Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:42 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Yes I am becuase it looks like Goku and Vegeta are going to dominate with miminal help from Tien while Piccolo and Gohan are just going to be flattend by rocks.
Well we can only speculate, my guess is Tien will still have his moment (most likely will help with a kikoho although he already did that) but I doubt he's popular enough to get himself a full episode like Roshi.
They all deserve an episode or even multiple episodes. I can only assume tge characters nit having many fights are having the big fights. There is no reason why Tien can't be there for a long time as it is a battle royale.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:43 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: They are flattened by rocks.
Uhm, maybe they are taking cover from those beams that are falling from the sky? That's what it looked like to me. There is only one split second shot, but it doesn't seem like Piccolo is getting crushed based on his expression.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:44 am

Yeah for all we know he could very well kick someone out too, let's wait and see.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:47 am

Michsi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: They are flattened by rocks.
Uhm, maybe they are taking cover from those beams that are falling from the sky? That's what it looked like to me. There is only one split second shot, but it doesn't seem like Piccolo is getting crushed based on his expression.
It is still crap that Vegeta and Goku are taking the main fighting roles whereas Piccolo, Gohan and Tien have just been standing around for most of the tournament. This is not how you do a battle royale.

Roshi and 18 have been involved in a lot of knockouts and are still in with the potential for more but Gohan, Piccolo and Tien have had hardly anything and it is just wrong.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:49 am

sintzu wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Goku became incredibly distressed, turned SSJB to instantly break free from Maji Kayo and rushed over to revive him and then helped him back onto his feet.
Why can't we get this Goku more often ? It was such a great scene seeing him trying to revive him and showing how much he cared for him once he woke up. Goku went from one of the worst characters in the tournament to one of the best and hopefully it stays that way.
He;s been like the best thing about this entire saga imo. You'd get to see more of this Goku if his friends were in any more immediate distress.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:50 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:Yeah for all we know he could very well kick someone out too, let's wait and see.
We want more than just a forgettable 10 second fight.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:56 am

Lord Beerus wrote: All of Roshi's contributions in the plot led to nothing. He really didn't contribute any of positive nature for the main cast in-universe to the plot in the King Piccolo arc other than scare King Piccolo for a very brief period with the vague threat that someone will beat him. I mean, that speech itself to King Piccolo was fine but it didn't really lead to anything substantial as King Piccolo still went unchallenged and practically ruled the world for a very short time.
It isn't about contributing to the plot, but him having awesome moments. I mean, you can argued that Roshi didn't contribute to the plot here since all the people he took out could have been knocked out by other people with probably less hassle.

And Roshi's speech was right. He said one day someone would come, challenged, and beat Piccolo, not matter if it takes years.
namekiansaiyan wrote:
It is still crap that Vegeta and Goku are taking the main fighting roles whereas Piccolo, Gohan and Tien have just been standing around for most of the tournament. This is not how you do a battle royale.

Roshi and 18 have been involved in a lot of knockouts and are still in with the potential for more but Gohan, Piccolo and Tien have had hardly anything and it is just wrong.
Vegeta literally haven't been seen since Episode 102 while Gohan and Piccolo had their moment in 103, so this is an odd complaint.
Last edited by HeroR on Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:57 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: We want more than just a forgettable 10 second fight.
There is 34 more minutes before the end of Tournament, 34 DB minutes. :P
Maybe they will give more screentime to others before then, who knows, I don't see the point on complaining about what didn't happen yet. :?
Or go create a pro-Tien propaganda thread or something. :mrgreen:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:05 am

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Vegeta literally haven't been seen since Episode 102 while Gohan and Piccolo had their moment in 103, so this is an odd complaint.
But he also had episode 98 as well and got many knockouts while others are getting nothing.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:08 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
But he also had episode 98 as well and got many knockouts while others are getting nothing.
98 wasn't a Vegeta episode since he shared it with Goku and Freeza with 18 getting into it. Meanwhile, Gohan got an episode and to an extension Piccolo since he's glued to Gohan. The only one not to get a focused is Tien.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:14 am

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
98 wasn't a Vegeta episode since he shared it with Goku and Freeza with 18 getting into it. Meanwhile, Gohan got an episode and to an extension Piccolo since he's glued to Gohan. The only one not to get a focused is Tien.
Don't even try and make out that was a Piccolo focused episode when his fight lasted 15 seconds and he was watching Gohan more than fighting.

