Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:03 am

I really couldn't believe they made an even more obvious rape joke after getting roasted for the less obvious one and less people care about this :lol:

Personally I didn't care but I was a little shocked. They went FAR with it.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

User avatar
JazzMazz
I Live Here
Posts: 2189
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:18 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:
mAcChaos wrote: You have to let go of comparing power levels like DBZ. Super is basically its own separate thing. It's never going to be the same.
But Super is the official continuation of Z. Of course Z is its own thing compared to DB and so is Super but you can't consider them as truly 'separate things'. It's one big series, and Super is part of it.
Asura wrote:It's not even about power levels dude, I really wish people would stop saying that, it's just about power consistency. Looking at what's on the screen. Super's logic is literally A > B and B > C but C > A. It shows one strong character fighting another, and then it shows a weaker fighter fighting that guy at the same level. It makes no sense and Super has a habit of not making any sense with it's power relativity. It doesn't have anything to do with numbers and all about how they are constantly contradicting themselves.
Amen to that. It's been a while I chose to not care about power consistency in Super but it certainly wouldn't harm the show if they cared just a bit?
Tbh though it's a bit better in TOP, and the tactics approach is nice imo, of course I'm disappointed there is so many 'weaklings' fighting in this arena but at least it keeps things coherent, as many said the handling of Roshi this episode was beyond expectations and imo couldn't have existed if everyone was Goku tier (as I was expecting before it started). It looks like they try to find some balance, which is why more people are asking for lower characters to get powered-up, so there will be more freedom from writers on the matter of power consistency for the future threats to come once the tournament is over.
Something I think people are missing about this episode, was that Roshi was overcoming his opponents through wit, being creepy, or using their own superior power against them like with Ganos.
It's pretty clearly established in the fight, that Ganos is way out of Roshi's league in terms of pure power, Roshi is simply out-classing him by using his predictable movements against him.
I don't see how that's so hard to understand? The combat was more based around skill than how physically powerful the characters were in relation to one another.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:32 am

JazzMazz wrote:
PsionicWarrior wrote:
mAcChaos wrote: You have to let go of comparing power levels like DBZ. Super is basically its own separate thing. It's never going to be the same.
But Super is the official continuation of Z. Of course Z is its own thing compared to DB and so is Super but you can't consider them as truly 'separate things'. It's one big series, and Super is part of it.
Asura wrote:It's not even about power levels dude, I really wish people would stop saying that, it's just about power consistency. Looking at what's on the screen. Super's logic is literally A > B and B > C but C > A. It shows one strong character fighting another, and then it shows a weaker fighter fighting that guy at the same level. It makes no sense and Super has a habit of not making any sense with it's power relativity. It doesn't have anything to do with numbers and all about how they are constantly contradicting themselves.
Amen to that. It's been a while I chose to not care about power consistency in Super but it certainly wouldn't harm the show if they cared just a bit?
Tbh though it's a bit better in TOP, and the tactics approach is nice imo, of course I'm disappointed there is so many 'weaklings' fighting in this arena but at least it keeps things coherent, as many said the handling of Roshi this episode was beyond expectations and imo couldn't have existed if everyone was Goku tier (as I was expecting before it started). It looks like they try to find some balance, which is why more people are asking for lower characters to get powered-up, so there will be more freedom from writers on the matter of power consistency for the future threats to come once the tournament is over.
Something I think people are missing about this episode, was that Roshi was overcoming his opponents through wit, being creepy, or using their own superior power against them like with Ganos.
It's pretty clearly established in the fight, that Ganos is way out of Roshi's league in terms of pure power, Roshi is simply out-classing him by using his predictable movements against him.
I don't see how that's so hard to understand? The combat was more based around skill than how physically powerful the characters were in relation to one another.
Yep. Especially Ganos like you said.

His movements were literally the same every time so Roshi was able to dodge without thinking most of the fight. Even though hes slower he had a big head start more or less for people who dont get it for whatever reason.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20321
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:29 am

Decided to watch the episode again and it's even better than I originally thought it was after I picked on something else I didn't in my initial watch of the episode.

The whole episode felt like it was leaning so heavily on the fourth wall with Ganos reiterating and rephrasing some the complaints that some of the fandom had about Roshi's inclusion into the team. "He's old", "He needs to retire", "He needs to accept his limits and give up" etc. And the episode masterfully addressed this, to not only bring coherency to the plot, but to also seamlessly tie into and further develop the subtle and more outward meanings of his training and his teachings to Goku and Krillin when they were his students as children.

The episode justified Roshi's reintroduction into the main plot, and in such a high stakes arc like this specifically, in such a good way. And made everything about Roshi's relationship with Goku and Krillin come full circle, with how Roshi inspired Goku and Krillin to become better than what he wanted them to be and Goku and Krillin did the same for him as the years went by and they've all become much better people in terms of personality and power because of that wonderful and inspirational cycle.

The episode has just became one of my favorite in the franchise now.

User avatar
Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:35 pm

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:40 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0evfVR7gAQ

Beerus: Hey
Krillin: Yes
Beerus: What was that old man´s name again

:clap:

User avatar
PsionicWarrior
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1541
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:46 am

JazzMazz wrote:...
Read my post again we agree about that lol

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:53 am

Noah wrote:
Zephyr wrote:They're watching #17's island right now. As everyone was leaving, we saw some poachers in a submarine, clearly setting up a "Goten and Trunks fight the poachers" 'filler' episode.
I don't think that would happen, I mean a whole episoded dedicated to Goten and Trunks in the middle of the ToP? Lame.
Those episodes will probably just happen after the tournament is over, don't forget, this tournament is only 48 minutes long.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

User avatar
Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:19 am

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:13 am

I wasn't expecting much out of this episode, but it really caught me off guard by the end. I was going in leaning towards this being Roshi's elimination episode, but got a really nice reminder of the Turtle Hermit of the early days. I'm still a bit mixed on the episode overall, and that duck-hulk transformation was so unimaginative, but the characterization of Roshi was so good, imo. Turtle Hermit earned his place here, and his 'final stand' moment is one of the highlights of the ToP so far. Super actually giving us insight into what got him to come out of retirement for this survival battle was unexpected too, as this kind of stuff is usually glossed over on this series. Goku and Kuririn are his boys.

I've long let go of power levels on this series. Yeah, they're inconsistent with Z, but I think that Z got way out of hand with some of that stuff (ex. Goku's power arriving on Namek-->Goku's power at the end of the Freeza fight, the Namek arc in general). It's all about the characters for me. And besides, Roshi got to break out several signature moves in this one episode, and even Hypnosis was sighted!

Goku getting emotional? Get that nonsensical stuff out of my Super... :p

Ah, I see that King Ryu was the writer, and Sato was director. Good stuff. :)

User avatar
Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:33 am

gofishus wrote:Actually, although the main / strongest characters in Dragonball have been mostly male (and that remains true), DB/DBZ has always shown strong female characters since the beginning:

Bulma
Chi Chi
Launch
Mai
Android 18
Videl
Pan

Tell me if these aren't some of the strongest female characters you'll find in any anime.
Bulma is not a fighter. But, yeah, she is definitely strong woman. She has brain and courage. And I really appreciate this.
Chi Chi is a house wife and she wanted to be one.
Launch is wild, but she disappeared and has no enough strength to compete.
Mai is strong. But same situation as Launch, she has no enough strength to compete. And she is a kid now (actually, she should be a teen).
Android 18 is a fighter and only woman that has enough strength. But she has no desire to fight. Only ToP forced her.
Videl... I can understand, she has a child now. And her husband is not a fighter, he is more a family man. But still in Buu arc, she has a lot of potential. She is only woman in DBZ that had strong desire to train and learn techniques.
Pan. Her time does not come yet. We'll see.

A lot of female characters in DB has strong will and presonalty. I agree. But they are out of frontline. DB is fighting title. So, the most valuable in DB is ability to fight. DB had lack of women fighters till DB Super. Chi Chi and Videl was fighters, but they turned to housewifes. Android 18 is a fighter, but she lost desire to fight. Now DBS introduced a lot of women fighters. And it feels like a really big change.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:55 am

Asura wrote: It's not even about power levels dude, I really wish people would stop saying that, it's just about power consistency. Looking at what's on the screen. Super's logic is literally A > B and B > C but C > A. It shows one strong character fighting another, and then it shows a weaker fighter fighting that guy at the same level. It makes no sense and Super has a habit of not making any sense with it's power relativity. It doesn't have anything to do with numbers and all about how they are constantly contradicting themselves.
The exact same thing happens in comic books. All the time.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10138
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
precita wrote:It's funny we're getting so many female fighters in Dragonball now. For the entire span of DBZ, all we got was 18, but she was only a villain for a short time. Even in all the movies the only female fighter I remember is one of Bojack's henchmen and she barely did anything.
I also really like that there are more female fighters in the battle-lines. Caulifla has been one of the shining stars of this entire arc.
Caulifla is absolute shit garbage and I can't stand her "is it about the tingly back??" magical Mary Sue character writing. I realize that we need yet more saiyans all the time forever, but holy fuck do I hope we get a break from her during the next arc.

That being said, it is certainly gratifying to see that the gender balance has shifted in DragonBall, or at least during this arc. I would have been fairly dismayed if a multiverse tournament did the opposite and showed a male-centric talent pool with disproportionately few females.
Lol, I love how you can Caulifla "magical Mary Sue character writing" when that has been every Saiyan post-Namek, including your precious Goten who got SS (yet couldn't even freaking fly) for no reason other than just 'cuz, plot requirement. In fact we actually get an explanation for her going SS instead of every other time a Saiyan did it was just they did.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7650
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
Asura wrote: It's not even about power levels dude, I really wish people would stop saying that, it's just about power consistency. Looking at what's on the screen. Super's logic is literally A > B and B > C but C > A. It shows one strong character fighting another, and then it shows a weaker fighter fighting that guy at the same level. It makes no sense and Super has a habit of not making any sense with it's power relativity. It doesn't have anything to do with numbers and all about how they are constantly contradicting themselves.
The exact same thing happens in comic books. All the time.
Plus, a lot of the complaints about the 'power inconsistency' happens because fans ignores context, characters' statements, and techniques. Even when the show beats you over the head with it, you still get fans saying 'Super's power levels makes no sense. The Krillin and 17 episode is the perfect examples. One overplays Krillin's strength, while the other have fans trying to downplay 17, despite statements said by characters in those episodes.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:03 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Li'l Lemmy wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I also really like that there are more female fighters in the battle-lines. Caulifla has been one of the shining stars of this entire arc.
Caulifla is absolute shit garbage and I can't stand her "is it about the tingly back??" magical Mary Sue character writing. I realize that we need yet more saiyans all the time forever, but holy fuck do I hope we get a break from her during the next arc.

That being said, it is certainly gratifying to see that the gender balance has shifted in DragonBall, or at least during this arc. I would have been fairly dismayed if a multiverse tournament did the opposite and showed a male-centric talent pool with disproportionately few females.
Lol, I love how you can Caulifla "magical Mary Sue character writing" when that has been every Saiyan post-Namek, including your precious Goten who got SS (yet couldn't even freaking fly) for no reason other than just 'cuz, plot requirement. In fact we actually get an explanation for her going SS instead of every other time a Saiyan did it was just they did.
People say that but IMO it makes a lot more sense for someone to naturally have it than to suddenly obtain it from less than a day of training.

Goten and Trunks are basically Super Saiyan Savants :lol:
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20321
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:29 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Li'l Lemmy wrote:
Caulifla is absolute shit garbage and I can't stand her "is it about the tingly back??" magical Mary Sue character writing. I realize that we need yet more saiyans all the time forever, but holy fuck do I hope we get a break from her during the next arc.

That being said, it is certainly gratifying to see that the gender balance has shifted in DragonBall, or at least during this arc. I would have been fairly dismayed if a multiverse tournament did the opposite and showed a male-centric talent pool with disproportionately few females.
Lol, I love how you can Caulifla "magical Mary Sue character writing" when that has been every Saiyan post-Namek, including your precious Goten who got SS (yet couldn't even freaking fly) for no reason other than just 'cuz, plot requirement. In fact we actually get an explanation for her going SS instead of every other time a Saiyan did it was just they did.
People say that but IMO it makes a lot more sense for someone to naturally have it than to suddenly obtain it from less than a day of training.

Goten and Trunks are basically Super Saiyan Savants :lol:
I always thought that your just needed to have a really powerful base form to be able to access the SSJ form. Whether Caulifla trained to be that strong o is just that naturally powerful to begin with remains uncertain.

User avatar
Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by Zagacious » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:57 pm

JazzMazz wrote:Something I think people are missing about this episode, was that Roshi was overcoming his opponents through wit, being creepy, or using their own superior power against them like with Ganos.
It's pretty clearly established in the fight, that Ganos is way out of Roshi's league in terms of pure power, Roshi is simply out-classing him by using his predictable movements against him.
I don't see how that's so hard to understand? The combat was more based around skill than how physically powerful the characters were in relation to one another.
He didn't really use strategy against Ganos though, the hypnotism only distracted him for a second and he snapped out of it. Roshi won by overpowering him with the Kamehameha. The fights against the other two were definitely skill, but not against Ganos. If Ganos was indeed stronger he could have countered the Kamehameha because it's not exactly a surprise. Even when Ganos transformed Roshi was handling him pretty easily, they weren't that far apart in power.

User avatar
Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:07 pm

Zagacious wrote:He didn't really use strategy against Ganos though, the hypnotism only distracted him for a second and he snapped out of it. Roshi won by overpowering him with the Kamehameha. The fights against the other two were definitely skill, but not against Ganos. If Ganos was indeed stronger he could have countered the Kamehameha because it's not exactly a surprise. Even when Ganos transformed Roshi was handling him pretty easily, they weren't that far apart in power.
If it was a real fight, not a tournament restricted by rules, Ganos definitely won and Roshi died.

User avatar
Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by Zagacious » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:08 pm

HeroR wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Asura wrote: It's not even about power levels dude, I really wish people would stop saying that, it's just about power consistency. Looking at what's on the screen. Super's logic is literally A > B and B > C but C > A. It shows one strong character fighting another, and then it shows a weaker fighter fighting that guy at the same level. It makes no sense and Super has a habit of not making any sense with it's power relativity. It doesn't have anything to do with numbers and all about how they are constantly contradicting themselves.
The exact same thing happens in comic books. All the time.
Plus, a lot of the complaints about the 'power inconsistency' happens because fans ignores context, characters' statements, and techniques. Even when the show beats you over the head with it, you still get fans saying 'Super's power levels makes no sense. The Krillin and 17 episode is the perfect examples. One overplays Krillin's strength, while the other have fans trying to downplay 17, despite statements said by characters in those episodes.
It's more because the show ignores it's own context, character statements, and techniques. The Krillin and 17 ones are probably the least complained about, so it's funny you'd mention those two, even if the way they represented it was poor , most reasonable people just assume Goku was holding back then. I'm not going to go into all the examples here because it would be too lengthy, but bringing up the least inconsistent examples just to make it look like everything in Super is actually consistent is just not true.

User avatar
Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by Zagacious » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:10 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
Zagacious wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Something I think people are missing about this episode, was that Roshi was overcoming his opponents through wit, being creepy, or using their own superior power against them like with Ganos.
It's pretty clearly established in the fight, that Ganos is way out of Roshi's league in terms of pure power, Roshi is simply out-classing him by using his predictable movements against him.
I don't see how that's so hard to understand? The combat was more based around skill than how physically powerful the characters were in relation to one another.
He didn't really use strategy against Ganos though, the hypnotism only distracted him for a second and he snapped out of it. Roshi won by overpowering him with the Kamehameha. The fights against the other two were definitely skill, but not against Ganos. If Ganos was indeed stronger he could have countered the Kamehameha because it's not exactly a surprise. Even when Ganos transformed Roshi was handling him pretty easily, they weren't that far apart in power.
If it was a real fight, not a tournament restricted by rules, Ganos definitely won and Roshi died.
Even when Ganos transformed he had no chance against Roshi. It's not really surprisingly given the plot induced power nerfing to all 3 of his opponents. Show me one instance during the fight when Roshi used strategy to overcome Ganos, because the Kamehameha wasn't it, the hypnotism did nothing either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVg3FEVMAMA

1:15 - Roshi strikes Ganos as he approaches him, clear show of outpowering him.
1:30 - Roshi shows superior speed and Ganos cannot even touch him
1:50 - Roshi again shows superior speed and dodges Ganos' attack
2:15 - Roshi blasts Ganos while he's on the ground
2:45 - Roshi shows superior speed and is dodging most of Ganos' attacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxRvTv8_iyQ

0:45 - Roshi uses hypnotism, Ganos falls out of hypnotism within a few seconds and provides no benefit to Roshi
1:30 - Roshi is knocked down by Ganos briefly
2:30 - Roshi uses Kamehameha and overpowers Ganos

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7650
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:18 pm

Zagacious wrote:[

It's more because the show ignores it's own context, character statements, and techniques. The Krillin and 17 ones are probably the least complained about, so it's funny you'd mention those two, even if the way they represented it was poor , most reasonable people just assume Goku was holding back then. I'm not going to go into all the examples here because it would be too lengthy, but bringing up the least inconsistent examples just to make it look like everything in Super is actually consistent is just not true.
You mean posters like you who downplay 17 and claim that he isn't near Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku despite Goku saying he was pushed to that form, and both him and 17 were hiding back?

Outside of some wackiness, Super is nowhere near as inconsistent as some believe.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Super Episode 105 (27 August 2017)

Post by Zagacious » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:21 pm

HeroR wrote:
Zagacious wrote:[

It's more because the show ignores it's own context, character statements, and techniques. The Krillin and 17 ones are probably the least complained about, so it's funny you'd mention those two, even if the way they represented it was poor , most reasonable people just assume Goku was holding back then. I'm not going to go into all the examples here because it would be too lengthy, but bringing up the least inconsistent examples just to make it look like everything in Super is actually consistent is just not true.
You mean posters like you who downplay 17 and claim that he isn't near Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku despite Goku saying he was pushed to that form, and both him and 17 were hiding back?

Outside of some wackiness, Super is nowhere near as inconsistent as some believe.
The show is also very inconsistent between what the characters say and what is actually represented in the action. For example this last episode between Roshi and Ganos where Ganos constantly says "I should be more powerful!" and Roshi replies with 'but I have more experience" etc to make it seem like Roshi is really winning with strategy, when really he was just faster and more powerful than Ganos even when he was transformed. See my previous post for a timeline showing the battle because I'm sick of people just saying "It's not inconsistent" or Roshi won with strategy" without giving a single example or argument other than "you're wrong'

Roshi vs Ganos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVg3FEVMAMA

1:15 - Roshi strikes Ganos as he approaches him, clear show of outpowering him.
1:30 - Roshi shows superior speed and Ganos cannot even touch him
1:50 - Roshi again shows superior speed and dodges Ganos' attack
2:15 - Roshi blasts Ganos while he's on the ground
2:45 - Roshi shows superior speed and is dodging most of Ganos' attacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxRvTv8_iyQ

0:45 - Roshi uses hypnotism, Ganos falls out of hypnotism within a few seconds and provides no benefit to Roshi
1:30 - Roshi is knocked down by Ganos briefly
2:30 - Roshi uses Kamehameha and Ganos fires some electrical energy beams, Roshi's Kamehameha overpowers Ganos

Post Reply