Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:50 am

Could anyone confirm that this translation is correct?

Goku really talked about Hitto getting stronger?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:54 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Could anyone confirm that this translation is correct?

Goku really talked about Hitto getting stronger?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I wouldnt be surprised if Hit is still holding back, and he gets to show new techniques if he faces either Toppo or Jiren.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:56 am

Episode could have been better imo. It's cool because Hit appears, but the parts with Goku were okish at best.

I hope Damon and Somethingarasu appear next episode already.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:06 am

Goku and Hitto's dialogue together was great as always especially at the end of the episode.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:12 am

Hitto was the highlight of the episode...i didn't give 2 shits about Goku and ssg. Hitto and dyspo were solid contributors to the episode.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:16 am

I liked the nice use of tactics in this episode. Hit learning to overcome Dyspo's speed and the soundwaves, and the little blue guy using his whips or whatever they were to save Dyspo and use them as a minefield. Decent episode overall.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:19 am

Vuvuzela! Champa is wonderful.

I noticed Dyspo attempted to pull a JoJo on Hit with that 'What you're going to say next is--' line. Fits considering.

I had fun seeing ssjg Gokû return. Let them make up whatever plot excuse they want; I don't care. I'm happy to see the form again.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:20 am

So they really pulled a Toyble here. I am glad it was for just one move with the red to blue to red switching. But it seems to unnecessary that the episode was so hyped up.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:21 am

Chuquita wrote:I noticed Dyspo attempted to pull a JoJo on Hit with that 'What you're going to say next is--' line. Fits considering.
So much JoJo this episode! Time skipping, what you're going to say next, the minefield made of strings.

I'm not one of those people who thinks everything is a JoJo reference though, these were just fun similarities, not references.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:22 am

The episode was cool, but Dragon Ball Super is such bullshit. I am so fucking sick of the lack of fucking explanations for anything in this asinine show. NO ONE even was phased that he used Super Saiyan God again, or how it is possible.

Fuck this shitty show. I may just drop it.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:22 am

It felt fresh to focus on two different characters outside U7. Hitto vs Dyspo was really awesome and one of the best single fights in the tournament so far.

SSG Goku's entrance was really really cool, but I didn't like they give him credit for a Vegeta idea (using SSB to speed up before attacking), even though the placement of that technhique was nice given the kind of character that was in front of him. I really like Dyspo, he's very interesting. And Kunshi was nice too.

The thing that I like too was the fact that they sold us a "Goku-Hitto" duo, but Goku was giving two shits about helping him, lol. That was so saiyan: "I'm not here to help you, bitch, I want to fight him." And when Hitto warned him about Kunshi's "explosive mines" techqnique, Goku again was like "shut up, who cares" tatatatatpapaptpaptaata. Crazy shit and hilarious.

Really cool episode. Champa was awesome too, with his vuvuzela! lol

NEP it's meh, but I like to see Ganos in action again (with kind of a SSJ2 power up? lol)

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:22 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote:The episode was cool, but Dragon Ball Super is such bullshit. I am so fucking sick of the lack of fucking explanations for anything in this asinine show. NO ONE even was phased that he used Super Saiyan God again, or how it is possible.

You seem to be very angry. It's just a show, calm down.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:24 am

precita wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:The episode was cool, but Dragon Ball Super is such bullshit. I am so fucking sick of the lack of fucking explanations for anything in this asinine show. NO ONE even was phased that he used Super Saiyan God again, or how it is possible.

You seem to be very angry. It's just a show, calm down.
Not to be rude, but I came here to say my piece about the episode. I made one post. I'm not trying to bother anyone.

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:27 am

The episode lived up to the hype, and by a lot.

I'm not bothered by them not explaining why SSG is back, but it's nice they brought the Manga thing to explain "Why".

No words for Hit. He's the greatest.

The OST was on point this episode. The new song that played in the last moments of the Episode was simply great.

Kinda meh on the Roshi episode coming up, but to be fair he deserves the spotlight.
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:32 am

"Impossible! How can Goku use a form that is weaker than Blue at will!"

Come on, what on Earth do they need to explain? Why does everything need to be explained? It's not even complicated or difficult to understand.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:33 am

MajinMan wrote:"Impossible! How can Goku use a form that is weaker than Blue at will!"

Come on, what on Earth do they need to explain? Why does everything need to be explained? It's not even complicated or difficult to understand.
That's not what people are complaining about. They're asking for an explanation on how he can use the form again, not why.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:39 am

So out of 10 Pride Troopers only 3 of them, Jiren/Toppo/Dyspo are on the level of Super Saiyan Blue or above.

I'm not sure what to think of the short blue guy, he did withstand a lot of attacks from Super Saiyan Blue Goku but who knows if he was holding back.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:42 am

Asura wrote:
MajinMan wrote:"Impossible! How can Goku use a form that is weaker than Blue at will!"

That's not what people are complaining about. They're asking for an explanation on how he can use the form again, not why.
My post states, "How can Goku use a form weaker than Blue at will!" So yes, I know they're questioning "how" and not "why." The answer is very simple. It's because he can control god ki now. If people are questioning how he can use SSG at will, maybe they should question how he can use SSB at will, too. Both require god ki to access. In fact, it would be a much more reasonable complaint if they questioned the "why" instead of the "how."
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:10 am

As i mentioned in another thread, the two things i didn't like at all in this episode is

1. No mention of Gowasu or sadness that Uni10 was erased. If you didn't see the previous episode, you'd never know. Kaioshin and Goku should of at least reacted a little...

2. SSG just appeared out of nowhere. While I like it's reference to the manga, it felt out of place and got almost no reaction from anyone either lol.

Other than that, it was a solid episode and really entertaining. I love how Hit always improves :D

Razz

Post by Razz » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:26 am

Can anyone explain Hit time skip? How come dyspo was domination the first half of the episode and then suddenly he started losing the grip of the fight against Hit.

Beside question , this episode was great with very amazing animation.I guessed Hit was not confused seeing the SSG form of goku.I am really hyped what is gonna happen next in tournament of power.Universe 11 is left with only 3 fighters and I hope they survive till end.