Vegeta has still had plenty of screen time in 9 episodes even if he has not had an episode focused on him. I am sure this is Toei doing this nonsense and not Toriyama.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:16 am

Instead of discussing how bad ass Roshi was and the fact we actually got some emotion out of DB and Goku too nonetheless, people complaining "muh character isn't getting enough screen time". :roll:

This maybe one of my favourite episodes in the entire franchise!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:19 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Instead of discussing how bad ass Roshi was and the fact we actually got some emotion out of DB and Goku too nonetheless, people complaining "muh character isn't getting enough screen time". :roll:

That is why we are talking about it as Roshi has been involved in 5 knockouts and is still in while next episode looks like it will putting Tien and Piccolo mostly to one side again when they have had hardly anything.

It was a good episode just like last week becuase it had fighters with unique fighting styles and abilities to show that power is not everything.

Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:25 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Instead of discussing how bad ass Roshi was and the fact we actually got some emotion out of DB and Goku too nonetheless, people complaining "muh character isn't getting enough screen time". :roll:

Piccolo and Tien Fans always crying. Since when got Roshi the last time to shine?

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:33 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Instead of discussing how bad ass Roshi was and the fact we actually got some emotion out of DB and Goku
No offense to Roshi, but that was by far the most surprising part for me. I was afraid there was some sort of unspoken agreement to not let Goku ever be too distraught over anything. While maybe a little bit shoehorned and unconvincing (like Piccolo dying in the ROF) it was still good that they went there.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:37 am

Vegeta-Sama wrote:

Piccolo and Tien Fans always crying. Since when got Roshi the last time to shine?
Roshi, Piccolo and Tien are my 3 favourites that are left on Universe 7 so I am definitely not complaing about Roshi. It is that next episode preview with Goku and Vegeta taking all the screen time again and the fact that Roshi and 18 have done a lot more than Piccolo, Frieza and Tien have done.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:40 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Don't even try and make out that was a Piccolo focused episode when his fight lasted 15 seconds and he was watching Gohan more than fighting.

Vegeta has still had plenty of screen time in 9 episodes even if he has not had an episode focused on him. I am sure this is Toei doing this nonsense and not Toriyama.
I wasn't just talking about fighting, especially since Piccolo is purposely taking a more mentor role.

And "plenty of screen time in 9 episodes". Vegeta wasn't in Episodes 101, 103, 104, and 105, and most of his scene time was in 98.

Oh look, the old, 'when in doubt, blame Toei'.
Kanassa wrote:

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:41 am

I think this is the first time a DBSuper episode got tears out of me. Really nice and touching episode.
Did Goku used his SSBlue ki to get Roshi back to life? Also, I always thought the best way to say good bye to Roshi is by doing it similar to what Toyotaro did in his DBAF alternate ending. Have Roshi going to heaven which is represented by Kamehouse and everyone is there waiting for him.
Nonetheless, having Roshi saying good bye in a tournament would have been fitting too.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:48 am

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

I wasn't just talking about fighting, especially since Piccolo is purposely taking a more mentor role.

And "plenty of screen time in 9 episodes". Vegeta wasn't in Episodes 101, 103, 104, and 105, and most of his scene time was in 98.

Oh look, the old, 'when in doubt, blame Toei'.
Piccolo is not taking a mentoring role at all as he was excited to fight strong opponents in the tournament when Goku came to him while he said Gohan's training is done and they are staying together to make sure they are harder to be knocked out.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:56 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Piccolo is not taking a mentoring role at all as he was excited to fight strong opponents in the tournament when Goku came to him while he said Gohan's training is done and they are staying together to make sure they are harder to be knocked out.
He can be excited and still take a mentor role. They're not mutually exclusively. If he wasn't taking a mentor role, he wouldn't sit back and be watching Gohan fight.
Kanassa wrote: