Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by Miracles » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Zagacious wrote:Hit's time skip seems to be one of his common moves, since he has used it in pretty much every battle, just because it also happens to be very powerful doesn't make it a desperate move. It took only a minor alteration to what he usually does and easily defeated Dyspo. Again you really need to watch the fight again starting from where Goku intervenes, it can't be much clearer that he wasn't necessary at all.

Goku barely did anything besides block 1 punch from Dyspo, after that he is hardly even involved. Hit not dodging every single of Dyspo's attacks doesn't mean Hit was struggling in any way. Look at the end of the fight and it is Hit who does all the damage and finishes the job. Goku sparred with Dyspo for a very brief time and they barely even attacked each other then Hit finished it. Hit took out Kunshi in pretty much one strike, and Dyspo in about 5 strikes.
Hit's time skip is anything but common. That's why Dyspo said he was going to defeat it. At first, Dyspo did defeat it, hence why Hit was so desperate that he had to resort to a trick by leading Dyspo to the edge of the ring. Then he had to feint as if he was about to use time stop, luring in Dyspo and then countering. Then he had to confuse Dyspo some more, by switching up Time skip techniques. Using either the normal time skip or the crossing dimensions feat. Hit never straight up beat Dyspo in raw ability, he really had to go out of his way to put Dyspo down cause he was pushed.

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:15 am

Jiren continues to do nothing and be boring. If he's supposed to be a main character this arc, shouldn't he get some, you know, character? Right know he seems identical to Hit: a stoic fighter who is disinterested in the tournament because he's so strong, waiting to fight Gokuu to get some passion.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:38 am

RedRibbonSoldier#42 wrote:Jiren continues to do nothing and be boring. If he's supposed to be a main character this arc, shouldn't he get some, you know, character? Right know he seems identical to Hit: a stoic fighter who is disinterested in the tournament because he's so strong, waiting to fight Gokuu to get some passion.
Maybe he isn't the the main threat or even if he is taken out as the main threat, somebody else wins..
In these scenarios there's no reason to make him anything but strong, personality dosen't matter when all he is going to do is grunt and scream..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:47 am

He might not be the main threat in the end, but he's likely the main threat of the tournament. The real big problem is his lack of screen time. Unfortunately since he's also portrayed as being above everyone else in this tournament, using him too early means him stomping most characters in an instant. It's already a downside he's got the same character archetype as Hitto, but he can't even develop any differences from Hitto regardless because of his lack of screen time.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:47 am

So I re-watched the dub of episode 24 of where Goku goes SSB, and they actually explain away the main gripe with this episode about SSG coming back.
Here's a transcript of what Goku says in the dub:"I got a taste of something called Super Saiyan God and then tapped into that power on my own and is this is the Super Saiyan level of that."
Though I'm still bothered it wasn't explained in this episode, it's good to know there was a proper explanation somewhere in the official material.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:57 am

Of course Goku can go SSJG, SSJB is the level ABOVE that, why couldn't he go back? SSJ2 never stopped him from turning SSJ1.
Srsly :P

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:00 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:Of course Goku can go SSJG, SSJB is the level ABOVE that, why couldn't he go back? SSJ2 never stopped him from turning SSJ1.
Srsly :P
A lot of people, including myself, were under the impression that SSG was a one time thing. That evidently is true as is demonstrated by that Dub line. The Japanese version was a fair bit more cryptic about whether he could go SSG again or not and thats why people were bothered.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:25 am

JazzMazz wrote:A lot of people, including myself, were under the impression that SSG was a one time thing. That evidently is true as is demonstrated by that Dub line. The Japanese version was a fair bit more cryptic about whether he could go SSG again or not and thats why people were bothered.
On the one hand, I wish he had turned SSG at some point in the Frieza fight to clarify whether or not he still could, or that they'd kept the brief second transformation at the end of BoG. But on the other, the Golden Frieza reveal doesn't work nearly as well if Goku doesn't transform into Blue first.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:30 am

The moment Hit succeeded in using that trap against Dyspo, the soundtrack reminded me of Hitman. Great moment of the episode!

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:32 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:A lot of people, including myself, were under the impression that SSG was a one time thing. That evidently is true as is demonstrated by that Dub line. The Japanese version was a fair bit more cryptic about whether he could go SSG again or not and thats why people were bothered.
On the one hand, I wish he had turned SSG at some point in the Frieza fight to clarify whether or not he still could, or that they'd kept the brief second transformation at the end of BoG. But on the other, the Golden Frieza reveal doesn't work nearly as well if Goku doesn't transform into Blue first.
I think something that lead to a lot of fans being angry that the form wasn't explained in the episode, was because it had never been used until that point and it really felt like it came out of the blue.
[spoiler]My puns are great aren't they.[/spoiler]

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:51 am

Wow. Was that Goku showing actual emotion and desperation? It's definitely refreshing.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:41 pm

AvatarReiko wrote:Wow. Was that Goku showing actual emotion and desperation? It's definitely refreshing.
You're commenting about episode that proceeds this one, right?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:13 am

My opinion on this episode still hasn't vastly changed. It's still easily the best episode of the tournament.