Super Episode 103 (13 August 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 103 (13 August 2017)

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:25 pm

The scene with Gohan looking at Obuni's locket strengthens my belief that any erasures will be undone by the end of the tournament. I really don't see Dragon Ball having Gohan being partly responsible for an infant being erased from existence and knowing it without mashing the reset button.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:08 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:The scene with Gohan looking at Obuni's locket strengthens my belief that any erasures will be undone by the end of the tournament. I really don't see Dragon Ball having Gohan being partly responsible for an infant being erased from existence and knowing it without mashing the reset button.
I thought the same as well, I don't think they will go to the same bitter route that was the last arc ending.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:20 pm

I don't believe these universes that get erased will be gone forever. They will get wished back after Goku wins the ToP.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:27 pm

omaro34 wrote:I don't believe these universes that get erased will be gone forever. They will get wished back after Goku wins the ToP.
kind of makes it anticlimatic dont u think

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:31 pm

gofishus wrote:
omaro34 wrote:I don't believe these universes that get erased will be gone forever. They will get wished back after Goku wins the ToP.
Toriyama is known to give us good endings, not Shakespeare tragedy type ones. I don't count the Trunks arc because everyone was there in the end and he did go with his girlfriend to a time where everyone was still alive.

Dragonball has always been anticlimactic because the Dragonballs wish back and undue all the damage that's been done anyway after virtually every arc.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:57 pm

gofishus wrote:
I think with the context of this arc, an ending like would work very well.

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
gofishus wrote:
Not really, there is the possibility that the dragon can wish only 1 universe at the time and since the super dragon balls are split between universe 6 and 7 would make sense to wish back 6 first. It might take several years to wish back the other universe, but honestly the wish is basically almost written in stone at this point...

There is the possibility that the other universes simply can't be wished back, this is likely what I'd expect to happen.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
gofishus wrote:
Not really, there is the possibility that the dragon can wish only 1 universe at the time and since the super dragon balls are split between universe 6 and 7 would make sense to wish back 6 first. It might take several years to wish back the other universe, but honestly the wish is basically almost written in stone at this point...

There is the possibility that the other universes simply can't be wished back, this is likely what I'd expect to happen.
I'd think they would take the third option and resurrect all of the universes destroyed by Zeno and merge them into one universe and create "mega universe". Or better yet, merge all of the destroyed universe at Zeno's hand into Universe 7, including the other 6 universe Zeno previously destroyed before the Tournament Of Power, and automatically raise the mortal level of Universe 7 to the acceptable standard. And it would serve as a great way expand the universe, especially given the whole "28 planets of life" deal, and the lore of Dragon Ball would branched out to such a degree that the amount of stories that can be told are endless.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'd think they would take the third option and resurrect all of the universes destroyed by Zeno and merge them into one universe and create "mega universe". Or better yet, merge all of the destroyed universe at Zeno's hand into Universe 7, including the other 6 universe Zeno previously destroyed before the Tournament Of Power, and automatically raise the mortal level of Universe 7 to the acceptable standard. And it would serve as a great way expand the universe, especially given the whole "28 planets of life" deal, and the lore of Dragon Ball would branched out to such a degree that the amount of stories that can be told are endless.
That's what I think as well. The 28 planets thing is a very weird writing decision because it severely limts the scope of Universe 7 and the stories you can tell there. It's also weird that it would come up with the other circumstances in the arc. You have the Super Dragon Balls hanging there as a plot thread with no real narrative urgency. Nobody has expressed a desire to use them except 17. Then you have Grand Priest saying Zeno thinks there are too many universes in total.

Though it seems obvious to the audience, it doesn't to the characters. Nobody has considered this solution in-universe yet. It makes me wonder if that's what the Grand Priest is angling for by offering the Super Dragon Balls as a prize. Universes 11 or 7 seem like the likely winners. U11 has heroes of justice and GP knows that Goku brought the Future Zeno back from the other timeline even though he had no reason to. Either way there are good chances of such a wish being made.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:Not really, there is the possibility that the dragon can wish only 1 universe at the time and since the super dragon balls are split between universe 6 and 7 would make sense to wish back 6 first. It might take several years to wish back the other universe, but honestly the wish is basically almost written in stone at this point...

Wait a minute...

The moment U10 was nixed, Obunis necklace dissapeared as well.

'TF will happen to the SDBs if U6 or U7 are gone?
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

KameNinja45
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameNinja45 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Pluto wrote:
Daimo-Rukiri wrote:Not really, there is the possibility that the dragon can wish only 1 universe at the time and since the super dragon balls are split between universe 6 and 7 would make sense to wish back 6 first. It might take several years to wish back the other universe, but honestly the wish is basically almost written in stone at this point...

Wait a minute...

Maybe they go pay a visit to that Zalama dude?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Pluto wrote:Wait a minute...

Grand Priest has already gathered them, and if they're to be awarded to the best fighter they'd have to be immune to the whole erasure thing. After the tournament they'd probably just split to whatever universes remained.

Username2016

Post by Username2016 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:57 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Username2016 wrote:
Yeah we're asking for good animation because looking at the Future Trunks Arc the team IS capable of providing us with that kind of quality.

And no, the later half of the episode had shit animation

https://imgur.com/LtWlf19
https://imgur.com/vPM5bYF
You said the later half of the episode had terrible animation, but then proceed to show us pedestrian animation from the 1st half of the episode and nothing from the latter to prove your point. The team is certainly capable of delivering good animation, and they delivered in the second half of the episode, which had the longest animation highlight of the entire show.
Sorry got the scenes mixed up

Though, as another user pointed out it's not so much the animation but the creativity and uniqueness. Remember, when Gohan fought one of the Trio De Rangers and one of the wolves blinded Gohan so Gohan had to rely on sensing Ki?

The technique Andriod 17 used against of the transforming magical girls was a good idea (using ki as a platform). I think we've been seeing too much of "x character can't easily be seen so y character his to rely on sensing ki" too much

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:41 am

KameNinja45 wrote:Maybe they go pay a visit to that Zalama dude?
That dude better show up and beat the shit out of the nanny (GP) for spoiling his kid, which somehow ended up having two.
BlueBasilisk wrote:Grand Priest has already gathered them, and if they're to be awarded to the best fighter they'd have to be immune to the whole erasure thing. After the tournament they'd probably just split to whatever universes remained.
So, SDB are not under U6/U7 owernship, somehow? What i meant was, whatever origins from the source, gets erased in the same package.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:18 am

Don't forget about the other universes that were erased, 13-18. For all we know u7 will lose and get erased only to find out that by erased they mean sent somewhere else and not destroyed, leading to an arc of everyone trying to escape.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:12 am

Pluto wrote: So, SDB are not under U6/U7 owernship, somehow? What i meant was, whatever origins from the source, gets erased in the same package.
I think they fall under Zarama's ownership. Maybe we'll find out why they always hang out in 6 and 7 instead of any of the other universes?
sintzu wrote:
Don't forget about the other universes that were erased, 13-18. For all we know u7 will lose and get erased only to find out that by erased they mean sent somewhere else and not destroyed, leading to an arc of everyone trying to escape.
Makes sense. Earlier in the arc, someone asked Goku what he'd do if Universe 7 found itself in that dire situation and he said he'd think of something. Sounds an awful lot like foreshadowing to me. Plus one of those ads suggested a shocking, surprising or outrageous thing will happen in conjunction with Goku trying to surpass his limits and what would be more shocking than Universe 7 being erased? I feel like that might be more likely than U7 straight up winning. You expect them to win because of plot armor, but it's a great twist if they don't.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:38 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Pluto wrote: So, SDB are not under U6/U7 owernship, somehow? What i meant was, whatever origins from the source, gets erased in the same package.
I think they fall under Zarama's ownership. Maybe we'll find out why they always hang out in 6 and 7 instead of any of the other universes?
sintzu wrote:
Makes sense. Earlier in the arc, someone asked Goku what he'd do if Universe 7 found itself in that dire situation and he said he'd think of something. Sounds an awful lot like foreshadowing to me. Plus one of those ads suggested a shocking, surprising or outrageous thing will happen in conjunction with Goku trying to surpass his limits and what would be more shocking than Universe 7 being erased? I feel like that might be more likely than U7 straight up winning. You expect them to win because of plot armor, but it's a great twist if they don't.
Honestly I'm not sure if its a twist. Most of us dont even expect U7 to win because our guys havent won anything without intervention really since Buu not counting one off side villains.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:49 am

It'd be funny if U7 lose, and for strange reasons Goku is not erasable, immunizing U7.

It'd be ONLY FUNNY, nothing else.

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:09 pm

Pluto wrote:It'd be funny if U7 lose, and for strange reasons Goku is not erasable, immunizing U7.

It'd be ONLY FUNNY, nothing else.
Toribot finally comes down from the heavens and says nope to Zeno.

But that would be funny :lol:
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:06 pm

gofishus wrote:
Most of the whole series was sort of like this. :P
It would be nothing very new. DBZ pretty much made death a joke already.

I think what's really going on here in the ToP is to create a brief but huge sense of urgency to ensure every fighter is at their absolute best during this.
The angels likely know something we do not.. Even though the angels don't get erased I find it interesting they think literally nothing of their own universe getting erased. Vados practically laughed at this idea if you remember an earlier episode.

There will be some sort of excuse to have everyone exist despite having lost the ToP... This is a bet I'm sure I can win.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku