Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
JazzMazz
I Live Here
Posts: 2211
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:05 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
gofishus wrote:
Super's animation in general is not as 'gritty' as DBZ I find... the whole aesthetic is way more toned down for kids. I remember I showed a few episodes of Super to my DBZ fan friend and he said 'who drew this? why do they all look like kids?' the art style as a whole is quite different tonally than DBZ... u won't find much blood in Super if at all..
For reference, the designs in Super aren't toned down for a child friendly audience, they just aren't anywhere as good as the designs used in Z. In fact, the character designs for Super are the most part pretty meh at best.
Not so much the designs but rather the color palette. I guess its just the times but I definitely has that being vibrant art style that kids like now. Though the last two arcs not as much.
The colour palette is also pretty bad, while the filter is only a marginal improvement, I still don't think it's that good.

User avatar
mAcChaos
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1869
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by mAcChaos » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:50 pm

He got to keep SSG after getting it. The same way after getting SSJ from rage meant later he could tap into it normally.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7455
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by Noah » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Cetra wrote:
Noah wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Do we really don't know yet who is behind all these strips? :lol: :clap:
I swear I hate that the artist can't do a single picture without the dancing character. This is funny for one picture, then it is pure comedy inflation.
I don't know, one may think it's not funny because of that and other may think it's a trademark :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 2647
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by Miracles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:33 pm

Look how dangerous someone like Dyspo was. Forcing Hit to desperate measures. Jiren and Toppo are going to be on another level.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."~Psalm 14:1

User avatar
Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by Zagacious » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Miracles wrote:Look how dangerous someone like Dyspo was. Forcing Hit to desperate measures. Jiren and Toppo are going to be on another level.
What exactly did Hit do that was going to desperate measures? After he actually started trying Dyspo clearly had no chance, he was completely exhausted after what, 5 blows from Hit? I'm only asking because I keep seeing people say Hit was struggling against Dyspo just because Dyspo was actually able to land a few hits on him.. but after that Hit absolutely destroyed him, so I'm genuinely curious why people believe that. Goku wasn't necessary to step in, it might have actually been a more memorable fight if Goku didn't show up.

Yeah, it looked as if Hit was 'trapped' for a moment when Goku came in, but look at how he was barely even affected by their attacks after Goku showed up, and Goku wasn't even doing much, once Hit started taking it seriously they couldn't even touch him.

Dyspo's definitely no weakling, but I just think based on how the fight ended it's clear Hit is way above Dyspo. I keep seeing comments on YouTube and here like 'Hit got wrecked' and 'Hit almost lost to Dyspo!?!?!' and it just kind of makes me actually lol. People are putting way too much weight into the beginning of the fight where Hit wasn't taking it seriously.

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 2647
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by Miracles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:56 pm

Zagacious wrote:
Miracles wrote:Look how dangerous someone like Dyspo was. Forcing Hit to desperate measures. Jiren and Toppo are going to be on another level.
What exactly did Hit do that was going to desperate measures? After he actually started trying Dyspo clearly had no chance, he was completely exhausted after what, 5 blows from Hit? I'm only asking because I keep seeing people say Hit was struggling against Dyspo just because Dyspo was actually able to land a few hits on him.. but after that Hit absolutely destroyed him, so I'm genuinely curious why people believe that. Goku wasn't necessary to step in, it might have actually been a more memorable fight if Goku didn't show up.

Yeah, it looked as if Hit was 'trapped' for a moment when Goku came in, but look at how he was barely even affected by their attacks after Goku showed up, and Goku wasn't even doing much, once Hit started taking it seriously they couldn't even touch him.

Dyspo's definitely no weakling, but I just think based on how the fight ended it's clear Hit is way above Dyspo. I keep seeing comments on YouTube and here like 'Hit got wrecked' and 'Hit almost lost to Dyspo!?!?!' and it just kind of makes me actually lol. People are putting way too much weight into the beginning of the fight where Hit wasn't taking it seriously.
Hit was using Time skip with his hands out the moment he faced Dyspo. Hit was serious from start to finish and he ate the dirt with grunts and screams after blows from Dyspo.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."~Psalm 14:1

User avatar
Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by Zagacious » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:12 am

Miracles wrote:
Zagacious wrote:
Miracles wrote:Look how dangerous someone like Dyspo was. Forcing Hit to desperate measures. Jiren and Toppo are going to be on another level.
What exactly did Hit do that was going to desperate measures? After he actually started trying Dyspo clearly had no chance, he was completely exhausted after what, 5 blows from Hit? I'm only asking because I keep seeing people say Hit was struggling against Dyspo just because Dyspo was actually able to land a few hits on him.. but after that Hit absolutely destroyed him, so I'm genuinely curious why people believe that. Goku wasn't necessary to step in, it might have actually been a more memorable fight if Goku didn't show up.

Yeah, it looked as if Hit was 'trapped' for a moment when Goku came in, but look at how he was barely even affected by their attacks after Goku showed up, and Goku wasn't even doing much, once Hit started taking it seriously they couldn't even touch him.

Dyspo's definitely no weakling, but I just think based on how the fight ended it's clear Hit is way above Dyspo. I keep seeing comments on YouTube and here like 'Hit got wrecked' and 'Hit almost lost to Dyspo!?!?!' and it just kind of makes me actually lol. People are putting way too much weight into the beginning of the fight where Hit wasn't taking it seriously.
Hit was using Time skip with his hands out the moment he faced Dyspo. Hit was serious from start to finish and he ate the dirt with grunts and screams after blows from Dyspo.
He was in the dirt one time because dyspo predicted his time skip because he wasn't taking it very seriously and probably expected Dyspo to be fodder like everyone else has been. As i said people are putting way too much weight on the beginning of the fight. If we used that logic then android 17 could take on goku just because he wasn't wrecking him immediately when the battle started. They have been fighting for only a minute or two and Dyspo is too exhausted to even continue fighting but okay...Hit struggled.

User avatar
PsionicWarrior
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:24 am

Hit's counter to Dyspo made zero sense. At the start of battle we are being told when Hit actives his technique he doesn't have the time to activate it because of Dyspo's supernatural speed. So, what does it matters if Hit feints to activate his technique or not, Dyspo is still going too fast for him. The problem he was facing wasn't that he didn't get the time to activate, it was that he didn't get to time to dodge.

User avatar
Boo Machine
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm
Location: On the Track to NoWhere

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:03 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:Hit's counter to Dyspo made zero sense. At the start of battle we are being told when Hit actives his technique he doesn't have the time to activate it because of Dyspo's supernatural speed. So, what does it matters if Hit feints to activate his technique or not, Dyspo is still going too fast for him. The problem he was facing wasn't that he didn't get the time to activate, it was that he didn't get to time to dodge.
Except between the start of the battle and the end of it, Hit starts adapting to Dyspos movements. Toppo even points out as much when Hit starts blocking some punches. Hit might have just figured out what Goku did (movements being too linear) since rapid improvement is how Hit gets...Stronger? Better? Point is he Hit becomes a bigger problem the longer you fight him.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

User avatar
PsionicWarrior
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:12 pm

Him figuring it out doesn't make him go faster. He can't "adapt" to Dyspo movements if Dyspo's movements are too rapid for him. Sorry it makes no sense. Not a big deal either.

User avatar
Boo Machine
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm
Location: On the Track to NoWhere

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:44 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:Him figuring it out doesn't make him go faster. He can't "adapt" to Dyspo movements if Dyspo's movements are too rapid for him. Sorry it makes no sense. Not a big deal either.
It may not be a big deal, but I don't feel it makes zero sense. You can adapt to movement. It's the same thing with Hit vs Goku. Hit is literally freezing time yet Goku still adapted to Hit enough to figure out where he was going to be and strike him. Here Hit figures out how Dyspos moves operate and makes it work in his favor. Even Goku almost managed to almost Hit Dyspo by figuring out how Dyspo moves and he doesn't even have the advantage of Time skipping. It's just them predicting how Dyspo is going to move, and according to Goku, it isn't a very complicated move pattern.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

User avatar
PsionicWarrior
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:09 pm

Boo Machine wrote: It's the same thing with Hit vs Goku.
It's absolutely not the same thing. Against Hit Goku PREDICTED Hit's moves. Here Dyspo is TOO FAST for Hit. I don't see how Hit FEINTING his technique makes him CATCH UP to Dyspo's speed.

User avatar
Boo Machine
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm
Location: On the Track to NoWhere

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:26 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:
Boo Machine wrote: It's the same thing with Hit vs Goku.
It's absolutely not the same thing. Against Hit Goku PREDICTED Hit's moves. Here Dyspo is TOO FAST for Hit. I don't see how Hit FEINTING his technique makes him CATCH UP to Dyspo's speed.
It's absolutely the same thing. Both Hit and Dyspo use moves that make it hard to see them. Yet Goku managed to figure out both. Feinting works because Dyspo is listening for when Hit dose the Time skip. So When Dyspo thinks he hears it, he goes in like Hit wants. He says as much. It's like luring someone into a trap. If Hit knows what move he is going to make then he can very much land blows on Dyspo. Especially if Dyspo is as predictable as Goku implies.

