressing. Nobody was freaking out like some of Universe 9 were. All of the fighters were all so sad they let their universe down. And Gowasu just accepted his fate while still commending his fighters for their effort and supporting them. The real punch to the gut was seeing the locket of Obuni's family, and then it disappear from Universe 10 being erased. It just further emphasized how Obuni was fighting for something dear to to him. Gohan's reaction as a whole just sold that whole scenario so much better. The look on Gohan's face, the silent contemplation about what he had done when he saw it all happen and that eerie moment of silence when he has quickly forget about what happen and focus on winning the tournament to save his universe. It was all so shockingly somber for Dragon Ball. The whole last five minutes felt much more downbeat than I would have thought.

I have to say this felt like an episode of two halves. The first half of the episode was okay, but felt a little dull. The second half of the episode is where things really picked up and took the quality of the episode from "somewhat boring" to "quite good".

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:53 am

Was a decent episode. I'm glad Rozie and Ribrianne weren't eliminated and are being kept around for later like Kale and Caulifla was. Ribrianne seems powerful enough considering no one she's faced including 17 and Ssj version of Vegeta has been able to top her in battle once so ever, at best they fight seemingly evenly with her.

Also people crying and complaining about Rosie using "hellzone grenade" is ridiculous. Her move is different enough to Piccolo due to her absolute control over her ki and she uses it in ways Piccolo couldn't. Vegeta's galactic gun is basically a kamehameha, along with various other moves being more or less the same in this series. For example Nappa's break cannon, to Piccolo mouth blast, to Arale N'chi cannon, and much more, yet no one's crying about that.

Obuni battle with Gohan was a great fight, which is shocking for me due to the fact I'm not a Gohan or Saiyan fanboy, and U7 going on to eliminate even more guys is slightly annoying. But despite that, and Obuni having a lackluster design imo, Obuni makes up for it with his refreshing respectful warrior like character, his great technique and fighting ability, being able to go punch for punch with Ultimate Gohan, etc. He was defeated, but it didn't feel like he was destroyed or embarrassed by Gohan, just felt like two warriors going at it until one achieved victory. I also enjoyed Gohan finding out how similar Obuni was to him, seeing Obuni family on his fallen locket, and Gowasu praising Obuni before everyone in U10 accepted there failure and fates.

The Zeno's annoy me, something has to give with them. Hopefully an argument between them that causes them to accidentally erase each other or something.
Last edited by Ilikepictures-meh on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:53 am

The episode was okay, a bit underwhelming IMO.

The fight with Ribrianne and Rozie was unfinished, I'm rather disappointed by that.

Gohan and Piccolo got a decent fight with fairly good warriors.

RIP Gowasu, one of the more decent gods in Universe 10. Even Cus was sad at his passing.

That idiot Botamo didn't last long. I'm sure Magetta will follow him.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:04 am

RedHeat wrote:The manga...Lol.
Why don't you clue us in and tell us what's funny about it ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:10 am

Do they feel any pain when erased? Seems like the best way to go haha.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:12 am

precita wrote:I think Gohan's fight with the U10 fighter is one of the best of the entire tournament. And before anyone asks, I'm being completely serious.
Gohan is my least favorite main character of the franchise but I actually agree. It was a well done fight.

I LOVED Beerus like "Dont lose...Gokus Kid"

Shows how much he really cares for everyone :lol:
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:12 am

I really wish they'd just drop trying to do the Z thing of having repeated frames over and over and actually try to do something more, like Higashide's cut this episode. At least Tate makes them interesting and expressive. The more Super will try to take from Z, the more it will suck. The best part of it's fights till now have been how different and unique they are, but now everything is the same shit we got for 20 years. Fuck that.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:15 am

Draconic wrote:I really wish they'd just drop trying to do the Z thing of having repeated frames over and over and actually try to do something more, like Higashide's cut this episode. At least Tate makes them interesting and expressive. The more Super will try to take from Z, the more it will suck. The best part of it's fights till now have been how different and unique they are, but now everything is the same shit we got for 20 years. Fuck that.
I'm okay with it as long as it's done well and if there are interesting elements that give flavour to the fights occurring at the same time.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:19 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Draconic wrote:I really wish they'd just drop trying to do the Z thing of having repeated frames over and over and actually try to do something more, like Higashide's cut this episode. At least Tate makes them interesting and expressive. The more Super will try to take from Z, the more it will suck. The best part of it's fights till now have been how different and unique they are, but now everything is the same shit we got for 20 years. Fuck that.
I'm okay with it as long as it's done well and if there are interesting elements that give flavour to the fights occurring at the same time.
The things is, most of the times it's not. It wasn't in Z and it isn't in Super. Except for Tate's work in episodes 79, 86 and this one, I haven't found any interesting bit of repeated frames since the Namek arc (including GT).
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:11 am

Draconic wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
The things is, most of the times it's not. It wasn't in Z and it isn't in Super. Except for Tate's work in episodes 79, 86 and this one, I haven't found any interesting bit of repeated frames since the Namek arc (including GT).
I liked one at the beginning of the Piccolo vs. 17 fight when we get a top-down view of Piccolo kicking 17, just before 17 retaliates.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

SuperDragoon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperDragoon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:19 am

sintzu wrote:
RedHeat wrote:The manga...Lol.
Why don't you clue us in and tell us what's funny about it ?
Probably because it's funny how people overrate the manga constantly and act like the anime is of the devil. Just a thought though.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:23 pm

I liked this episode, it was very enjoyable, had good fights in it and especially good animation! I think we can all agree on that right? Also, i am glad another universe got erased, always nice to see that, that said, the episode had some pretty emotional scenes in it which i felt were handled amazingly well!, also cute how U10 Angel Cuz seemed emotionally affected and sad by her universes and GoD's erasure. And Gohan looking down on that thing with the picture of his wife and kid, that moment was handled pretty well too! and i especially liked Gowasu telling his latest fighter that he fought well, and how he wasn't dissapointed in him. It's a nice fresh air of change as opposed to the other Gods getting all edgy and violent over their participants losing.
That said, Gohan is still improving! Amazing! Gohan doesn't need to worry about tiring himself out (unlike Goku and Vegeta who can't seem to get any stronger) Gohan has AMAZING Potential, and literally grows stronger WHILE he's fighting! He should go all out from the start, since this guy has nothing to lose and can get stronger by the minute. (Remember he trained LESS than a day to reach God Level). Unlike Goku and Vegeta who had to train for 8 years straight and reach all kinds of transformations and whatnot. Every fight Gohan is in, is both a test and a training! amazing! I love it! Along with his white beautiful mystic aura!

This episode is definitely a 9/10 for me!