The episode goes out of it's way to tell you how this all works to the point that some folk were upset with so much talking.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

User avatar
PsionicWarrior
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Can you simply explain me how, whatever if one fighter can predict or feint, the other STILL GOES FASTER THAN HIM. Doing a feint can't prevent Dyspo from going too fast. Lol! ... It makes no sense at all.
Whatever, the fight was nice to watch and that's the important part.

User avatar
Boo Machine
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm
Location: On the Track to NoWhere

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:11 pm

A feint doesn't slow him down, but it does get him to move the way Hit wants. Which was the "lure" him in part he mentioned. This isn't an RPG where Dyspo's LV. number is higher than Hit's so that means Hit has to grind to get his number higher in order to match him. Hit is pretty damn fast himself. So if Hit knows where Dyspo is going to be, especially if he is leading him there with his actions (Which Dyspo acknowledges is what Hit is doing), then all he needs to do is be there. That's why Dyspo calls it a "counter" and Vados says that a moments hesitation is all it takes in a battle of speed.

It's cool that you enjoyed the fight. I'm glad you did even if you don't think it makes sense. Agreed that enjoyability is the important part, but the argument isn't whether or not it was enjoyable, but whether it makes sense. And saying it makes ZERO sense is completely false.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

User avatar
PsionicWarrior
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:22 pm

I got your point I just can't accept it, if someone goes too fast, he goes too fast, you can predict, anticipate, feint or whatever, you will still be too slow and unable to counter let alone attack. Guess there's no need to keep going on this lol :)

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 2647
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by Miracles » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Zagacious wrote:He was in the dirt one time because dyspo predicted his time skip because he wasn't taking it very seriously and probably expected Dyspo to be fodder like everyone else has been. As i said people are putting way too much weight on the beginning of the fight. If we used that logic then android 17 could take on goku just because he wasn't wrecking him immediately when the battle started. They have been fighting for only a minute or two and Dyspo is too exhausted to even continue fighting but okay...Hit struggled.
Hit was using his most powerful gimmick the moment he faced Dyspo, Time stop. Combined it with the "stored time-stop" to fool Dyspo cause he couldn't straight up handle him.
It was a grind for Hit from start to finish. Let's not forget Goku saved Hit too.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."~Psalm 14:1

User avatar
PsionicWarrior
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:43 pm

Goku didn't save Hit. His intervention was completely unnecessary.

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 2647
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by Miracles » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:43 pm

^Beerus said otherwise and it was obvious that Hit was getting wasted by Kunshi and Dyspo.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."~Psalm 14:1

User avatar
Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by Zagacious » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:11 pm

Miracles wrote:
Zagacious wrote:He was in the dirt one time because dyspo predicted his time skip because he wasn't taking it very seriously and probably expected Dyspo to be fodder like everyone else has been. As i said people are putting way too much weight on the beginning of the fight. If we used that logic then android 17 could take on goku just because he wasn't wrecking him immediately when the battle started. They have been fighting for only a minute or two and Dyspo is too exhausted to even continue fighting but okay...Hit struggled.
Hit was using his most powerful gimmick the moment he faced Dyspo, Time stop. Combined it with the "stored time-stop" to fool Dyspo cause he couldn't straight up handle him.
It was a grind for Hit from start to finish. Let's not forget Goku saved Hit too.
Hit's time skip seems to be one of his common moves, since he has used it in pretty much every battle, just because it also happens to be very powerful doesn't make it a desperate move. It took only a minor alteration to what he usually does and easily defeated Dyspo. Again you really need to watch the fight again starting from where Goku intervenes, it can't be much clearer that he wasn't necessary at all.

Goku barely did anything besides block 1 punch from Dyspo, after that he is hardly even involved. Hit not dodging every single of Dyspo's attacks doesn't mean Hit was struggling in any way. Look at the end of the fight and it is Hit who does all the damage and finishes the job. Goku sparred with Dyspo for a very brief time and they barely even attacked each other then Hit finished it. Hit took out Kunshi in pretty much one strike, and Dyspo in about 5 strikes.

Post Reply